Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consensus Thread... According to YOU who won Wilder or Fury... and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Fury winning 8 rounds to 4. Good scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
      Fury won pretty much every round through his offense, defense and ring generalship. Even the rounds he got dropped in, he came back strong. People seem to forget that he badly hurt Wilder in round 12 after doing his undertaker act. Astonishing.

The first knockdown was a flash knockdown. Wilder had no sustained damage to Fury and the actual punch caused no real damage to Fury. Fury was winning that round actually... So WHY was this scored a 10-8 round? Thats the first problem with the scoring.

The second problem is that Fury controlled the fight, he landed more, including power shots, he won rounds, like one does in prize fighting...where the idea is not to hurt the opponent, but to damage him with scoring blows and stop him when one can with said blows...so the idea that Fury "did not damage" is ridiculous. Fury did not want to HURT Wilder he wanted to score with more punches and win the boxing match.

So the OP asked "How" Fury controlled:

He set the pace, he attacked succesfully, stayed off the ropes, pivoted away from Wilder's attempts. these things were done consistently, Fury never even had a bad round. Judges were blissfully unaware of Fury attacking, setting up to the side of Wilder, so his attempt to counter was nullified. These are skills, and things that should win fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisenhans View Post
        That's easy. Wilder scored two ineffective knockdowns (the first of which apparently was a slip according to some). Aside from that, he... missed a lot and didn't do much else. Fury played with him like you would play with your little cousin.
        First was not a slip, it was a back of the head shot.

Comment

Wilder only won the rounds he got the KDs. I scored rnd6 a draw. 116-111 Fury. Haven't rewatched it yet though

Comment

Fury was more fluid...

Comment

The draw was fair

You are not allowed to win a belt after being almost starched twice

even if you outboxed the other guy by a small margin

you just cant

Comment

I had the fight 113-113

if fury didnt get dropped at least once he woulda got the nod on my card....

same thing goes some rounds (maybe only like 2 rounds) were close so you take one round from wilder on my card go to fury he wins..........

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Tyson threw way less yet landed more. Made deonta y miss so much. Nel o made Ggg miss many punches in first fight, but Ggg did land more still, yet Nell still got draw?
                  are you for real?

he only landed 13 more punches!

OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    I had it 114-112 Fury.

Rounds 2, 4, 9 and 12 to Wilder. There was another close round in there that I guess could have gone to Wilder.

this is exactly how I scored it some close rounds (there were only a few)

I had it 113-113 wilder with that close round you probably talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      i had it 7-5 for fury and with the 2 KDs the card is 113-113

but i don't mind if people have fury winning, if there was a winner it should've been him

Comment

Working...
                      X