Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Shoots Down, Rejects Tyson Fury's 'Lineal Title' Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Fury that chose vodka and cocaine over defending his belts . What a champ
    And he's still the best HW in the world. What a talent.

Comment

Fury is the man that beat the man. He was also the man that stepped up to fight the man! When you watch 2 guys fight, and you call out the loser, you're not the man!

If Andre Ward called and said "We want to fight Usyk, or Joshua," even without any titles, what do you think Hearn would say? No? Eddie Hearn is FOS! He's salty because Fury is THE MAN in the UK now!

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
        Fury lineal title is more legit than AJs belt s eddie bought him, or the olympic gold medal AJ stole
        Bollocks!

AJ won his titles fair and square by beating 2 undefeated champions plus Wlad Klitschko. If anybody had a title bought for him it was Wilder ... final eliminator with Malik Scott - fresh off a KO loss to Chisora - then straight in for the title against Stiverne, one of the 3 poorest HW champs in the history of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
          Funny how all we hear is Hearn barking like a little chihuahua, and supposedly the #1 HW in the world sitting there with his Fkn Trap Shut!
          I only hear the Queen talk once a year, at Christmas. She's still the Queen though.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            You can't vacate a lineal title.....
            It's hard to vacate something that doesn't exist!

Lineage is important from a historical perspective, and for judging the merit of a champion by looking at who he beat to win his title, which is why Fury deserved a high ranking as soon as he came back.

But there really are no such things as lineal titles.

Comment

Fury lineal title is more legit than AJs belt s eddie bought him, or the olympic gold medal AJ stole
              I don't even know where to start with this but lets go with...

Tyson Fury won the 'Lineal Title' from a man who didn't beat the man who held it before.

Joshua didn't get the titles out of a cereal box. He beat the current holders to unify. It's Fury's loss and fault that he wasn't the man in the ring when Joshua won.

There may have been a fantasy based argument that Martin or Parker were babysitting Fury's titles considering how they won them but they lost them.

I don't own my old house just because I've moved to a bigger and better one. That house now belongs to someone else because I decided to move on. Fury did the same with his titles when he had them.

Comment

You can't vacate a lineal title.....
                Technically, you vacate it when you retire.

Comment

Lolx..... AJ's gold medal is still a night mare to you. Get past that and continue with your life.

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
                    Technically, you vacate it when you retire.
                    He didn't retire

Comment

He didn't retire
                      There are some that would say that he was or he made a point to create rumours of his retirement.

Considering that he voluntarily vacated when there were rumours of his doping came to light, being stripped of the IBF and then finally, the Ring removing them as their champ, he was all but retired. He battered his body, that's not really someone who has intentions of fighting again! Obviously now, we know he wasn't retired and we are all the better for it!

For me The lineage is a funny one because Fury has masterfully marketed his Lineage as being something that means that he is a Champion but it seems more of a technicality title, especially as Klitschko didn't win the lineage from Lennox.

Comment

Working...
                      X