Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Mexicans get called out for nationalism when supporting Mexican boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Mexicans get called out for nationalism when supporting Mexican boxers?

But Ukranians dont?

But Puerto Ricans dont?

But Brits dont?

But Filipinos dont?

But Cubans dont?

But eastern euros dont?

But the Japanese dont?

They all support people that come from their country (or region) and its not a problem.

A Mexican supports a Mexican and "its racist!!"
    Last edited by Lion81; 12-14-2018, 01:27 PM.

I don't support fighters because of their country. I don't think a lot of people do. That's why they call them out for nationalism.

Comment

Shut the **** up before I call ICE

Comment

They do. People **** on people if they root for a euro saying “wannabes” yet they are just people enjoying a fighter regardless of race. Race isn’t important to some and not everyone is nationalist and racist like that.

It’s fine to root for someone because of patriotism but the problem is when you feel the need to **** on another race, hate them because of their race and tell people they shouldn’t like somebody. There’s a small Mexican contingent on here that do that and make it more than just a sport. Those members have unfortunately rubbed many the wrong way and it’s why there’s race battles and why posters like kid bazooka and shadoww got banned for being racist against blacks and why freshbrawler was banned for racism against whites and kigali was racist against Mexicans and whites.

When I started here in 2007 none of this happened because people just cared about boxing but then too many insecure people came in and pushed their nationalism and racism in people’s faces.

Comment

I will always support every Mexican boxer (Even Chávez jr)and that doesnt make me a nationalist

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
            Shut the **** up before I call ICE
            Go get killed by a cop somewhere.

That way we can all listen to "da comuniteee" cry about oppression.

Comment

I get why people support their people and I don't have a problem with that. I'm Mexican American but I've never really been the one to support a Mexican simply because he's Mexican. If I like a fighter it's because of their style and personality or other things. But nationalism is usually not the first thing I'm looking for.

Comment

This is Fake News anyone can support who you please, who calls you out Julia Robberts

Comment

Supporting your own is perfectly fine and a respectable trait. Supporting people based on skin colour isn't. Also, being 100% that way inclined is a bit suspect too. For example, I was a big Naz fan but I was a bigger Barrera fan. If you were to say "I only like Mexican fighters" then what's the point? I will support the Brit or Irish fighter more often than not, but I also like fighters of other nations.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
                    Go get killed by a cop somewhere.

That way we can all listen to "da comuniteee" cry about oppression.
                    Go make me a burrito *****. Hold the clenbuterol

Comment

Working...
                    X