"i wait" - lomachenko tells mikey garcia even if he loses to errol spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "i wait" - lomachenko tells mikey garcia even if he loses to errol spence

so lets say spence stops mikey

and then mikey has to go down to 135 and fight loma?

do we give loma credit for beating mikey?

i mean....to me thats similar to brook fighting lil g....and when spence beat brook after they called him damaged goods...."Oh lil g ruined him blah blah all hail the ATG lil g he beat a WW...brook will never fight at WW again after this anyway he sooooo big"....LOL

Comment

How romantic, Lomaputo saving his cherry for Mikey to pop when the time is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

i mean....to me thats similar to brook fighting lil g....and when spence beat brook after they called him damaged goods...."Oh lil g ruined him blah blah all hail the ATG lil g he beat a WW...brook will never fight at WW again after this anyway he sooooo big"....LOL
        Here we go, so who do you want him to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          Here we go, so who do you want him to fight?
          nah im fine with him fighting mikey after spence beats him

im just asking a question that i think is fair...if spence stops mikey and breaks him down is that much different than what people claimed after lil g stopped brook then spence fought him?

i like loma...but i think that situation would be almost identical...and people trashed spence "oh brook was already ruined by golovkin" and golovkin fans swore before the brook/golovkin fight that brook wouldnt fight at WW again because he was so big.....i think its a fair scenario/question to ask

Comment

nah im fine with him fighting mikey after spence beats him

im just asking a question that i think is fair...if spence stops mikey and breaks him down is that much different than what people claimed after lil g stopped brook then spence fought him?

i like loma...but i think that situation would be almost identical...and people trashed spence "oh brook was already ruined by golovkin" and golovkin fans swore before the brook/golovkin fight that brook wouldnt fight at WW again because he was so big.....i think its a fair scenario/question to ask
            I thought Mikey had a chance against Spence but after the face off I don't think he has even a small chance but I respect him for trying.

Comment

Yeah. It's problematic that one - and it is a legitimate argument same as it was with Brook vs Spence. One of the reasons a lot of folk would much prefer he had fought Loma first. Sometimes a fighter is never the same after that first L or sometimes they grow from it - you never can tell. Only way to know for sure is what they go on to do afterwards.

Problem you got though is if you use the same arguments as the guys you've been criticising what does it say about you? What did you say about Spence vs Brook? Apply the same reasoning you did there and at least no one can accuse you of hypocrisy.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-06-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Yeah. It's problematic that one - and it is a legitimate argument same as it was with Brook vs Spence. Sometimes a fighter is never the same after that first L or sometimes they grow from it - you never can tell. Only way to know for sure is what they go on to do afterwards.

Problem you got though is if you use the same arguments as the guys you've been criticising what does it say about you? What did you say about Spence vs Brook? Apply the same reasoning you did there and at least no one can accuse you of hypocrisy.
                i honestly felt like brook wasnt even hurt by golovkin....i know they said he had some bad eye injury...but the way brook responded when he realized the towel was waved was that of shock and he seemed a bit pissy about it....i never really looked in the eye injury thing but i almost suspected it seemed kinda fishy and fake....i didnt see him get battered and he seemed suprised by the stoppage

but many insisted otherwise

i guess we would have to see how spence/mikey unfolds first before we can make a full call on what mikey/loma is/will be

Comment

Will the same fans who trashed GGG-Brook give Spence credit for beating Mikey? Will the same fans who gave Spence major credit for Brook give Loma credit for beating Mikey?

You know they'll give Spence the credit they refused to give GGG and would **** on Loma and not give him the credit they gave Spence.

It's not as one-sided as you seem to think. My feeling is I'll wait to see how badly Mikey loses but I didn't give GGG credit for Brook, I gave Spence a little bit of credit for Brook and I'll not give him any credit for Mikey. If Mikey gets beaten badly and doesn't take a tune-up then Loma wouldn't get much credit if he loses a close fight and then wins some fights then Loma might deserve credit.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Will the same fans who trashed GGG-Brook give Spence credit for beating Mikey? Will the same fans who gave Spence major credit for Brook give Loma credit for beating Mikey?

You know they'll give Spence the credit they refused to give GGG and would **** on Loma and not give him the credit they gave Spence.

It's not as one-sided as you seem to think. My feeling is I'll wait to see how badly Mikey loses but I didn't give GGG credit for Brook, I gave Spence a little bit of credit for Brook and I'll not give him any credit for Mikey. If Mikey gets beaten badly and doesn't take a tune-up then Loma wouldn't get much credit if he loses a close fight and then wins some fights then Loma might deserve credit.
                    i agree that we'd have to wait to see how spence/mikey unfolds...i obviously think spence wins...but what type of fashion is yet to be determined....

id suspect though ur probably right in that if mikey gets stopped he prob takes a tuneup before loma....that would just be stupid to not take a lighter touch between those two guys

Comment

Working...
                    X