No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman-Lopez, Garcia-Granados, Santa Cruz-Flores Are Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Ugas is also Porter's mandatory. He chose to go the WBC route instead of the IBF route. He pretty much had his pick there. So not true Porter is fighting Ugas mandatory...He is fighting HIS mandatory.
    Oh ok, didn’t know Ugas chosed to go after the WBC but makes sense!

No way he lasts 5 or 6 rounds with Spence, with Porter he atleast has somewhat of a chance since Porter is
    Coming off from a really tough fight to Danny Garcia!

As for Porter I can understand why he wouldn’t want to fight Spence after that grueling fight but after this then we need to see Spence vs Porter unification!

Comment

I wonder who is charge of this kind of matchmaking for the PBC? The reason why I ask is because it sucks and is pathetic. All of these are featured setup fights, in order for all of the marquee names to look good. Unfortunately, it's more likely than not, that all the good competitive and even match ups will probably be showcased and featured on Showtime Pay Per View.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        u aren’t looking at the big picture of my statement. By Garcia fighting Berto we would get Thurman-Granados so both would be decent. Garcia wouldn’t best down Berto the way Porter did. Completely different style.

Fox isn’t going to get the ratings they expect.
        Garcia would beat Berto easier than he will Granados. Would you pick Berto to beat Granados? Because I wouldn't.

And besides, Berto has a title shot lined up so would he even take the Garcia fight and risk his shot at the WBC title?

FOX aren't going to get much better ratings for Garcia/Berto as they would for Garcia/Granados. Same for Thurman/Lopez opposed to Thurman/Granados.

Comment

The only fight I don't like is the Leo fight. Solid comeback fight for Thurman and understandable tune up for Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
            Oh ok, didn’t know Ugas chosed to go after the WBC but makes sense!

No way he lasts 5 or 6 rounds with Spence, with Porter he atleast has somewhat of a chance since Porter is
            Coming off from a really tough fight to Danny Garcia!

As for Porter I can understand why he wouldn’t want to fight Spence after that grueling fight but after this then we need to see Spence vs Porter unification!
            The part that sucks is if Thurman wants to enforce his shot vs Porter it will have to happen before the Spence fight. Not that Thurman vs Porter II is bad or anything, just prefer Spence vs Porter at this point. But hey, it may end up leading us to getting Spence vs Thurman instead of Spence vs Porter and I'd be fine with that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by phr0zen2 View Post
              Leo needs to get active, can’t be active against all the top guys every time, he’ll take this on fox get a fight and exposure and then showtime will pick up the Russell fight.
              As much as we want GRJ and Santa Cruz, you can't say for sure that Showtime will pick up that fight cause of their schedules. Leo should want the top names. He is after all a WBA Super World featherweight champion

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                I wonder who is charge of this kind of matchmaking for the PBC? The reason why I ask is because it sucks and is pathetic. All of these are featured setup fights, in order for all of the marquee names to look good. Unfortunately, it's more likely than not, that all the good competitive and even match ups will probably be showcased and featured on Showtime Pay Per View.
                Thurman is coming off of a 2 year layoff and Garcia is coming off of a loss, who are they supposed to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  Thurman is coming off of a 2 year layoff and Garcia is coming off of a loss, who are they supposed to fight?
                  Both fights are fine. Forget the loss, Granados is a solid opponent for someone like Garcia until he gets a bigger name later in the year. Thurman vs Lopez has been rumored for damn near a year now and coming off his lay off, no problem. HOWEVER, there is nothing you can tell me about the Leo fight that won't make me disgusted at the match up. Just a terrible fight.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    They're not bad matchups. Could they be better? Sure. But compared to what everyone else is putting on this is okay.

Is Top Rank or Golden Boy or Matchroom doing better than this or at this level or worse?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Both fights are fine. Forget the loss, Granados is a solid opponent for someone like Garcia until he gets a bigger name later in the year. Thurman vs Lopez has been rumored for damn near a year now and coming off his lay off, no problem. HOWEVER, there is nothing you can tell me about the Leo fight that won't make me disgusted at the match up. Just a terrible fight.
                      I agree, we all know Gary russel Jr only fights once a year. So expect that fight later this year hopefully

Comment

Working...
                      X