Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch the fight with the sound off (Showtime commentating disgusting). Wilder won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The commentary was pro Fury, however, that doesn't mean Fury wasn't actually winning most of the rounds. I wasn't keeping score, but I was telling my brother when rounds seemed closer than what the commentators would have you believe. However, I think it'll be really hard for people to find sufficient rounds to give to Wilder to justify the decision. This was a bad decision.

Comment

Fury won that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Duhaupas made Wilder's eye look a lot worse.

4 rounds aren't enough for a draw, Wilder needed 5 with the two knockdowns.
        Yeah you are right.

To get 114-114, you'd also need a couple of 10-10 rounds, which is also entirely possible.

Again, from what I saw a draw is a fair decision, tho a slight decision win by Fury would have also been something no one could argue much with.

Keep in mind, I have't seen the whole fight yet, which explains at least some of my confusion...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          No because that would mean 8 rounds to Fury, 114-112. You absolute moron.
          Happy for ya.

God knows I have owned you countless times.

Enjoy it, little man...

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
            Showtime commentators clearly were biased towards Fury. I challenge everyone to rewatch the fight with no sound and you'd paint a different picture for yourself. The showtime commentators were acting like Fury was blowing Wilder out of the water and dominating him each round. Yet the punch stats don't show that. Here are the facts:

Wilder was the more active fighter. He threw more punches. Listening to Showtime, you wouldn't have known that. Fury was on his bicycle all night and Showtime announcers acted like he was out-jabbing Wilder with a 20-1 ratio while outboxing him: yet, Wilder almost landed as many jabs, and did he not throw more too?

Fury slapped and pawed with many of his punches, yet Wilder landed the more effective and damaging blows. Fury's nose looked broken, yet Wilder left the ring unscathed. All of the rounds that Fury "dominated," Wilder landed at least 3-4 power punches, which could have very well negated Fury's movement and more overall punches landed, in the judges eyes. Fury does NOT get the close rounds by default simply because he showboated and acted like he was Ali. Fury's "work" decieved everybody because he was acting like he was super-confident and showboating, yet if you turn the sound off I guarantee you that you will see the rounds being closer than what Fury's taunting and Showtimes biased commentary made you believe.

Besides, you have to BEAT the champ and take his belt. Did Fury do enough to warrant Wilder taking the L and losing his belt? In due time, the answer that most people will realize is NO.
            Fury's right hands were crisp all the way through. He hurt Wilder multiple times incl making him do a silly dance in the 12th

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              And BTW folks, 4 rounds with 2 KDs are enough for a draw for Wilder...
              Not if you passed maths.

W-F
              10-9 x 2
              10-8 x 2
              9-10 x 8

112-114

Fury wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                Not if you passed maths.

W-F
                10-9 x 2
                10-8 x 2
                9-10 x 8

112-114

Fury wins.
                Yeah, I know I got mixed up not so much by the math but by the fact I didn't see the whole fight (I usually score as I go along).

Clearly, there were some even rounds in there as well or Wilder won more than 4...

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                  Showtime commentators clearly were biased towards Fury. I challenge everyone to rewatch the fight with no sound and you'd paint a different picture for yourself. The showtime commentators were acting like Fury was blowing Wilder out of the water and dominating him each round. Yet the punch stats don't show that. Here are the facts:

Wilder was the more active fighter. He threw more punches. Listening to Showtime, you wouldn't have known that. Fury was on his bicycle all night and Showtime announcers acted like he was out-jabbing Wilder with a 20-1 ratio while outboxing him: yet, Wilder almost landed as many jabs, and did he not throw more too?

Fury slapped and pawed with many of his punches, yet Wilder landed the more effective and damaging blows. Fury's nose looked broken, yet Wilder left the ring unscathed. All of the rounds that Fury "dominated," Wilder landed at least 3-4 power punches, which could have very well negated Fury's movement and more overall punches landed, in the judges eyes. Fury does NOT get the close rounds by default simply because he showboated and acted like he was Ali. Fury's "work" decieved everybody because he was acting like he was super-confident and showboating, yet if you turn the sound off I guarantee you that you will see the rounds being closer than what Fury's taunting and Showtimes biased commentary made you believe.

Besides, you have to BEAT the champ and take his belt. Did Fury do enough to warrant Wilder taking the L and losing his belt? In due time, the answer that most people will realize is NO.
                  I ****ing been screaming this since I logged on.

Showtime commentating was acting like we were watching vintage Floyd lol

Im like wtf are these dudes watching.

And the judges confirmed what I thought. They didnt see this big blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                    OP is a Wlad fan who's still butthurt about Fury schooling his hero. Everyone knows who won that fight and it wasn't Deontay Wilder.
                    okay so its so simple then right.

But wait

The judges didnt see this blowout lol

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                      Yeah, I know I got mixed up not so much by the math but by the fact I didn't see the whole fight (I usually score as I go along).

Clearly, there were some even rounds in there as well or Wilder won more than 4...
                      Nah. He lost. He knew it himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X