Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Wilder Beat Fury - Will Knock Him Out in Rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Wilder Beat Fury - Will Knock Him Out in Rematch!

Former unified two division champion Bernard Hopkins strongly believes that Deontay Wilder did more than enough to retain his WBC world title earlier this month, when he fought to a controversial twelve round split draw at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Wilder was the winner one scorecard, with a tally of 115-111. Fury came up the winner on another, with a score of 114-112. And the final card came down at 113-113.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I am surprised that a lot of fans feel that Wilder won. Just as many thought that Fury won also. That’s why rematches are in order.

Comment

90% of everything that’s come out of Hopkins’ mouth since he retired has been garbage. I hate it, I used to be his biggest fan.

Comment

I think as far as "technically sound," it's Fury, Ortiz, Joshua, and then Wilder. However, as far as power goes, it's Wilder, Joshua, Ortiz, and then Fury! Can't wait until Miller and Usyk get to join the party! Pulev, Kownacki, Ajagba, Joyce, and Yoka shouldn't be too far behind too!

Comment

People keep talking about the two knockdowns. BS! You can't get outgunned and outworked for the whole damn fight, then "get back in the fight" with two knockdowns. Stop it.

Even though Wilder dropped Fury in the final round, I can't even call it a 10-8 round because Fury got back up and shook Wilder up a bit and fought back valiantly. So yeah, the 12th round was a 10-9 round...in favor of Wilder, NOT a 10-8 round (to me).

Comment

Ok. But how? He was outworked and outlanded in almost every round. The knockdowns only made the fight appear closer on the scorecards than it actually was.

Fury was rusty as hell. And with another training camp will likely only be better whereas Wilder was the same Wilder we’ve always seen, difference being is he had a taller, more mobile guy in front of him with a jab, and counter punching skills. If the plan is for Wilder to try to box smarter, that’s a sure way to a wide points loss. If he goes for the KO it gives him his best chance but with a fair set of judges, one or two knockdowns doesn’t wipe out 9-10 rounds of good work.

Comment

Gonna go out on a limb and say that Hopkins is being racist against the white fighter, while nuthugging the black one. Or maybe the numerous late-career blows to the head have rendered him ******ed. Maybe a bit of both.

Comment

picked fury to win the first time and he won! but now I'm picking wilder by KO

Comment

Based on Hopkins style, I would have assumed him to pick Fury.

Comment

A well known Racist C*nt thinks Wilder won - SHOCKER!

Comment

Working...
                    X