No announcement yet.

Canelo: “Always support the Mexican”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
    Thank god, one less eastern euro wannabe on this site!

Amen to that!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
      i agree with canelo wholeheartedly
      i'm Black and i always support the Black fighter within the realms of logical reasoning
      nothin wrong with canelo sayin' this
      I appreciate your honesty but I’m talking about Americans supporting Americans no matter the color.
      For example why the heck are Americans rooting for Anthony Joshua?????

Comment

The biggest problem American fighters face isn't American fight fans having divided loyalties, it's lack of interest in the sport among the general public period, especially on a ppv level. Floyd, Pac and GGG's ppv buying base actually consisted primarily of Mexicans/Latinos. So the key to ppv success is either tapping into the Mexican/Latino fanbase or figuring out a way to promote yourself to the American general public, but that isn't an easy task given all the competition from top athletes in far more popular sports. Keep in mind, most fighters don't become ppv attractions overnight, it typically takes years of work and high profile fights.

Comment

I've never seen the full Octavio Gomez fight just the highlights of about 5 minutes. I explain in that piece why there's such limited full fights available of him. I recently uploaded the full fight with Jose Legra on youtube where he came out of retirement and won the featherweight title at 37 and there full fights with Jose Medel (first) and both Harada fights are out there. I have highlights of a further 21.

I remember I bought the International Boxing hall of fame register about 18-19 years ago and since got a newer edition and that introduced me to a lot of old fighters with snippets and from there you can research the one's who catch your eye.

My personal favorites from the pre 1990s are Jofre, Sal Sanchez, Luis Rodriguez, Jose Napoles, Ruben Olivares, Carlos Ortiz, Wilfredo Gomez, Marvin Hagler, Matthew Saad Muhammad, Gilberto Roman, Alexis Arguello, Ken Buchanan and there’s so many more. The more you research and look for fights the more and more excellent fights and fighters you find out about. I’m a big fan of the 50s, 60s and 70s particularly bantamweight and Featherweight.

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          I definitely will check it out.
          I seen his fight with Octavio Gomez but I want to see some of his earlier fights.
          boxing was definitely totally different in the 50s-80s. These guys were the definition of warriors. I’ve been more attached to historical boxing lately. I mean I find myself spending hours doing research and looking at films of fighters I’ve never heard of and I’ve fell in love with fights that are in black and white. Weird huh?
          I think you are the one who posted something about Emille Griffith I’d heard his name before but didn’t research until you mentioned something interesting about him. I forgot what it was, this was a while back you probably don’t even remember. You should actually start your own blog/website with your knowledge.
          Last edited by chrisJS; 11-14-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

am I missing something? is there something wrong with what he said?

People who support other people based on Race etc is cool the only time it becomes an issue is when SNOWFLAKES cant handle it and cry over it.

I get attacked almost everyday here cause I'm Mexican, "oh your mexicans thats why you dont liek this fighters" when in reality me being Mexican has absolutely no reason why I dislike xyz fighter but to the SNOWFLAKES thats the only logical reason their lil brains can think of so they get offended over this entire notion that isnt reality but just a narrative they painted of me by themselves in their own mind so basically they get theyselves mad and want to blame me for it lmfao. Idiots.
            Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 11-14-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              am I missing something? is there something wrong with what he said?

People who support other people based on Race etc is cool the only time it becomes an issue is when SNOWFLAKES cant handle it and cry over it.

I get attacked almost everyday here cause I'm Mexican, "oh your mexicans thats why you dont liek this fighters" when in reality me being Mexican has absolutely no reason why I dislike xyz fighter but to the SNOWFLAKES thats the only logical reason their lil brains can think of so they get offended over this entire notion that isnt reality but just a narrative they painted of me by themselves in their own mind so basically they get theyselves mad and want to blame me for it lmfao. Idiots.
              You get attacked because your loyalty to Mexican fighters can be delusional at times. I can't hate you for wanting your guys to win but at the same time you need to stay grounded in reality sometimes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                nothing wrong with supporting your kind as long as it doesn't mean disrespecting other fighters

boxing fans think that to support your fighter you have to disrespect others
                this!!!!! Good post

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                  Yeah, just like you have the nerve to call out someone on their parenting skills. A black guy calling out someone for leaving their kids. LOL fucking gold.

No they don't idiot, Mexicans hate Oscar.

Yes, explain, you're making these accusations like they're truths, well explain them.

I form way better sentences than that illiterate woman beating thug.

OK welfare is irrelevant, dindus then, that describe you people better?
                  You do love Oscar or else you wouldn’t be in your feelings about the truth. The difference between me and you is that I know and will admit Floyd is scum who just so happens to have god gifted talent in the boxing ring. If a Mexican called Floyd a woman beating self centered non dressing hypocrite I’d have to just shut up and agree or reply to something of the same subject. I wouldn’t change the subject by saying nearly 40% of women in Mexico are single mothers lmao what type of ish is that? See the difference in my previous post is that my comments were facts directed towards Oscar yours were directed towards a whole race. That’s the difference between me and you kiddo. If an African American does get welfare it is the lowest of the low.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.43e1859f4e96

Nearly 40%(38.5) of TANF benefits goes to Hispanics.
                  You shouldn’t be talking about poor people with welfare anyway. You should be glad this country is in the position to help poor people who are in unfortunate situations. I don’t see why that would even be a joke to you. You should never look down on any race. No race is superior to the other. Educate yourself my brotha before it’s too late.
                  Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 11-14-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    You get attacked because your loyalty to Mexican fighters can be delusional at times. I can't hate you for wanting your guys to win but at the same time you need to stay grounded in reality sometimes lol.
                    Its only delusional to haters.

I had canelo beating GGG he did.

I picked benevidez to beat Crawford and he held his own,

I pick Mikey to beat Errol spence.

I pick Mikey to beat Lomachenko

those are my most recent predictions, and none of them are delusional.

I tell you the issue people have with me is not really ME, its THEM. They for some reason get mad over it, they bring up the Mexican aspect of it, they call my picks delusional, they only quote me not to talk boxing but to bash my predictions, my opinions and write them off cause I am Mexican lol thats why when they bash me I never take it seriously I ignore most of them cause I already know what the issue is they just havent realized it themselves cause they too emotional to open their eyes and acknowledge their own Bullshit.
                    Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 11-14-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
                      Big difference between being patriotic and a nationalist.

Like complete polar opposites that people think are the same.
                      THANK YOU! I was hoping someone would state this. People are oversimplifying as usual on here.

Comment

Working...
                      X