Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Don't Think Mikey Garcia Can Beat Errol Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Loma was very respectful, and I respect that! His promoter was disrespectful, and that's why Loma will probably never get to face Mikey! As for Mikey facing Spence Jr., Mikey is a businessman, and he knows this fight will be huge @ AT&T! Sometimes you take big risks to get big rewards! I think Loma's father made a big mistake passing on Pacquiao @ 140! That fight might have been the biggest fight of Loma's entire career! Loma and Teofimo Lopez will be a good fight, and i'm looking forward to it, but it will never be as big as a Pacquiao fight! "Scared money don't make money!"
    Pac will never make 140 healthy at 40, at all. All that inactivity and setbacks take a toll on the body and spirit. Maybe 145?

If Pac is still even a 50% of what he used to be, at 140 or 145, he'd put Loma in a coma. It's not that Loma isn't good, he is, it's just that the weight is too much against a strong terminator like the Pacman.

I'm not sure how great Loma would look at 135 going forward. The guy is just too tiny. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Str8 Right View Post
      Pedraza his biggest win? Walters, Martinez, and even small Rigondeux are better wins.
      Walters is a one hit wonder, Donaire. Martinez is a bum. Rigo is too small, old, boring, still amateurish (ask Loma). I like Russell, but that win is nothing to brag about. Rigo is unbearable to watch as well. So, what I'm saying is, I don't put none of the guys you mentioned on a pedestal.

This is without mentioning the other criticisms made against Loma's best wins.
      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-08-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        Spoken like a champ and I agree with him. Mikey isn't thinking right.

Loma also doesn't think Pedraza would be a walk in the park. Pedraza would be his best win if he won this match up. Linares is a bum, and I don't use that word lightly.

War Loma!

Quit selling Loma short like that. If Linares is a bum why is he fighting a dude that got demolished by Tank?

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
          Quit selling Loma short like that. If Linares is a bum why is he fighting a dude that got demolished by Tank?
          Go watch Linares getting KOed 3 separate times by complete bums. What's Linares' best win?

Davis is that good! Let's see what Loma does to Pedraza.

Comment

Pac will never make 140 healthy at 40, at all. All that inactivity and setbacks take a toll on the body and spirit. Maybe 145?

If Pac is still even a 50% of what he used to be, at 140 or 145, he'd put Loma in a coma. It's not that Loma isn't good, he is, it's just that the weight is too much against a strong terminator like the Pacman.

I'm not sure how great Loma would look at 135 going forward. The guy is just too tiny. We'll see.
            That's exactly why I thought the fight was worth the risk! Pac would be bigger, but would he able to make weight and beat an elite Lomachenko? I doubt it, but I would've paid to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              That's exactly why I thought the fight was worth the risk! Pac would be bigger, but would he able to make weight and beat an elite Lomachenko? I doubt it, but I would've paid to see it!
              Pac is comfortable at 147. Wouldn't be too surprised if 154 is even more comfortable for him at his age. I've no doubt he'd be happy to fight there.

Pac's calves weight almost as much as Loma. This fight never made sense to me.

Comment

Go watch Linares getting KOed 3 separate times by complete bums. What's Linares' best win?

Davis is that good! Let's see what Loma does to Pedraza.
                Name the fighters better than Linares at 135 right now.

Linares is arguably the #1 or #2 at 135. There is no one better. So I dont get the point of trying to downplay how good he is NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
                  Name the fighters better than Linares at 135 right now.

Linares is arguably the #1 or #2 at 135. There is no one better. So I dont get the point of trying to downplay how good he is NOW.
                  The division is dead.

Mikey is not around, Loma doesn't really belong at 135.

I can find at least 10 lightweights I think are better than Linares if I cared enough to do the research. Belts and rankings don't tell me anything, unless I agree with them. I make up my own mind.

I'd pick even Beltran or Easter to beat him. I've been watching Linares since the get. He ain't it. Davis would put him in a hospital.

What's Linares' best win? Crolla?
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-08-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

The division is dead.

Mikey is not around, Loma doesn't really belong at 135.

I can find at least 10 lightweights I think are better than Linares if I cared enough to do the research. Belts and rankings don't tell me anything, unless I agree with them. I make up my own mind.

I'd pick even Beltran or Easter to beat him. I've been watching Linares since the get. He ain't it. Davis would put him in a hospital.
                    You have to base his wins off of best available competition.

Lomachneko moved up because nobody wanted him at 126 or 130. And Davis? He could put linares in a hospital but I doubt it. Davis has beat nobodies and Floyd ain't letting him no where near loma anytime soon. That should speak volumes to you

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
                      You have to base his wins off of best available competition.

Lomachneko moved up because nobody wanted him at 126 or 130. And Davis? He could put linares in a hospital but I doubt it. Davis has beat nobodies and Floyd ain't letting him no where near loma anytime soon. That should speak volumes to you
                      Davis makes up his own mind. Screw Floyd. You say Davis beat nobodies. Will you consider Pedraza a nobody if Loma beats him tonight? What IF Pedraza beats Loma? Would that make Loma a bum?

Davis is a two-time world champ at 23. Don't you worry, Davis and Loma will meet soon, maybe 2020. It'll happen.
                      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-08-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X