Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Monroe's VADA Test Threatens Charlo Fight, Korobov Could Step In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The replacement is ranked 54th by boxrec and Andrade is fighting a low ranked cherry pick. These two keep saying the top guys are afraid of them but neither Andrade or Jermall has ever even fought a really good middleweight yet. Why don't they just fight each other?

Comment

Korobov would be a significantly better opponent than Willie Monroe Jr.

Comment

Why am I more excited to watch the fight now? I guess we all knew Willie had zero chance at winning, at least Korobov brings something of an unknown into the fight. He supposedly had loads of talent but he didn't get anywhere. This could be his only shot.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Korobov would be a significantly better opponent than Willie Monroe Jr.
          I agree about Korobov. I have good seats for this show and was excited that Korobov was added to the card. Would love to see him get it on with Charlo. If he is in shape, this fight can be interesting!

Comment

Weird situation when the late replacement improves the main event lol Much more interesting fight.

Also, the Charlos have both submitted drug tests. I wish somebody would report on that so the idiots here can stop whining about it.

Looking forward to the card.

Comment

Willie should be able to fight. He just should attempt to get the win. No belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                I haven't seen Korobov since the Andy Lee KO. Has he improved?
                No. At least I doubt it, dude's careers been non-existant since then... thing was he was always a very good boxer. Never saw the guy close to outboxed, but he kept letting it hang out when he was ahead or when he tried to go for the finish. Nearly got him KOd against Edwards. Did get him KOd against Lee, but he was winning that fight handily until he got complacent. It's entirely likely the same thing will happen against Jermall but there's a high likelihood he'd outbox him until such time as he got KOd. At his best though he's very good - watch him vs (an albeit green) Uzcategui for instance.

Time's definitely against Korobov now and with his inactivity I'd be surprised to see him beat Jermall, but I'd give him a much better chance than Willie Monroe and he'd certainly make it a more interesting fight. With Monroe we know what's gonna happen, with Matvey we don't - at least not so much anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  Mal has a backup I assume.

Problem is...if Monroe was plan A...who the hell is he fighting? Gabe Rosado? lmao
                  He can fight Mauricio Sulaiman as a plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    No. At least I doubt it, dude's careers been non-existant since then... thing was he was always a very good boxer. Never saw the guy close to outboxed, but he kept letting it hang out when he was ahead or when he tried to go for the finish. Nearly got him KOd against Edwards. Did get him KOd against Lee, but he was winning that fight handily until he got complacent. It's entirely likely the same thing will happen against Jermall but there's a high likelihood he'd outbox him until such time as he got KOd. At his best though he's very good - watch him vs (an albeit green) Uzcategui for instance.

Time's definitely against Korobov now and with his inactivity I'd be surprised to see him beat Jermall, but I'd give him a much better chance than Willie Monroe and he'd certainly make it a more interesting fight. With Monroe we know what's gonna happen, with Matvey we don't - at least not so much anyway.
                    Yeah, I pretty much agree

Korobov is somewhat like Tony Harrison in a sense that he's a good fighter early, but always runs into something middle to late of the fight and the chin doesn't hold up

Overall, I like the fight. They had bad blood on twitter

Comment

I doubt it, if true credit to Jermall.
                      Korobov is a much better opponent. Type of guy you avoid unless you have to tbh

Comment

Working...
                      X