No announcement yet.

"i wait" - lomachenko tells mikey garcia even if he loses to errol spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    i agree that we'd have to wait to see how spence/mikey unfolds...i obviously think spence wins...but what type of fashion is yet to be determined....

id suspect though ur probably right in that if mikey gets stopped he prob takes a tuneup before loma....that would just be stupid to not take a lighter touch between those two guys
    I think he's going to get stopped or at best beaten up badly down the stretch/retire on his stool. He may be "in it" for 3-4 rounds but then once Spence gets the measure he'll walk him down and beat him up.

I think Mikey will then just either try and grab a quick title or defend his WBC belt once and retire. I think this will be his last year as a prizefighter at least for now.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      I think he's going to get stopped or at best beaten up badly down the stretch/retire on his stool. He may be "in it" for 3-4 rounds but then once Spence gets the measure he'll walk him down and beat him up.

I think Mikey will then just either try and grab a quick title or defend his WBC belt once and retire. I think this will be his last year as a prizefighter at least for now.
      i agree on how you see spence/mikey unfolding...i feel the same way

Comment

i honestly felt like brook wasnt even hurt by golovkin....i know they said he had some bad eye injury...but the way brook responded when he realized the towel was waved was that of shock and he seemed a bit pissy about it....i never really looked in the eye injury thing but i almost suspected it seemed kinda fishy and fake....i didnt see him get battered and he seemed suprised by the stoppage

but many insisted otherwise

i guess we would have to see how spence/mikey unfolds first before we can make a full call on what mikey/loma is/will be
        It's a tough call... like I say sometimes that first L can really ruin a fighter, and it's also exceptionally rare for a fighter to go up and back down successfully. If Mikey does lose to Spence as most expect a lot of it may depend on how he loses... if he somehow manages to hold it to a close decision I think most would say his stock would have risen and in fact he'd likely go into the Lomachenko fight a favourite... if he ended up - god forbid - like Brook with a broken face or worse brutally knocked out, I'd guess a lot of folk would say it would taint any future Lomachenko victory (and I'd tend to agree)..

As to Brook being damaged against Golovkin, well that's your call to make, man, all any reasonable person can ask of you is that you apply the same standards to all situations... or try to at least. None of us are without bias but we do have the ability to at least try to mitigate it.

Comment

Yeah Mikey was tripping on the size difference. He said he didn't think he was that big until the face off. Him and Robert were laughing about it.

Comment

i honestly felt like brook wasnt even hurt by golovkin....i know they said he had some bad eye injury...but the way brook responded when he realized the towel was waved was that of shock and he seemed a bit pissy about it....i never really looked in the eye injury thing but i almost suspected it seemed kinda fishy and fake....i didnt see him get battered and he seemed suprised by the stoppage

but many insisted otherwise

i guess we would have to see how spence/mikey unfolds first before we can make a full call on what mikey/loma is/will be
            you are serious?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              you are serious?
              Haters everywhere.

Comment

Working...
              X