Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Roman > Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually don't get caught up in this back and forth stuff, but I have a couple points I need to make.

Power punchers need to land to have success. To throw punches they need to plant their feet. Any fighter that needs to plant their feet to throw punches are going to have a long and difficult time against Loma. Sure Tank can close the distance quickly, but he still needs to plant his feet. Expect that if Tank did fight Loma, expect it to go a lot like the Gary Russell Jr. Fight.

Point 2. Neither Tank or Floyd want to fight Loma, because they know about point #1

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      You're the one who sound insecure. Its not like Pedraza I ever said Pedraza is a great fighter, in fact he barely cracks the top 5 of Lomachenko's best wins. But the truth is that Davis knocking out Pedraza and Loma not knocking him out has zero bearing on how a Lomachenko vs Davis fight would go. All it proves is that Davis hits harder than Lomachenko which is something we all knew already.
      No, I'm not insecure at all. I actually have said on MULTIPLE occasions that Davis KOing Pedraza while Lomachenko couldn't means nothing in their potential match up. If you accepted that as you say you do, then no excuses would be made in how Davis was able to Pedraza out while Lomachenko couldn't. People wouldn't be talking about how Pedraza was weight drained or didn't train properly for that fight.

Like I said, if Pedraza didn't fight Lomachenko, he wouldn't be getting nearly the praise he is getting now. Some were even saying if Mikey couldn't get Easter Jr out of there, he wouldn't get rid of Pedraza. What??? How does that even make any sense? Also, as mentioned, all those close fights for Easter were pointed out, yet NO ONE brought up the Cherry and Moran fights. Why? Just an oversight? Nope, more like having an agenda and trying to prove a point.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        No, I'm not insecure at all. I actually have said on MULTIPLE occasions that Davis KOing Pedraza while Lomachenko couldn't means nothing in their potential match up. If you accepted that as you say you do, then no excuses would be made in how Davis was able to Pedraza out while Lomachenko couldn't. People wouldn't be talking about how Pedraza was weight drained or didn't train properly for that fight.

Like I said, if Pedraza didn't fight Lomachenko, he wouldn't be getting nearly the praise he is getting now. Some were even saying if Mikey couldn't get Easter Jr out of there, he wouldn't get rid of Pedraza. What??? How does that even make any sense? Also, as mentioned, all those close fights for Easter were pointed out, yet NO ONE brought up the Cherry and Moran fights. Why? Just an oversight? Nope, more like having an agenda and trying to prove a point.
        Like I said the only thing it proves is that Davis hit harder. There are no excuses. Tank deserves a lot of credit for beating Pedraza, its his best win by far.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          I usually don't get caught up in this back and forth stuff, but I have a couple points I need to make.

Power punchers need to land to have success. To throw punches they need to plant their feet. Any fighter that needs to plant their feet to throw punches are going to have a long and difficult time against Loma. Sure Tank can close the distance quickly, but he still needs to plant his feet. Expect that if Tank did fight Loma, expect it to go a lot like the Gary Russell Jr. Fight.

Point 2. Neither Tank or Floyd want to fight Loma, because they know about point #1
          Lomachenko would definitely make Davis pay if he loaded up too much and went for the kill. But I think Davis has much better IQ than folks think. Watch his fights against Cuellar and Walsh. Look how patient he is and when he picks his shots. I actually think against Pedraza he was trying from round one to take his head off and it kind of cost him in a few rounds where he tired a bit before he turned it up again.

I don't really see it going like the GRJ fight. Tank has a different style, and is much stronger and the bigger puncher of the two. But Tank has very good hand speed himself. His problem is going to be Lomachenko's activity and angles. Tank will have to be effective with his jab to nullify the movement and then land his big shots. I got Lomachenko winning, but definitely don't think it will be a blowout or that Tank will get outclassed. Something like a 8-4 or 7-5 type of decision for Lomachenko, but in one he gets touched up and knows he was in a real fight. And a loss to Lomachenko won't ruin Tank, in fact it will make him better like it did Canelo when he fought Floyd.

Comment

I remember thinking that after the way Foreman destroyed the 2 fighters who had beaten Ali, that the outcome of a match between Ali and Foreman was a foregone conclusion.

The excuse for my stupidity was that I was only 15 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              Like I said the only thing it proves is that Davis hit harder. There are no excuses. Tank deserves a lot of credit for beating Pedraza, its his best win by far.
              I wouldn't say he deserves "a lot of credit" for that win, but it was a solid win no doubt. I would say that he deserves his respect where folks aren't making excuses in why the KO happened. That's all he really deserves here.

Comment

Loma fans salty their hero isn't unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
                  lol not **** he ain't unbeatable, he already lost.

Comment

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
                    How does that make any sense? He has a loss already.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post

yup. also lomachenko is promoted by bob arum who froid absolutely hates. it would absolutely eat him up inside to have davis get his hype crushed by losing badly to lomachenko which is what would happen right now. I see one of these things happening tmt will never make the fight or they will wait 5 years when lomachenko has aged a lot. there is a big age difference between the two.

Comment

Working...
                      X