Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Scorecard Thread] Just re-watched "2 fast" Fury vs "Bronze Bomber" Wilder...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
    1. 10-9 Fury
    2. 10-9 Fury
    3. 10-9 Fury
    4. 10-9 Fury
    5. 10-9 Fury
    6. 10-9 Fury
    7. 10-9 Fury
    8. 10-9 Fury
    9. 10-8 Wilder
    10. 10-9 Fury
    11. 10-9 Fury
    12. 10-8 Wilder

I had it the same as you, except giving Wilder the 10-8 in the 9th.

There was another round that i might've given to Wilder if i was being generous, but that was really trying to. I can't remember which it was off the top of my head.

Fury won 9 clear rounds at least.
    It's the one round I feel is debatable, and by debatable I mean, between 10-9 and 10-8 for Wilder lolol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
      Scored it the same , only round Wilder could have won besides the 9th and 12th was the 2nd.
      It was more or less uneventful, I will give it a 3rd pass and see what I think.

Comment

Anyone else rewatch the fight yet?

Comment

Compubox has wilder landing more than fury in round 7. That round Worthy of a rewatch?

Comment

Originally posted by AboutBillions View Post
            Compubox has wilder landing more than fury in round 7. That round Worthy of a rewatch?

I'll rewatch it but going in I know I scored that round for Fury easily already twice, so I'd love to discover some epic assault by Wilder I seemed to have missed.

Let's remember compubox is two cats pushing a button when they think they see a flush shot, so it's far from infallible or empirical in any way.

Comment

Guys...

There were no close rounds, in the round where Fury first was knocked down, could have been a 10-9 because of the rest of the round. So somebody would have to say:

"Well I originally had it for Fury 115-109 then changed my mind? lol.

Screw the judges...at least the ref was on point. Wilder did not come close to winning this fight, it was closer to the Calzaghe Lacy fight except that Wilder delivered with his punch and made it a very hard fought victory that tested fury's resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Guys...

There were no close rounds, in the round where Fury first was knocked down, could have been a 10-9 because of the rest of the round. So somebody would have to say:

"Well I originally had it for Fury 115-109 then changed my mind? lol.

Screw the judges...at least the ref was on point. Wilder did not come close to winning this fight, it was closer to the Calzaghe Lacy fight except that Wilder delivered with his punch and made it a very hard fought victory that tested fury's resolve.

Comment

I didn’t score it. I will when I watch it again. Most gave Wilder the 5th because he busted Fury’s nose. Judges shouldn’t score for blood, but it’s no secret that they do. I also thought the opening rounds were very close which is why Floyd’s “5-0” surprised me. I’ve seen many round 1 to Wilder and most gave him round 2. I’ll be watching again soon though. I’ve been trying to enjoy the big fights lately.

Comment

Yet to watch it back but the only rounds I gave Wilder was the 9th & 12th live (both 10-8). I doubt it'll change on second viewing there was no real swing rounds.

It was a clinic apart from the two knockdowns.

That first knockdown was bs as well. Seriously though how many times has he knocked opponents down or out now with illegal shots? Disturbingly I'm not even sure I've seen him receive a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      I didn’t score it. I will when I watch it again. Most gave Wilder the 5th because he busted Fury’s nose. Judges shouldn’t score for blood, but it’s no secret that they do. I also thought the opening rounds were very close which is why Floyd’s “5-0” surprised me. I’ve seen many round 1 to Wilder and most gave him round 2. I’ll be watching again soon though. I’ve been trying to enjoy the big fights lately.
                      You'll see that the early rounds were Furys. He controls the center of the ring and lands the cleaner shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X