Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Has 2-3 Years Left, I'd Like 5 or 6 Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    come on man, you laughed..... like everybody else did

send me my greenK..... like everybody else did

but on a serious note.....

Broner is the youngest 4-division champ in history baby

how many divisions did Mr " anyone from 154-168 " win titles?

Broner has some good wins..... but Mr " anyone from 154-168 " barely scraped past Danny Jacobs..... has a good win over Murray..... and he beat Lemieux, who Saunders undressed like a $5 hooker

hmmm, now I wonder if Broner can beat a Lemieux-level opponent in his own division?..... and I wonder if Broner can beat a Murray-level opponent in his own division

if not for his losses, I would be posting you gif's of Broner's dad brushing his hair right about now

regarding the jab issue, pitty-pat or not..... I am sure you understand the point I was making

landing more of something that can technically be described as a punch, is not how you score a professional boxing match..... that is not even how you score an amateur boxing match

who won the exchanges and who controlled the fight is much more relevant

Canelo did just that, and he clean-sweeped the official scoring criteria..... which is why you have not answered my simple (amended) question

chill, I am just messing with yous
    I think de la Hoya is the youngest 4 division champ ever. Broner is no doubt the weakest member of that fraternity tho.

If you look at the canelo ggg fight in the context of boxer(ggg) vs pressure fighter(canelo), ring generalship, defense, and effective aggression are actually fairly close. canelo gets the edge in clean power shots, but jabs aren’t nothing. We get caught up in the context of who was supposed to do what, which has no place in scoring objectively. It was a good close fight...I have no issue with canelo getting the nod. Ggg looked every bit his age in there, I think canelo could have fought a more disciplined fight and won decisively without taking as much punishment. He’s far better as a measured boxer than a pressure fighter imo.

Comment

pretty sure that you are ducking the same question today, that you ducked yesterday.....

the official scoring criteria are.....

* clean hard punching
      * effective aggression
      * ring generalship
      * defence

1) which of those scoring criteria covers pitty-pat jabs ?

2) which of those scoring criteria did Golovkin win ?
      Hmm my answer is yeah it's an illegal punch. So out of that sequence the only guy that landed a scoring blow was Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
        I think de la Hoya is the youngest 4 division champ ever. Broner is no doubt the weakest member of that fraternity tho.

If you look at the canelo ggg fight in the context of boxer(ggg) vs pressure fighter(canelo), ring generalship, defense, and effective aggression are actually fairly close. canelo gets the edge in clean power shots, but jabs aren’t nothing. We get caught up in the context of who was supposed to do what, which has no place in scoring objectively. It was a good close fight...I have no issue with canelo getting the nod. Ggg looked every bit his age in there, I think canelo could have fought a more disciplined fight and won decisively without taking as much punishment. He’s far better as a measured boxer than a pressure fighter imo.

fair call, good post

regarding this.....

"We get caught up in the context of who was supposed to do what, which has no place in scoring objectively"

I only agree to a point

the fact is..... one of those guys fought the fight he wanted, and the other guy did not

the other guy strayed from his game-plan and could not follow the instructions from his corner

if isolated, I fully agree with you..... but in the context of that fight, it was telling

I also agree with you about Canelo's game-plan.....

while not wanting to complain about Canelo's aggressive approach, he should have boxed more..... a gameplan somewhere inbetween the way he fought in the first fight, and his approach to the rematch, would have been better imo

he should have boxed more, but followed up his counters with tailored combinations that he thought worked well in the first fight..... they should have had a tighter more-disciplined more-clinical approach

yea, I was kidding about Broner

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Hmm my answer is yeah it's an illegal punch. So out of that sequence the only guy that landed a scoring blow was Golovkin.

you have TWO problems.....

1) that punch was on the belt..... so, no it was not illegal

even if it had landed slightly lower, it is highly unlikely that Canelo would have been called for it as Golovkin was shuffling backward as it landed

2) you actually think Golovkin landed a scoring shot in that sequence

nothing like that pushed pitty-pat jab should ever be scored in a professional boxing match..... NO, I am not dismissing jabs..... but not only did that punch not land, it did not set anything up, it was not a range-finder..... it was simply pointless

the fact that you refer to..... whatever that was..... as a scoring shot..... is your WHOLE problem

like we discussed in the last breadbag..... you guys don't know how to score a fight, like breadman said

Comment

fair call, good post

regarding this.....

"We get caught up in the context of who was supposed to do what, which has no place in scoring objectively"

I only agree to a point

the fact is..... one of those guys fought the fight he wanted, and the other guy did not

the other guy strayed from his game-plan and could not follow the instructions from his corner

if isolated, I fully agree with you..... but in the context of that fight, it was telling

I also agree with you about Canelo's game-plan.....

while not wanting to complain about Canelo's aggressive approach, he should have boxed more..... a gameplan somewhere inbetween the way he fought in the first fight, and his approach to the rematch, would have been better imo

he should have boxed more, but followed up his counters with tailored combinations that he thought worked well in the first fight..... they should have had a tighter more-disciplined more-clinical approach

yea, I was kidding about Broner
            Canelo forced ggg to adapt in order to land his shots, and he did it quite well all things considered. Ggg is not an inside fighter, in order to maintain the long-mid range he prefers, he had to use movement to do it. If canelo has pushed ggg to the ropes and took it to him, then I’d agree that ggg wasn’t where he wanted to be, but in reality his back never touched the ropes and he basically circled and boxed at the range he’s comfortable. His best case would have been to have canelo moving back or being stationary at arms length, but canelo was committed to pushing ggg back...and was really only half way successful at doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
              Canelo forced ggg to adapt in order to land his shots, and he did it quite well all things considered. Ggg is not an inside fighter, in order to maintain the long-mid range he prefers, he had to use movement to do it. If canelo has pushed ggg to the ropes and took it to him, then I’d agree that ggg wasn’t where he wanted to be, but in reality his back never touched the ropes and he basically circled and boxed at the range he’s comfortable. His best case would have been to have canelo moving back or being stationary at arms length, but canelo was committed to pushing ggg back...and was really only half way successful at doing it.

I agree with that wording much more than in your last post

whilst it is correct that Golovkin did adapt, he was FORCED to..... it could even be correct to say that he was "limited" to, the style he ended up fighting

but, whilst Golovkin did well, the ring generalship points go to Canelo..... for FORCING Golovkin off his gameplan, and for limiting his options..... to the extent that he could not follow his corners instructions

that is what I meant earlier when I said that I agree with you, but only to a point..... and that it was telling in that fight

I am not going to go to the extreme of saying Golovkin only boxed to survive, but he was limited by Canelo, and largely controlled by Canelo

very difficult to rank Golovkin's ring generalship over Canelo's in the context of that fight

Comment

you have TWO problems.....

1) that punch was on the belt..... so, no it was not illegal

even if it had landed slightly lower, it is highly unlikely that Canelo would have been called for it as Golovkin was shuffling backward as it landed

2) you actually think Golovkin landed a scoring shot in that sequence

nothing like that pushed pitty-pat jab should ever be scored in a professional boxing match..... NO, I am not dismissing jabs..... but not only did that punch not land, it did not set anything up, it was not a range-finder..... it was simply pointless

the fact that you refer to..... whatever that was..... as a scoring shot..... is your WHOLE problem

like we discussed in the last breadbag..... you guys don't know how to score a fight, like breadman said
                Yes Golovkin's jab landed and Canelo's punch was low and on the hip. Nice try again of avoiding the topic and trying to deflect, your usual tactic.

Comment

whilst it is correct that Golovkin did adapt, he was FORCED to..... it could even be correct to say that he was "limited" to, the style he ended up fighting

but, whilst Golovkin did well, the ring generalship points go to Canelo..... for FORCING Golovkin off his gameplan, and for limiting his options..... to the extent that he could not follow his corners instructions

that is what I meant earlier when I said that I agree with you, but only to a point..... and that it was telling in that fight

I am not going to go to the extreme of saying Golovkin only boxed to survive, but he was limited by Canelo, and largely controlled by Canelo

very difficult to rank Golovkin's ring generalship over Canelo's in the context of that fight
                  The only problem is reverting back to “he was supposed to fight this way” argument. Like I said, if canelo got his way out of what he was doing, then fine...but he was reckless, got outboxed/got the worst of exchanges for portions of the fight. Not to mention, he was never able to trap ggg on the ropes and also ended up getting backed up himself later in the fight. Just cuz a guy adapts his style to exploit his opponent or to keep from smothering his own shots, doesn’t mean he automatically loses the battle of ring generalship. If ggg didn’t look so sloppy and we weren’t so used to seeing his opponents backing away from him, the optics would be different. Objectively, he boxed pretty well.

Comment

• You mean 5-6 bums to pad his resume?

No thanks.

Comment

So how did Canelo force Golovkin out of his game plan? It was blindingly obvious to anyone with some basic boxing knowledge after the first few rounds that he was going to box Canelo in this fight. He committed to that despite pressure from his corner. He stuck to his jab moved back when he had to circled and never ceeded the center of the ring dispite Canelo's best efforts to push Golovkin back to the ropes or hurt him badly. Yeah Canelo forced Golovkin to land twice as many jabs and land more punches in the majority of the rounds. Like I predicted before the fight that Canelo could outspeed Golovkin but he can't outbox him. The judges got it wrong. Russ Anber in an interview summed it up accurately. Golovkin won but Sanchez talking smack non stop before the fight worked against Golovkin with the judges.

Comment

Working...
                      X