Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Linares: Canelo is Best Pound-For-Pound Fighter in The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
    Ddidn't you see he beat the Mighty Jose Benavidez!

but in all seriousness even JCC, Sr. has Crawford as #1 PpP in my book is Loma first, Crawford or Canelo second, and Usyk 4rd with GGG and Mikey whichever on 5th place.
    How can l0m0 be ahead of Nelo?

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
      Anyone who has Canelo ahead of Loma, Usyk or Crawford needs their head inspected.
      Yes, I have all three ahead of him. I have no problem with anyone who have those three at the top of their list.

I personally have Usyk. I think what he does at his size is truly unique. Men that big with that kind of movement, output and skill you don't see often.

I think Loma and Spence are also uniquely talented. I am a bigger Crawford fan than either of those two but I just think he might be a level below.

Not much of a fan of the Spence-Garcia fight when the Loma-Garcia fight could be made first but oh well. This is boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
        Anyone who has Canelo ahead of Loma, Usyk or Crawford needs their head inspected.

I definitely think he should be ranked ahead of Usyk

even forgetting resume's

just based on who would win if all things were equal

based on skill/style/form.....

Lomachenko/Crawford
        Canelo
        Inoue/Garcia
        then probably Usyk

but in this thread Canelo is the top guy

Linares said

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          in the 36 rounds vs lara and ggg, Canelo only landed more punches in 11 of those rounds. But sure, it's fact that he deserved to win because some nut guzzling loser named j razor on an online forum says so. I can't believe that I'm explaining to what I assume is a grown man, the difference between fact and opinion.

punches ? .....

..... you mean, pitty-pat jabs..... right ?

sorry, they are not valid scoring criteria

not in the pro's anyway

and even in the am's, clean hard punching is rewarded/favored

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
            Go look it up, google it, hell even the greatest Canelo hater in Malignaggi said that Canelo probably pull it of. But according to yourself 3 rounds won by Lara encompass the whole 12 round fight? what the hell did Lara do after the 3rd Round?
            I saw only 2 of 38 on press row had Canelo winning and I also saw this video of Paulie, which proves again, that you're making stuff up. https://youtu.be/2eqhw-TY2Jk

And this one regarding lara fight. https://youtu.be/1_EiEYZT0ww

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
              Yes, I have all three ahead of him. I have no problem with anyone who have those three at the top of their list.

I personally have Usyk. I think what he does at his size is truly unique. Men that big with that kind of movement, output and skill you don't see often.

I think Loma and Spence are also uniquely talented. I am a bigger Crawford fan than either of those two but I just think he might be a level below.

Not much of a fan of the Spence-Garcia fight when the Loma-Garcia fight could be made first but oh well. This is boxing.

it looks like someone has no idea what P4P means

and no stupid, I am not picking on you

I am just reacting to your fanboy comments

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                Pound for pound gift recieved maybe. The guy has lost so many fights but got decisions.
                i only see 1 loss??? Please provide links with all these loses?? I think your looking at the wrong brother.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  it looks like someone has no idea what P4P means

and no stupid, I am not picking on you

I am just reacting to your fanboy comments
                  Didn't ready your post dummy . . . you know the drill dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    punches ? .....

..... you mean, pitty-pat jabs..... right ?

sorry, they are not valid scoring criteria

not in the pro's anyway

and even in the am's, clean hard punching is rewarded/favored
                    yeah, because Canelo was landing significant bombs in that fight right?? Gtfoh. Canelo did no damage and if you know boxing, you know that punches labeled "power punches" don't necessarily land with actual power. And Canelo didn't land any shots with any real significance vs lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      not sure I agree with Linares on that one

but for the arguments sake, that sounds pretty good to me today

Canelo is the best fighter in the world

which means... that Golovkin is not the best fighter in the world, right?
                      Canelo is better than GGG p4p you are correct. He moved up mulitple weight classes and beat the guy whos been there since birth.

Now If we consider GGG not very good then I can see why some ppl have Canelo outside of P4P top 5 or even top 10. But ive yet to see anyone woth GGG ranked hight P4P right now...So im cool with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X