Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Wilder Beat Fury - Will Knock Him Out in Rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a lot of respect for Hopkins, he's an ATG, but he's so biased to Americans against Brits.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      You missed the entire point. Yes, Wilder missed a lot of punches and yet still Fury didn't do shit in order to capitalize on it; Other than showboating and running out the clock.

Moreover, He didn't throw not nearly enough punches to justify winning that fight. Fury knew he lost and so does Freddie Roach. You got to take the champion's title away from him; Not just by running out the clock and not getting hit but by beating him up also and Tyson Fury didn't come close to doing that.

You don't score points by making your opponents miss. You win points by out working your opponent and beating him to the punch.
      Well it seemed to work for the judges when he did the same to Klitschko to take his belts. Yes Fury didn't go down in that one, but those 2 KD punches were the only real difference between the 2 fights and nobody thought Klitschko came close to winning. 2 knock-downs score a total of 2 extra points which is useful when a fight would otherwise be close on the cards, but Wilder lost 8-9 rounds easily.
      I'd love to think differently as believe me, I really do not enjoy watching Tyson Fury's dance and hold technique - which focuses more on making the other guy look bad than himself look good (another reason I didn't pay for the fight but waited for free highlights).
      But a un-entertaining as he is inside the ropes, he's effective at what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        You missed the entire point. Yes, Wilder missed a lot of punches and yet still Fury didn't do shit in order to capitalize on it; Other than showboating and running out the clock.

Moreover, He didn't throw not nearly enough punches to justify winning that fight. Fury knew he lost and so does Freddie Roach. You got to take the champion's title away from him; Not just by running out the clock and not getting hit but by beating him up also and Tyson Fury didn't come close to doing that.

You don't score points by making your opponents miss. You win points by out working your opponent and beating him to the punch.
        Fury did beat Wilder to the punch for the vast majority of the fight. He was landing at will at times. They often weren't hurtful punches, but still all scoring shots. He also came back and visibly wobbled Wilder immediately after both knockdowns.
        Like Roach said, if he really committed to his punches and sat down on them more, he could have stopped Wilder.
        Last edited by apollocreed; 12-12-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
          People keep talking about the two knockdowns. BS! You can't get outgunned and outworked for the whole damn fight, then "get back in the fight" with two knockdowns. Stop it.

Even though Wilder dropped Fury in the final round, I can't even call it a 10-8 round because Fury got back up and shook Wilder up a bit and fought back valiantly. So yeah, the 12th round was a 10-9 round...in favor of Wilder, NOT a 10-8 round (to me).
          yea you dksab fanboy

Comment

Hard fight to score Fury threw a lot of pity patt punches and some fans seems to be distracted by his antics in the ring. Hands behind his back dancing, sticking his tongue out etc. A draw is fine to me

Comment

I'll never score for a white boy.. 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                I am surprised that a lot of fans feel that Wilder won. Just as many thought that Fury won also. That’s why rematches are in order.
                Exactly. That's why we need a rematch to settle this ish..

Comment

biggest racist in the boxing game backing up the black fighter, tell me more LUL
                  how this mfer got slapped out of the ring by a white guy will forever shine over his mediocre career

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                    Yeah you would be glad to see a damn there 50 year old lose. But what happened when Kovalev fought two young black men f@ggot?

Got STOPPED by both pussie. Something he couldn't do to a 47 year old. It was good seeing the racicts Kovalev get his head knocked off his fuucking shoulders his last fight.

And the Smith guy got his ass tore up by Wards leftovers. Kiss the pinky ring f@ggot
                    Couldn’t have said it better!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                      Put a $1000 or more up. The rematch should be announced soon. We both should have Paypal so getting the money is not an issue. Let's lock in a bet then. Wilder wins by ko or tko.

So what's up what's you ready to put money up?
                      No. I don't bet money on sports, especially not boxing. I will bet you boxingscene e-points though.

Comment

Working...
                      X