Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Don't Think Mikey Garcia Can Beat Errol Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    The division is dead.

Mikey is not around, Loma doesn't really belong at 135.

I can find at least 10 lightweights I think are better than Linares if I cared enough to do the research. Belts and rankings don't tell me anything, unless I agree with them. I make up my own mind.

I'd pick even Beltran or Easter to beat him. I've been watching Linares since the get. He ain't it. Davis would put him in a hospital.

What's Linares' best win? Crolla?
    Who would be your pick if Tank fought Devin Haney @ 135 in 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Who would be your pick if Tank fought Devin Haney @ 135 in 2019?
      I'm actually interested in your opinions about Davis vs whomever. He's my favorite fighter and I have my bias. I'd rather other people judge.

So, what do you think vs Haney?
      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-08-2018, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        I dont know??? He starts a lil slow??? But I dont see anything I can use for a fight plan??? Hes gonna have to box his ass òff like Fury did. And might take a few knockdowns.
        I don't see much either.
        Didn't his own brother advise against it?

Comment

Why is Crawford a legit threat to Spence Jr., but Mikey is not? Mikey beat Broner and Lipinets @ 140, and Crawford beat Postol and Indongo @ 140! I call that even! Neither Mikey, nor Crawford, have proven anything @ 147, but they're both P4P Champions, and both former Jr. WW Champions in 2017, so why is one seen as legit, but the other is "not thinking right?"
          I agree with you on Mikey and Crawford both being skilled fighters. I think Crawford is the bigger, more skilled, more versatile guy compared to Mikey. My concern is more about the size difference. Spence could easily fight at 160. He's a huge welter.

Wasn't putting down Mikey. Mikey is a little more skilled than Spence but not sure if it is enough to overcome what he's facing in Spence.

Comment

Davis makes up his own mind. Screw Floyd. You say Davis beat nobodies. Will you consider Pedraza a nobody if Loma beats him tonight? What IF Pedraza beats Loma? Would that make Loma a bum?

Davis is a two-time world champ at 23. Don't you worry, Davis and Loma will meet soon, maybe 2020. It'll happen.
            Davis himself does not want Lomachenko. I've not seen one article, thread, interview that would state the contrary. The fight would have to be at 135 and would even be in his favor since hes big for 130lbs.

And not really screw floyd. As of now I'm still pretty sure tank fights for floyd and floyd chooses who he fights and who he doesn't.

Understand two things. One, this is boxing and ANYTHING can happen, and two, that I already think Pedraza is a nobody. Hes a good fighter but hes not the creme of the crop kind of fighter.

I'm thinking lomachenko retires Pedraza in round 8 and not KO, I mean Pedraza quits.

Also. Being a world champion in todays age doesnt mean much. Yeah it's an accomplishment but lots of vacant championships available and not all champions are equal.

Look st Commey who was Mikeys mandatory. Do you really think he deserves to be a champion? Hes more or less just holding onto the belt for Lomachenko.

And a loss doesnt end your career and everyone loses. That's reality. The only people who are "perfect" like floyd sell you that BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
              Davis himself does not want Lomachenko. I've not seen one article, thread, interview that would state the contrary. The fight would have to be at 135 and would even be in his favor since hes big for 130lbs.

And not really screw floyd. As of now I'm still pretty sure tank fights for floyd and floyd chooses who he fights and who he doesn't.

Understand two things. One, this is boxing and ANYTHING can happen, and two, that I already think Pedraza is a nobody. Hes a good fighter but hes not the creme of the crop kind of fighter.

I'm thinking lomachenko retires Pedraza in round 8 and not KO, I mean Pedraza quits.

Also. Being a world champion in todays age doesnt mean much. Yeah it's an accomplishment but lots of vacant championships available and not all champions are equal.

Look st Commey who was Mikeys mandatory. Do you really think he deserves to be a champion? Hes more or less just holding onto the belt for Lomachenko.

And a loss doesnt end your career and everyone loses. That's reality. The only people who are "perfect" like floyd sell you that BS.
              That's why I don't give a **** about belts but that's what most people can relate to. About belts, I agree with you. That would apply to all of them then. If Loma wins, that title is BS, since Pedraza is a nobody and so is Linares. Basically, both Loma's belts at 135 would be BS.

You reminded me of GGG talking about winning vacant belts or being gifted some, not to mention fighting bum after bum all his career, until he met Brook, Jacobs, and Canelo.
              Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-08-2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Lomachenko is right

Comment

I'm actually interested in your opinions about Davis vs whomever. He's my favorite fighter and I have my bias. I'd rather other people judge.

So, what do you think vs Haney?
                  I think it will be a great test for both of them! I haven't seen Tank fight a guy with movement like Haney. I was hoping to see Tank vs. Farmer, but you know how that go! I would love to see this fight...soon!

Comment

I think it will be a great test for both of them! I haven't seen Tank fight a guy with movement like Haney. I was hoping to see Tank vs. Farmer, but you know how that go! I would love to see this fight...soon!
                    I know you like Haney. He's a good fighter. Do you think he can beat Davis? I honestly want to see Davis vs anyone at 130 or 135.

By the way, what's your take on Loma-Pedraza? Do you know when it will start?

Comment

That's why I don't give a **** about belts but that's what most people can relate too. About belts, I agree with you. That would apply to all of them then. If Loma wins, that title is BS, since Pedraza is a nobody and so is Linares. Basically, both Loma's belts at 135 would be BS.

You reminded me of GGG talking about winning vacant belts or being gifted some, not to mention fighting bum after bum all his career, until he met Brook, Jacobs, and Canelo.
                      The problem with your thinking is you dont have an in between. Lomachenkos resume is good because while he doesnt have any great wins, some of his wins are solid wins, including Linares. Boxers like Walter's, rigo, linares are better wins than let's say Sosa, etc.

And to top them off he won solid and dominated his past couple opponents. Even the liked of floyd or canelo or even GGG couldnt do what Lomachenko has done. Knocking out a top 10 guy in your division is tough, making them quit is even tougher.

When GGG met Brooks, Jacob's and canelo he did much better than what just looking strictly at his resume would have assumed. A Canelo in his prime was gifted a decision against GGG in his twilight years.

That's not impressive considering how people here rate boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X