Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: WBC Mandatory Orders Derailed Immediate Spence Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
    Where does Bud fit into all this seriously now, we have some super fights that can be made at 147, Thurman is back, Spence is there and Crawford and Porter round out the top 4. Thurman just got by Porter but at some point these guys have to fight each other surely!
    Crawford is left frozen out until 2020 at the earliest.

Thurman, Spence, Porter, Pacquiao-Broner, Danny, etc (Lipinets-Peterson winner, Berto, Jamal James, et al) will pair off and rumble first before looking elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      I don't see anything ideal about that. Look how quickly Fury Wilder got made and even Spence Garcia is happening within 6 months of it first being mentioned. PBC is all about kicking the can down the road and making money for all concerned. It's only when easy fights can't be made that the odd great fight gets made. When 2 fighters want to fight the fight normally gets made but with PBC AL is more about the money than the legacy. Spence should have fought at least one of Thurman/Porter/D.Garcia since his Brook win which was how many months ago now? Plus he was calling out Thurman 3 years ago.
      So when does Crawford get a look in? 2021 or 2022 when he is past his prime?

I think Crawford's best chance would be 2021. Crawford spent 2018 with undefeateds Horn and Benavidez. He'll spend 2019 with undefeateds Kavaliauskas, Adames, and Besputin. If PBC has one guy left with three belts in 2021, only 2020 would be a lost year for Crawford. Maybe he can go up to 154 and pick up a WBO title there to become a four-weight champion in the meantime?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        lies, unification with the WBC over rules mando's
        Porter was soooo glad to have anything stall Spence fight. Porter and Garcia was literally waiting for Thurman to come out the grave to fight him instead of Spence

Comment

everybody knows that a unification trumps a mandatory for all sanctioning bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
            everybody knows that a unification trumps a mandatory for all sanctioning bodies.
            everybody knows the sanctioning bodies make the rules up to whatever suits their needs at any particular time.

And where does the real king fit into all this, Amir 'Killer' Khan ? (jus kidding...)

Comment

For some reason, I believe if Mikey wasn't challenging Spence, Porter wouldn't be challenging him either! Why does the IBF still have a vacant #1 WW Contender? I thought Ugas was going to be elevated a long time ago, but as of today, #1, and #2 are still "NOT RATED." Unbelievable!

I hope PBC brings back Joey Spencer real soon, and I would like to get another look at Ronnie Shields' WW prospect Eimantas Stanionis! Jaron BOOTS Ennis, Let's Get It!

Comment

Shameful stuff.

Comment

Ugas is not a bum and he's long overdue for his title shot. don't overlook this guy..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Straight up lies. Porter didn’t want to know! No need to sugarcoat it. He didn’t want to know before the Garcia fight. He doesn’t want to know until he fights Thurman, after beating Garcia and knowing Thurman isn’t ready yet then he said he would entertain Spence later after he fights Ugas.
                    So what is your point?

Comment

Great fight

Wonderful fight for both guys porter will dominate ugas

Comment

Working...
                      X