Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: WBC Mandatory Orders Derailed Immediate Spence Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Hopefully there's one PBC unification between their three WW titleholders in 2019 and then another in 2020. Wouldn't be surprised if none of them fought each other in 2019 though.

Ideally we'd get Thurman-Porter II and Spence/Garcia in the summer/fall. Leave two men standing at WW for PBC in 2020.
    Fk that, give me Manny-Thurman and Porter-Spence lol

Comment

That's what I've been saying all along. Even in the face of incontrovertible evidence from the WBC's president Maurcio Sulaiman himself.

Out of his own lips, he stated that because Porter won a vacant title, which was not from the actual titleholder who was Keith Thurman at the time before vacating the title; Shawn is obligated to make at least two mandatory title defenses before even thinking about doing a voluntary defense. Now those are the facts.

I just don't understand why that is so hard for some boxing fans to comprehend? Perhaps, they want Porter to be stripped of his WBC title or something? If he doesn't abide by the WBC sanctioning body's rules then he will indeed be stripped of that title. He is not running away from Spence. He wants that fight.

If I hadn't heard the WBC's proclamation; Then I would have believed that Porter was ducking Spence too but not anymore because I know the truth. He is not.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
        postol unified right away after winning a vacant title

porter doesnt wanna fight spence
        However, Postol had been given prior approval by the WBC in order to unify. Where as Porter has not been given the same privilege to unify. That makes a major difference.

If the WBC had given its blessing and go ahead for the Spence/Porter fight; Then the fight will be happening now. However, since they said no then there is nothing that Spence, Porter, myself or anyone else for that matter could do about it in order to change that.

Unless of course, we want Porter to get stripped of his WBC title.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          However, Postol had been given prior approval by the WBC in order to unify. Where as Porter has not been given the same privilege to unify. That makes a major difference.

If the WBC had given its blessing and go ahead for the Spence/Porter fight; Then the fight will be happening now. However, since they said no then there is nothing that Spence, Porter, myself or anyone else for that matter could do about it in order to change that.

Unless of course, we want Porter to get stripped of his WBC title.
          They will absolutely make the exception of Haymon or porter want it. Cmon now they bend their rules all the time

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
            They will absolutely make the exception of Haymon or porter want it. Cmon now they bend their rules all the time
            You make an excellent point which is very true and I get all that. The WBC are corrupt and make up the rules as they travel along.

However, for some reason; In this case, perhaps it's due to either Al Haymon's protection of Keith Thurman or Errol Spence, Jr; They have decided that they are not going to go that route this time.

It may not be right and it may not fair but it is what is and there is nothing that anyone can do about it perhaps outside of Al Haymon.

Also, you are right. Porter can yet still fight Erroll Spence, Jr. However, it just won't be for the WBC title since they would refuse to sanction it.

Comment

Anybody seen Ugas fight? Does he stand a chance against Porter?

Comment

Lem satterfield, aka Jon snow, knows nothing, Porter has 2 losses and is 29-2-1.

Comment

That's what I've been saying all along. Even in the face of incontrovertible evidence from the WBC's president Maurcio Sulaiman himself.

Out of his own lips, he stated that because Porter won a vacant title, which was not from the actual titleholder who was Keith Thurman at the time before vacating the title; Shawn is obligated to make at least two mandatory title defenses before even thinking about doing a voluntary defense. Now those are the facts.

I just don't understand why that is so hard for some boxing fans to comprehend? Perhaps, they want Porter to be stripped of his WBC title or something? If he doesn't abide by the WBC sanctioning body's rules then he will indeed be stripped of that title. He is not running away from Spence. He wants that fight.

If I hadn't heard the WBC's proclamation; Then I would have believed that Porter was ducking Spence too but not anymore because I know the truth. He is not.
                  I like that you quote Sulaiman's words.

You know, since this is the same Sulaiman who, after Porter won the wbc from Garcia, and before the wbc convention, said that the unification fight with Spence would be ordered if a request was made by Porter and/or his people.

Convention occurs and two mandatories are ordered. What does that tell you?

Porter F'n did not make the request.

Comment

Originally posted by BIPBAP View Post
                    Anybody seen Ugas fight? Does he stand a chance against Porter?
                    Most definitely. He's very patient. Doesn't waste a lot of punches. He has to be able to manage Porters brawling style. I often wonder why there aren't more counter uppercuts thrown by fighters against Porter as he rushes in. That would be my primary focus if I was in Ugas' training camp

Comment

Yes but a unification trumps mandatories everytime.
                      Or that's what I've been led to believe.
                      I'm sure if Porter said he wanted Spence next the mandos would have to wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X