No announcement yet.

GGG to PBC/SHO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
    Ggg will sign with dazn most likely. I wouldnt be surprised if loeffler is just using this to negotiate for more money sorta like goldenboy did with showtime. Let a couple rumors go just to stir competition.
    A rumor is different than him being at a PBC event.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      I think the Superfly series may be heading to ESPN+. But if Loeffler gets some dates on SHO, then I guess it is possible.
      If Tommy L is going to the PBC/Haymon side I hope they tell him he can keep the Superfly bs. Or make them like the first one which was the only quality one they did.

Comment

I mean if GGG goes to PBC/SHO, I'm guessing it will be because he wants to move up. Or else it doesn't make all that much aside from helping his promoter out.
        I wouldnt necessarily come to that conclusion. If PBC or Showtime is paying him enough then that reason alone could be why. Also I don't see why it excludes GGG from a future Canelo III fight. Haymon does the get you the fight + the best payday possible thing better than anyone else. Ffs I think he got Dominic Wade 500k to get merked to GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I wouldnt necessarily come to that conclusion. If PBC or Showtime is paying him enough then that reason alone could be why. Also I don't see why it excludes GGG from a future Canelo III fight. Haymon does the get you the fight + the best payday possible thing better than anyone else. Ffs I think he got Dominic Wade 500k to get merked to GGG.
          Yeah, but SHO if they are going to be making this a package deal and giving Loeffler dates, they surely would want to have GGG fight on their network no? I mean I guess it would be possible to do the Canelo fight as they could make a deal where GGG will be able to fight him on DAZN.

Comment

So Coppinger confirms that GGG to PBC is a thing and they met during the Wilder/Fury fight.

GGG definitely could be using this as leverage for a deal with DAZN and/or ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              If Tommy L is going to the PBC/Haymon side I hope they tell him he can keep the Superfly bs. Or make them like the first one which was the only quality one they did.
              I don't think Superfly would be a bad addition. It just shouldn't be on the Fox shows. Put it on FS1 or something like that. That last card certainly had more of a showcase fight night feel to it than anything. Not Premium cable quality.

Comment

GGG is playing this beautifully. Using everyone as leverage for himself and Loeffler. Hearn is going to come with the BAG.

But again, isn't the whole thing that Loeffler doesn't want to go through GBP or Hearn?

Comment

Yeah, but SHO if they are going to be making this a package deal and giving Loeffler dates, they surely would want to have GGG fight on their network no? I mean I guess it would be possible to do the Canelo fight as they could make a deal where GGG will be able to fight him on DAZN.
                  Yea might be dead in the water if its a DAZN or nothing situation I guess.

I'd assume it could just be done like any other fight is done when the money guy wants the fight on his platform doe.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                    I don't think Superfly would be a bad addition. It just shouldn't be on the Fox shows. Put it on FS1 or something like that. That last card certainly had more of a showcase fight night feel to it than anything. Not Premium cable quality.
                    I'm not a fan. And it would appear as if most other boxing fans aren't either from their ratings.

The first one was cool, but they sucked after that. If you are gonna make me watch lil guys make sure they are all good fights & not typical name guy vs no body fights like it mostly turned into after it. I prefer just to keep them as co-mains on bigger cards then having some sh^tshow of lil guys in non-competitive fights. Competitive lil guy fights or gfy I say.

Comment

GGG is playing this beautifully. Using everyone as leverage for himself and Loeffler. Hearn is going to come with the BAG.

But again, isn't the whole thing that Loeffler doesn't want to go through GBP or Hearn?
                      I can't imagine Tommy wants to hitch his wagon to Eddie. If GGG has to hitch his wagon to Eddie might have to be a thing doe to put him on the platform.

One would think DAZN would just go ahead & jump in & give GGG his retirement deal & 360 some sorta 4 year deal for 6 shows a year or something not to crazy to avoid all this weirdo Eddie bs with signing promoter which isn't gonna fly with anyone with 2 balls.

Maybe they are testing the biggest promoter they can sign under Eddie or something idk lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X