Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumours fury is having a bad camp...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Altitude can be a real challenge if you have not trained that way before - so it's logical Fury came down from Big Bear.

He appears relaxed and looks to be moving well, no issues with weight either.

I am not 100% on his trainer though, they guy looks a little out of his depth to me so maybe that is why Roach has come on board.

Roach is a divides opinion but I do believe Fury respects him greatly.

Comment

Fury isn't looking good? Have people seen his last fights, it's bloody obvious. He is in terrible shape, slow, plodding and no stamina. If wilder can't spark him he should drop the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Fury isn't looking good? Have people seen his last fights, it's bloody obvious. He is in terrible shape, slow, plodding and no stamina. If wilder can't spark him he should drop the belt.
        Harsh but true.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Wilder has a surprisingly good jab that he hasn’t really relied on much over the past few fights. He also knocked Bermaine out with a left.

And I may be wrong, but wasn’t that trap he set for Ortiz (beginning of the end of that fight) also a left hand?
          Great points let me address them, keeping in mind this is alas, just my opinion lol.

The jab: Wilder has really improved and his jab has been/ is a much improved weapon. It might come into play, but we have to remember the reach factor and that Fury fights off the back foot meaning that to use that jab will be a challenge.

But, if Fury does start to square up and get inside, Wilder's jab is something to contend with.

As far as the trap and the left, its a matter of the competition. Fury imo can handle the left, and can counter it as well. Ditto for traps, you know the old boxing saws: don't hook with a hooker, don't chase a puncher, and don't try to box a boxer. At this point in his game Wilder would have to have really hit a new level to be able to set Fury up. Ortiz was past it and more or less was there for the taking.

One possible scenario is if Fury gets tired/damaged... then Wilder can bring into play more weapons.

Comment

This might be pure speculation and rumors from the OP but it does make sense. I don't think Fury will be ready for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Fake News. Drarmshow is a Brit so he is setting up an excuse once Wilder wins.
              Fancy that!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Great points let me address them, keeping in mind this is alas, just my opinion lol.

The jab: Wilder has really improved and his jab has been/ is a much improved weapon. It might come into play, but we have to remember the reach factor and that Fury fights off the back foot meaning that to use that jab will be a challenge.

But, if Fury does start to square up and get inside, Wilder's jab is something to contend with.

As far as the trap and the left, its a matter of the competition. Fury imo can handle the left, and can counter it as well. Ditto for traps, you know the old boxing saws: don't hook with a hooker, don't chase a puncher, and don't try to box a boxer. At this point in his game Wilder would have to have really hit a new level to be able to set Fury up. Ortiz was past it and more or less was there for the taking.

One possible scenario is if Fury gets tired/damaged... then Wilder can bring into play more weapons.
                Oh, don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to imply that Wilder was this master boxer that was going to come out and dance around, setting constant traps and toying with Fury. I was just mentioning that Wilder does have a left hand thats come into play in the past. It's just not the Death Star Cannon that his right hand is.

that being said, the idea that Wilder has 0 boxing skills is something that's mentioned on here a lot. I like to bring up the first Stiverne match because for the most part, it was a pretty textbook display of a big man boxing 12 rounds off the back foot, and just dominating with a jab.

Comment

Lol at fools who say Wildher jab is great, Wildher got out jabbed by Duhaupas and Ortiz, both having shorter reach than Wildher.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                    Harsh but true.
                    It is not harsh at all. If Fury was not looking for a cash grab, he would know that he needs another year to be in shape, another 3-4 fights at a higher level than the trash he just fought and to put in some hard, serious performances before challenging a better tier of fighter. I mean Wilder is quite basic but even he should beat Fury in this instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      Oh, don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to imply that Wilder was this master boxer that was going to come out and dance around, setting constant traps and toying with Fury. I was just mentioning that Wilder does have a left hand thats come into play in the past. It's just not the Death Star Cannon that his right hand is.

that being said, the idea that Wilder has 0 boxing skills is something that's mentioned on here a lot. I like to bring up the first Stiverne match because for the most part, it was a pretty textbook display of a big man boxing 12 rounds off the back foot, and just dominating with a jab.
                      You know how people are....Its all or nothing. For example, if you believe that there are conspiracies in the government....your a flat earther, non vaccinating, cultist. Even when you tell posters that you are skeptical and don't buy every account, you get lumped in.

Same thing with a guy who is developing boxing skills, and doing a great job actually...I was looking at a vid where people were implying that Wilder sucks on the pads and will lose because of that. People just don't understand the middle way! What we Buddhists call the middle path.

I do think Wilder has improved and did a good job with Stiverne who, at least the first fight was a decent opponent.

My point is more specific to Fury that Wilder. I am of the belief that Tyson, as a child being groomed, is underestimated with respect to how skillful a boxer he is. With that being said, even a guy who is improving, has developed an excellent jab, and has a decent other hand...will have a hard time with Fury. Another way to look at this is the difference in skills between Fury and Stiverne. People tend to poo poo the Klitsko fight but Tyson basically shut down a guy who was considered the favorite....a guy who managed to knock down AJ his next fight. When you figure in the height on top of that...

Comment

Working...
                      X