Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Shoots Down, Rejects Tyson Fury's 'Lineal Title' Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearn and some of the dopes on NSB simply want Joshua crowned as the best and undisputed without him actually fighting Fury or Wilder. Hearn knows this and plays them like a fiddle. Joshua is acting like a British champ who happens to hold a few world champ titles. And some of the Brits on this thread are okay with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
      We have all Ben through this but coming back after retirement to struggle past two really poor comebacks doesn’t warrant lineal status in my opinion.

Having said that, following his win over wilder I am more inclined to consider it than prior to the fight.
      Poor comebacks? He toyed with them. Paid sparring.

Comment

Put AJ in with Fury and let’s see if Fury won’t get his belts back!

I would put some money that he gives AJ a proper schooling mixed in with some pasting in there!

Comment

Hearn is starting to act like the true little spoilt ***** that he is. He clearly can't handle the competition Tyson Fury and Frank Warren are throwing at him.

Comment

Eddie is really throwing a fit like a spoiled brat.

Very enjoyable to watch.

Comment

Hearn is making Joshua look like a p ussy and every time he tries to talk down the wilder fury fight he sounds foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
                The problem is the sources don't have Tyson Fury as Lineal Champion, they have him 2015-2016 retired and this is creating controversial issue in this specific topic. I am not surprised If the winner of the Wilder vs Fury 2 is going to get that status or they are going to give Tyson Fury that Lineal Champion Status to sell the rematch
                Who are "they"? Ring magazine? If so, it won't be until the top two fight (Fury/Joshua). As an outside chance it could extend to third but that will still need to include Joshua.

If we're talking Lineal then no-one gets to choose that. That's us - and we're entitled to have different opinions.

My opinion is that the sport doesn't stop when you retire. So Lineal was vacant. When someone establishes an undisputed claim to it then the line starts again.

Joshua and Wilder have been one and two for that vacant period and didn't fight. Neither established their claim before Fury returned to the ring.

He's Lineal, or it's vacant. It shouldn't matter... as long as the fights get made.

The fact that we need those fights made to clarify it should tell you that if Fury is Lineal then the title is worthless.

Comment

Ok Hearn so if Joshua did fight Fury and win you wouldn't be saying that AJ is the Linesl Heavyweight champion.
                  GTFOH.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                    Exactly, he's the lineal champ until somebody beats him or he retires and the 1 & 2 best fighters in the division fight each other.

You don't have to "warrant" it. He beat Klitschko, who was the lineal champ, making him the lineal champ and he will be that until he retires for good or somebody beats him.
                    You answered your own question. He retired then came back

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                      Who are "they"? Ring magazine? If so, it won't be until the top two fight (Fury/Joshua). As an outside chance it could extend to third but that will still need to include Joshua.

If we're talking Lineal then no-one gets to choose that. That's us - and we're entitled to have different opinions.

My opinion is that the sport doesn't stop when you retire. So Lineal was vacant. When someone establishes an undisputed claim to it then the line starts again.

Joshua and Wilder have been one and two for that vacant period and didn't fight. Neither established their claim before Fury returned to the ring.

He's Lineal, or it's vacant. It shouldn't matter... as long as the fights get made.

The fact that we need those fights made to clarify it should tell you that if Fury is Lineal then the title is worthless.
                      These sources:

http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/achamp.htm

https://www.revolvy.com/page/List-of...orld-champions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...orld_champions

I recently found this source that put Tyson Fury Lineal Champion 2015-present:

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018/12/10/lineal-heavyweight-championship-history/

In my opinion, Tyson Fury is still the Lineal Champion don't get me wrong. I am only pointing about this controversial issue, because they are arguing about this in topic in the media. Lennox Lewis still recognize Tyson Fury as a Lineal Champion:

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/who-...ight-champion/
                      Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 12-11-2018, 02:09 AM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Working...
                      X