Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Shoots Down, Rejects Tyson Fury's 'Lineal Title' Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
    Fury did retire.
    He failed a piss test.
    Pulled out of a rematch with Wlad.
    He was unable to fight for 2 years due to being 400lbs.

I understand hating Hearn and all. To be lineal champ you gotta be fighting at least once a year fighting top competition.
    Dude, apparently you DKSAB

You can't be stripped of the lineal title.

It is literally "the man who beat the man" title.

Fury didn't retire. He "retired". He was 26 years old and just didn't fight for like a year. In the meanwhile, there was nobody else who claimed the title, therefore the man who was the last man to "beat the man" remains the lineal champion.

This isn't like the WBC or something, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
      he does is talking in the ring LOL you must get paid a lot for being his cheerleader and put down those pom-poms,, you always steer away from facts,, AJ has Daddy Hearn do all this talking while he sits there like a quiet little lad
      Lol... what facts am I steering away from? The loudest in the room is not always the baddest in the room. The only fact that you should concern yourself is that if justice was served you would have been campaigning for the last 2 years on a guy that has no belt the minute he stepped up and was embarrassed by a no puncher. I were you I would keep my mouth closed. What do you have to be confident about? You are relieved Wilder still has his belt?

As I said Joshua does his talking in the ring. Is he not unified Champion? Fact . Was he not Olympic champion?. You are weird. Start focusing on facts yourself instead of what comes out a promoters mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
        You must be insinuating that AJ is the king that's why he's sitting there with his mouth shut,, this is heavyweight world championship boxing not tea-time with Fkn the queen
        He's still ranked #1 by the people who's opinion actually matter though. If I could have tea with the Queen I would, but it isn't that simple I'm afraid!

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

Fury didn't retire. He "retired". He was 26 years old and just didn't fight for like a year. In the meanwhile, there was nobody else who claimed the title, therefore the man who was the last man to "beat the man" remains the lineal champion.

Look, I agree with what you are saying, you can't relinquish the lineal title. Yes, Tyson Fury is the "Lineal Champion". FACT.

BUT the Lineage slogan/motto/whatever is 'the man that beat the man'. Tyson Fury won the Lineage from the man who didn't beat the man. Klitschko was given the Lineal title. So its not a real title when it can be given out and not earned.

Comment

Whether Fury is the lineal champ can be up for debate. What can't be debated is that he has the best claim to it right now.

Fighting Joshua (1v2) makes it an undisputed claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
              Whether Fury is the lineal champ can be up for debate. What can't be debated is that he has the best claim to it right now.

Fighting Joshua (1v2) makes it an undisputed claim.
              No it doesn't. Because there is nothing "undisputed" about it. You either beat Fury or he retires for good. That's it. "Undisputed" is owning all the beats like Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis did. "Lineal" is beating the lineal champion like Ali-LeonSpinks-Ali-Holmes-MichaelSpinks-Tyson-Douglas-Holyfield-Bowe-Holyfield-Moorer-Foreman-Briggs-Lewis-Rahman-Lewis did.

Lennox Lewis was lineal champion TWICE before beating Holyfield to become undisputed. Klitschko started a new line after Lewis retired, beating #2 Povetkin. Fury beat Klitschko...

Simple.
              Last edited by davefromvancouv; 12-14-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Yes it does, for exactly the reasons you've given.

Fury v Joshua (1 v 2) gives us a lineal champ and takes any debate regarding Fury's "retirement" out of the equation.

Just as you believe Klitschko v Povetkin did, which took any doubt about Klitschko winning it against Chagaev out of the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

YDKSAB. There's no rule saying they can't be stripped. Fury did technically retire and was also banned for PEDs. All the sites that track lineal don't have Fury as lineal champ.

Comment

whats going on with this guy hearn????

Comment

• fury is the lineal champ why is this even a debate?

Comment

Working...
                      X