Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Has 2-3 Years Left, I'd Like 5 or 6 Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Has 2-3 Years Left, I'd Like 5 or 6 Fights

Former WBC, WBA, IBO middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin (38-1-1, 34 KOs) is likely going to make a big career decision before the year is over. Currently, Golovkin is the biggest network free agent on the market. In the last few weeks, he's held meetings with Premier Boxing Champions, DAZN and ESPN - who are all very interested in signing him up.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think GGG needs to move up to 168 to re-set and set his sights on getting a belt of Smith.
    I can't see him having 5-6 fights left in him unless he completely forgets about Csnelo and 160

Comment

I would like to know why, from the opening bell he retreated from Canelo in 2nd fight? Esp., after calling out Canelo for not previously staying in the pocket.

Did Canelo all of a sudden get much stronger? Did GGG lose his punch resistance or reflexes?

GGG came on in the last few rds, and may have eked out a draw, not afforded to him. But he retreated for the first few rds? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
        I would like to know why, from the opening bell he retreated from Canelo in 2nd fight? Esp., after calling out Canelo for not previously staying in the pocket.

Did Canelo all of a sudden get much stronger? Did GGG lose his punch resistance or reflexes?

GGG came on in the last few rds, and may have eked out a draw, not afforded to him. But he retreated for the first few rds? Why?
        I think he knew while Canelo was fresh he was beating him to the punch almost everytime.
        Plus them punches from Nelo certainly looked like they could do alot of damage.
        GGG had to wait till Nelo slowed down abit for him to start doing any damage.
        I don't think GGG can beat Csnelo now and GGG probably knows this.

Comment

I smell a KO loss if GGG goes beyond more than 3-4 fights against top competition

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post

Canelo is just better. Not by a LOT, but hes better.

When people say bbbbut, GGG won fight #1. He didn't - it was a draw. Of the 1 judge that had it for GGG it was 115-113...getting a draw from 7-5 is not outrageous.

Personally I had it 7-5 or 8-4 in fight 1 and 7-5 in fight 2 (Canelo fought too much like Gennady wanted in 2nd fight and took more punches).

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              I think he knew while Canelo was fresh he was beating him to the punch almost everytime.
              Plus them punches from Nelo certainly looked like they could do alot of damage.
              GGG had to wait till Nelo slowed down abit for him to start doing any damage.
              I don't think GGG can beat Csnelo now and GGG probably knows this.
              Thanks.
              But again what was different from the first fight which I and most had GGG by several rds, and where Canelo wouldn't stay in the pocket from the first rd.This time they switched and GGG wouldn't stay from the getgo..

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                Canelo is just better. Not by a LOT, but hes better.

When people say bbbbut, GGG won fight #1. He didn't - it was a draw. Of the 1 judge that had it for GGG it was 115-113...getting a draw from 7-5 is not outrageous.

Personally I had it 7-5 or 8-4 in fight 1 and 7-5 in fight 2 (Canelo fought too much like Gennady wanted in 2nd fight and took more punches).
                Sorry but I had GGG by 3 rds in the first fight, and I think that was a "gift" to be diplomatic. Second fight was a tossup. Canelo clearly winning the first few rds,with GGG coming on later and Canelo gassing.
                So for me first was a clear GGG win, 2nd was a draw.
                GGG cannot win in LV, maybe USA.

But he may also be near done, like Kovalev now.

Comment

Good luck to GGG. I don't see any big fights on the horizon unless he can get Saunders or Charlo. Don't see those happening soon.

Brant? Ramirez at 168?

Comment

Besides maybe Canelo again, he should fight Charlo and/ or Callum Smith.

Comment

Working...
                    X