Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Joshua Did Really Well With Povetkin - I'm Totally Different

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
    Cunningham was a technically better and more intelligent all round boxer than Joshua. Joshua doesn't have that skill set where he can outbox someone with skill, handspeed and footwork. His skill set is basic and his footwork is slow and lumbering.
    I don't think Fury has said Cunningham had better boxing skills than himself, more like he couldn't deal with the cruiserweight speed, so was outboxing him.
    As to Josh speed, it may be understated, because I think he has got where he has because hes a great athlete. He can run 100 metres in like 11 seconds which is insane for someone his size.
    I doubt josh is lumbering.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
      Lol that same prime Gold medalist, I forgot his name because he ain’t s#hit, was knocked out by David Haye the very first punch he landed. Siarhei who?? Sounds like a Japanese vacuum cleaner.
      Who has Joshua made look like an Amateur that Wilder could not of beaten in a better fashion washed up Klitchsko and Martin Takam Parker or Breazeale No.

He has not done anything for the sport beside duck dodge and story tell when he should had of face Miller back in August make him look like a amateur then we can see your point

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman15 View Post
        Who has Joshua made look like an Amateur that Wilder could not of beaten in a better fashion washed up Klitchsko and Martin Takam Parker or Breazeale No.

He has not done anything for the sport beside duck dodge and story tell when he should had of face Miller back in August make him look like a amateur then we can see your point
        How could Joshua face a voluntary in Miller when he had a mandatory against Povetkin? You Americans become more stupid by the day.

Wlad destroys Wilder, so he's not coming close to looking better.

Wilder can't get bums who aren't fresh out of there, but he's going to get a fresh Martin out of there quicker than Joshua? Haha. He doesn't even come close to doing so.

Joshua dominated Parker. Wilder would have a close fight with him that could go either way.

Brezeale was dominated and taken out in 7. Wilder dominates no one.

Takam would give Wilder a tough time and win a lot of rounds. Hell, he could even win. Wilder doesn't come close to winning every round the way Joshua did.

Joshua dealt with Molina and Gavern in better fashion than Wilder did. Molina the bum gave Wilder a scare and rocked him after giving him a tough time before knocking him out late. Joshua didn't break a sweat in getting him out of there in 3. So yeah, you're talking ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Cat View Post
          If Joshua had fought the opponents Wilder fought, he'd have higher punch stats.

Joshua has fought much better opposition than Wilder.

Wilder didn't fight anyone with a pulse until his 35th or so fight.
          Arguably on paper Joshua might of faced better competition lately, and I do see your point : how its more difficult to be more accurate against a higher level opponent. But I would argue that everytime Deontay stepped in the ring with decent competition, Wilder put his ranking as far as stats are concern on the line,

in other words the more fights you have the more damage you should be taking throughout your career, despite all this as Deontay continued to increase in experience and opposition Wilder stats remain top of his class.
          Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Wilder's Olympic pedigree = joint 3rd place, along with 3 other semi-finalists.

Mmmm .... yeah, that sound's about right if you're talking about where he should be ranked as a pro.

Qualifying for the United States Olympic team with only 35 amateur fights is very impressive. In my opinion Wilder beat Clemente Russo in the Beijing 2008 Olympics :

the judges failed to credit Deontay plenty of clean punches ; its very important to note that Clemente Russo was decorated amature world champion winning gold and silver, with that noted I think its remarkable that going into the third round the Italian only managed to land ONE point on the far less experienced young American Deontay Wilder.

Theres no way Deontay only scored 1 point in the whole fight, no wonder Boxing might not make it on the next Olympics.
          Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
          Bro it’s true he was Garbage as a professional. I have nothing against the guy apart from trying to hit on a girl in Browns night club and he walked in the club and the chick lost her damn mind and left me and went and sat on his lap like she was his daughter.... Bi#tch

Audley had a big mouth too which he never backed up in the ring. so his downfall was met with cheers.

This does not surprise me, Audley is a true mac!
          Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
          Your fantasy line is amazing. Keep it up boy.
          Deontay Wilder has been proving the doubters wrong ever since he stepped into Skyy Boxing Gym in Northport, Alabama. When will you give this man his dues?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Arguably on paper Joshua might of faced better competition lately, and I do see your point : how its more difficult to be more accurate against a higher level opponent. But I would argue that everytime Deontay stepped in the ring with decent competition, Wilder put his ranking as far as stats are concern on the line,

in other words the more fights you have the more damage you should be taking throughout your career, despite all this as Deontay continued to increase in experience and opposition Wilder stats remain top of his class.

Qualifying for the United States Olympic team with only 35 amateur fights is very impressive. In my opinion Wilder beat Clemente Russo in the Beijing 2008 Olympics :

the judges failed to credit Deontay plenty of clean punches ; its very important to note that Clemente Russo was decorated amature world champion winning gold and silver, with that noted I think its remarkable that going into the third round the Italian only managed to land ONE point on the far less experienced young American Deontay Wilder.

Theres no way Deontay only scored 1 point in the whole fight, no wonder Boxing might not make it on the next Olympics.

This does not surprise me, Audley is a true mac!

Deontay Wilder has been proving the doubters wrong ever since he stepped into Skyy Boxing Gym in Northport, Alabama. When will you give this man his dues?

You better hope Fury is still slow and rusty, otherwise, chicken legs is getting KTFO again.
            Last edited by kafkod; 11-22-2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

You better hope Fury is still slow and rusty, otherwise, chicken legs is getting KTFO again.
              Tell the whole story Kafkod, Evgenyi Romanov won multiple gold and silver medals in the amateurs ; as early as 2003 to be exact -- this was what 2008?

Deontay had little over 20 plus fights when he faced Evgenyi Romanov. The lack of experience was the reason for such a slow progress in Deontay's career, still I think the fact that Wilder ( with much far less experience than Gold-medalist Wladmir Klitschko ) won the WBC HW world title much faster than the former lineal champion in 32 professional contest, is a testament of how special Deontay Wilder really is.

Tyson Fury's own father ( big John Fury ) knows his son is getting hurt really, really bad in a couple days. I think you know this too.

Comment

Tell the whole story Kafkod, Evgenyi Romanov won multiple gold and silver medals in the amateurs ; as early as 2003 to be exact -- this was what 2008?

Deontay had little over 20 plus fights when he faced Evgenyi Romanov. The lack of experience was the reason for such a slow progress in Deontay's career, still I think the fact that Wilder ( with much far less experience than Gold-medalist Wladmir Klitschko ) won the WBC HW world title much faster than the former lineal champion in 32 professional contest, is a testament of how special Deontay Wilder really is.

Tyson Fury's own father ( big John Fury ) knows his son is getting hurt really, really bad in a couple days. I think you know this too.
                Wilder wasn't special enough to win gold or silver in the Olympics.

And you tell the whole story .. Big John Fury said he knows his son is only 50% of what he was before his breakdown and 3 year lay-off.

The bum squad know that too, which is why the cowardly bastards offered him a 50/50 split to fight Dumbontay immediately.

Comment

Wilder wasn't special enough to win gold or silver in the Olympics.

And you tell the whole story .. Big John Fury said he knows his son is only 50% of what he was before his breakdown and 3 year lay-off.

The bum squad know that too, which is why the cowardly bastards offered him a 50/50 split to fight Dumbontay immediately.
                  Deontay Wilder will have to settle for a WBC and the HW linear crown instead.

The excuses are already coming in, truly a bad sign of poor sportsmanship on the behalf of the Fury faithful, I was hoping you all gave Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder full credit, after BombSquad takes the throne.

What does this man have to do for you all to recognize that Deontay is truly the best HW you ever seen in your life?
                  Last edited by 1hourRun; 11-22-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Deontay Wilder will have to settle for a WBC and the HW linear crown instead.

The excuses are already coming in, truly a bad sign of poor sportsmanship on the behalf of the Fury faithful, I was hoping you all gave Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder full credit, after BombSquad takes the throne.

What does this man have to do for you all to recognize that Deontay is truly the best HW you ever seen in your life?
                    Wilder won’t get full credit. Not from the Joshua or Fury fans and probably not from the mainstream fans either. The mainstream fans will see the pictures of what Fury did to himself and since Fury has had no credible wins since then Wilder won’t get full credit (i.e. for beating a prime Fury).

He’ll get a lot of exposure though for sure, which can only help

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
                      Joshua has his limitations, but I don’t get when people act like he has no boxing skills, it’s just dumb.

Joshua’s beaten two Olympic gold medalists and a clearly outboxed a guy with very quick hands in Parker. Not to mention that he has a gold medal himself. Even if you say he enjoyed favourable judging at the olympics it wouldn’t be achievable with no skills and slow footwork.

Yeah Wladimir and Povetkin were past their best but they weren’t totally shot like Haye was in his second fight with Bellew.

It’s the same thing with Wilder and Ortiz. Ortiz was old but he wasn’t just going to lie down; so Wilder gets some credit for beating him and Joshua should get some credit for beating Wladimir and Povetkin.
                      Yeah I do give credit for Joshua beating Klitschko and Povetkin, they are good wins, I'm not disputing that.
                      What I'm saying is that Joshua isn't particularly technically skilled, regardless of those wins.
                      He achieves results with his power and athleticism, not technical skills and ring generalship. He was the same in the amateurs - he isn't a boxer. He couldn't box with the mobility and shot selection that Cunningham was showing against Fury, it's just not in his skillset.

Comment

Working...
                      X