Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: GGG Trilogy Happens When Canelo Says, We Call The Shots!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he loses the first fight in the eyes of the populace, and gets the nod in an extremely close fight, and suddenly it's all settled.

Comment

Originally posted by 7not8 View Post
      Bro, are you not embarrassed when you click "submit reply" then see what you've actually posted?! LET IT GO!!! This has nothing to do with Floyd or Manny and everyone and their mom knows that Floyd was/is older than Manny so, unless Floyd was wine at the point they fought then he wasn't getting better with age. Sheesh!

There are boxing fans and there are Pac fans, you Sir are the latter .
      who says anything about manny?? and age dont really mean jack in boxing. you can be 20 but been in wars and be done by 25 while a guy who is 40 is still fighting.

and canelo did learnt all his tricks from floyd. he even started doing the shoulder roll. started buying cars taking pictures of it. dont get mad because the truth hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
        who says anything about manny?? and age dont really mean jack in boxing. you can be 20 but been in wars and be done by 25 while a guy who is 40 is still fighting.

and canelo did learnt all his tricks from floyd. he even started doing the shoulder roll. started buying cars taking pictures of it. dont get mad because the truth hurts.
        I stopped reading when you said "learnt"

Comment

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
          It says everything about his opposition. His best win is a MD against Golovkin.

Of the 15 fights against championship level fighters, two can be debated as gifts (Trout & Lara) by most boxing fans.

Won against Miguel Vazquez (twice), Carlos Manuel Baldomir, Lovemore N'dou, Kermit Cintron, Shane Mosley, Austin Trout, Erislandy Lara, Miguel Angel Cotto, Amir Khan, Liam Smith, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. & Gennady Golovkin.

Only three of those fighters are guaranteed to be headed to the Hall of Fame.

Facts are facts, FOTY awards go to fighters who win career defining fights against other elite fighters.

I won't hold my breath for an intelligent rebuttal.

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
          A resume so good that he's won 0 FOTY awards. Oscar hasn't even rigged a Ring FOTY award for him.
          Honestly, in your expert opinion, what fighter in any weight division has a better resume than Canelo? I'm asking seriously because I want to learn. You seem to have an extraordinarily high standard, but not sure how you developed such a standard. How many guaranteed HOFer's does a fighter need to have on his record to get some respect?
          Last edited by NachoMan; 12-12-2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Is this even a debate? Canelo won the rematch and beat GGG up "Mexican Style" to take his balls and belts. GGG has no leverage and can't get a big money payday without canelo meanwhile canelo just signed the largest guarantee contract in sports history. He's making 30+ mil to fight Rocky phuking Fielding. GGG can go back to fighting tomato cans like Vanes for 1-2M paydays. Canelo calls all the shots and gets paid with or without GGG.

Comment

Eventually Canelo is going to run out of room to maneuver. At some point Charlo, Andrade, Jacobs are inevitable. He has ten fights left on his contract after Fielding and he'll run out of punching bags to feast on eventually. DAZN will need a return on their $360M investment, and they won't make it if he fights B-level no-hopers. I suspect they will put GGG on ice for 2019, then possibly offer a rematch in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
                This dude is a clown.
                No

You Oscar haters are clowns you guys all sound like jealous ex’s.

Fucckking sad for grown men to have such jealousy towards another man but we know it’s not just that we all know a little something else has a lot to do with the HATE.

Comment

Yeah and u call the scorecards too you slimey piece of ****e....

Comment

Poor Oscar , Manny did much more damage than it seemed at the time.

Comment

I despise Fishnets de la 8ball and always will. I do LMFAO when he big boys GGG like this because it humbles the GGG fanbase by reminding them that taintedmeatelo is the draw and GGG is just the opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X