Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Joshua Did Really Well With Povetkin - I'm Totally Different

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
    Probably best not to mention Audley Harrison. He has been a national joke in the UK for years where he is known as Fraudley Harrison.

Even the casuals know that he is terrible.

I like Wilder as a fighter, but his record is weak af, that's just looking at the facts.
    FRAUDLEY HARRISON?! The first Briton to win a boxing gold for Britain in 32 years, the first to win gold in the Super Heavyweight Division and laid the foundation for the success British boxers have experienced at subsequent Games? How disrespectful!

Audley Harrison was on fire! winning the UK prize-fighter tournament! after winning British-Euro championships? how many losses did he avenge in the amateurs and in the pros? I lost count! I don't want to hear or read about what a hater has to say about Audley anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      FRAUDLEY HARRISON?! The first Briton to win a boxing gold for Britain in 32 years, the first to win gold in the Super Heavyweight Division and laid the foundation for the success British boxers have experienced at subsequent Games? How disrespectful!

Audley Harrison was on fire! winning the UK prize-fighter tournament! after winning British-Euro championships? how many losses did he avenge in the amateurs and in the pros? I lost count! I don't want to here or read about what a hater has to say about Audley anymore!
      Yeah, he was a great amateur.

Terrible professional though... terrible.

And I'm guessing you know what the prize-fighter tournament is? The standard is... not good.

Don't go thinking I'm hating on Deontay, it's just that I would bet on most people to make Harrison look like a fool, so it doesn't really serve to prove your point. The dude's useless.

David Price, who is widely considered to be terrible on this forum, knocked him out in 1 round.

Comment

I agree with this, Deontay is just too strong! If he was as pillow-fisted as Tyson Fury, you guys would would be disappointed that we didnt get to see a KO, however Deontay would show off that Olympic pedigree!

But then people would call Wilder boring like Tyson and Hughie, you cant have it both ways I guess.
        That's the HW division for you. Don't know about you, but when I want to see matrix-level boxing ability I watch the likes of Loma, Garcia, Crawford, etc in the lower divisions. When I tune in to watch the big guys, I expect to see something more brutal. I like to watch all styles, it all depends on my mood at the time.
        Mankind in general has a tendency towards a brutal spectacle, in that way we haven't changed much since the days when Rome's Colosseum was the hottest ticket in live entertainment. That's why the lower you go in weight division, generally the smaller crowds sway more towards the cultured purists, and why the heavier divisions draw the bigger and noisier crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Fury is great but cannot say for sure you'd outbox josh. I think cunningham was outboxing fury because of speed and if Josh is faster than fury then fury might have to try bully josh like he did smaller cunningham. But Josh is physically bigger than cunningham so Josh poses different set of probkems.
          Cunningham was a technically better and more intelligent all round boxer than Joshua. Joshua doesn't have that skill set where he can outbox someone with skill, handspeed and footwork. His skill set is basic and his footwork is slow and lumbering.

Comment

You can forget the gifs and look at the compubox numbers, Deontay Wilder is more accurate than Joshua connecting at 42.8% whilst Anthony connected at 34.6%. The 'Bronze-Bomber' also lands more jabs per round. After Joshua vs. Povetkin, I think Jarrell Miller is probably ahead of Anthony considering how many hard punches Joshua took on the chin, nearly getting KO ; Joshua is slipping very fast.

And Tyson Fury is well bellow Wilder in stats.
            If Joshua had fought the opponents Wilder fought, he'd have higher punch stats.

Joshua has fought much better opposition than Wilder.

Wilder didn't fight anyone with a pulse until his 35th or so fight.

Comment

I agree with this, Deontay is just too strong! If he was as pillow-fisted as Tyson Fury, you guys would would be disappointed that we didnt get to see a KO, however Deontay would show off that Olympic pedigree!

But then people would call Wilder boring like Tyson and Hughie, you cant have it both ways I guess.
              Wilder's Olympic pedigree = joint 3rd place, along with 3 other semi-finalists.

Mmmm .... yeah, that sound's about right if you're talking about where he should be ranked as a pro.

Comment

Audley Harrison was on fire! winning the UK prize-fighter tournament! after winning British-Euro championships? how many losses did he avenge in the amateurs and in the pros? I lost count! I don't want to hear or read about what a hater has to say about Audley anymore!
                Bro it’s true he was Garbage as a professional. I have nothing against the guy apart from trying to hit on a girl in Browns night club and he walked in the club and the chick lost her damn mind and left me and went and sat on his lap like she was his daughter.... Bi#tch

Audley had a big mouth too which he never backed up in the ring. so his downfall was met with cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                  Cunningham was a technically better and more intelligent all round boxer than Joshua. Joshua doesn't have that skill set where he can outbox someone with skill, handspeed and footwork. His skill set is basic and his footwork is slow and lumbering.
                  Joshua has his limitations, but I don’t get when people act like he has no boxing skills, it’s just dumb.

Joshua’s beaten two Olympic gold medalists and a clearly outboxed a guy with very quick hands in Parker. Not to mention that he has a gold medal himself. Even if you say he enjoyed favourable judging at the olympics it wouldn’t be achievable with no skills and slow footwork.

Yeah Wladimir and Povetkin were past their best but they weren’t totally shot like Haye was in his second fight with Bellew.

It’s the same thing with Wilder and Ortiz. Ortiz was old but he wasn’t just going to lie down; so Wilder gets some credit for beating him and Joshua should get some credit for beating Wladimir and Povetkin.

Comment

Tyson Thinks hes some kind of a master-boxer? He must be still on drugs. This giant knock-kneed hunchback can fool some casuals with his close win over old Klitschko but some of us know how rubbish his 'skills' really are.

Lolx.... You try to rubbish any great win that is not involved wilder. I suspect you are an enemy to the sport.
                    What's the age difference between Ortiz, podvetkin and wlad?

Comment

I believe Deontay thinks hes facing the best, no doubt Wilder is facing the lineal champion. Lets face it, Anthony Joshua holds Fury's titles, this is irrefutable. Any man that thinks that a Olympic-medalist, who outboxed the #2. HW in the world when capturing the WBC is not skilled, is not being honest.

Dont be surprised if you see Bomb-Squad makes Fury look like a amateur a BUM, don't blame it on Tyson's layoff, Wilder is that good.
                      Your fantasy line is amazing. Keep it up boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X