Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Shoots Down, Rejects Tyson Fury's 'Lineal Title' Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
    But even if Fury didn't have the title they're No.1 & 2 so wouldn't it just start a new line and Hearn would be correct either way?

Lineal and the belts don't matter too much in regards to who's the best as they've just got to fight eachother now.
    To be lineal when the line is broken you have to become undisputed. Wlad was the best heavyweight at the time but he never completely unified the titles. Fury is the best heavyweight on the planet but he's not lineal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
      Fury claims the lineal title dates back to John L.Sullivan, however this is piffle as the lineage ended when Gene Tunney retired in 1928, then again when Rocky Marciano retired in 1955 & lastly when Lennox Lewis bowed out!
      You missed one - the one that is most relevant.

Joe Louis. Retired in '49 as champ.

He came back out of retirement and lost to Marciano. But by that time a new line had started.

Was Marciano suddenly lineal?

Ultimately it didn't matter as Marciano beat Walcott also.

I think that's where we are now, except it's still vacant rather than sitting with Joshua. You can't start it from his Parker fight.

Fury needs to beat Joshua, or the others need to beat Fury and win a 1vs2 fight (which could be the same fight).

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpster Juice View Post
        To be lineal when the line is broken you have to become undisputed. Wlad was the best heavyweight at the time but he never completely unified the titles. Fury is the best heavyweight on the planet but he's not lineal.
        Disagree. I think you just have to be universally accepted as the best.

No-one doubted Wlad was the best did they? He just didn't fight his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          Disagree. I think you just have to be universally accepted as the best.

No-one doubted Wlad was the best did they? He just didn't fight his brother.
          That's because you're a casual. You have to leave no doubt. Hence undisputed.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
            Funny how all we hear is Hearn barking like a little chihuahua, and supposedly the #1 HW in the world sitting there with his Fkn Trap Shut!
            He does his talking in the ring not by creating an alter ego and blaming him when he says some stupid s#hit. For example I want a body on my record. When Wilder was questioned on his words he blamed the Bronze bomber. That’s some funny s#hit there you Americans are creative

Comment

Really? Some how Mikey got it against Lipinets at 140. Wasn't it Wlad vs Chagaev when that lineage came into play as well? I might be wrong but that wasn't for WBA or WBC, so Fury would never have been lineal if what you say is true.

Edit: I just re-read your post and get thats what you're saying.
              Last edited by Jax teller; 12-11-2018, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                Really? Some how Mikey got it against Lipinets at 140.
                Ick. Another know nothing casual. The only person I've ever heard call Mikey lineal at 140 is you.

Comment

joshua is nothing more than a paper chump never fought a real champion and never will

Comment

That's because you're a casual. You have to leave no doubt. Hence undisputed.
                    With some of the **** champions these belts have had over the years, you can leave no doubt without holding all the belts.

Even a dickhead like you should understand that.

Comment

Ick. Another know nothing casual. The only person I've ever heard call Mikey lineal at 140 is you.
                      No need to get butthurt about it just saying what I've seen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...orld_champions

Comment

Working...
                      X