Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Linares: Canelo is Best Pound-For-Pound Fighter in The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    show me one link referring to Jacobs as elite before he took Golovkin to the wire, and then looked average against Arias and Sulecki

Lomachenko is CLEARLY a level above Golovkin in terms of skill/ability..... it is an indictment on you, if you cannot see that

Only time will tell.

I like Loma but to say he’s clearly above GGG in skills is fairly delusional and blind. Either you *can’t* see the full scope of GGG’s ability or refuse to. I wouldnt rank GGG over Loma in an actual ranking as one just lost, but to go that far and say that? Yeah, I don’t know about that. That statement is reminiscent to the pac goggles.

I *would* pick GGG over Loma in a p4p fight though until Loma shows me more. Getting beat by a senior esque Salido (who wasnt the best in his division nor did anyone pretend he was) and dropped by Linares (also not the best in his division. Good, but not great.) does nothing to reassure me of him being a “level above” in skill.

GGG has shown to be immensely skilled against the p4p#1 fighter and I find it odd you would think that. One thing is saying he appears to be more skilled....another is claiming an entire “level”. Without proof, mind you.

If we want to be extreme, we can say Salido was more skilled. He won. He had more skill in applying his game. But no one wants to do that. It’s easier to say Loma beats a 40 year old now than it is to say what actually happened when they fought.

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      Only time will tell.

I like Loma but to say he’s clearly above GGG in skills is fairly delusional and blind. Either you *can’t* see the full scope of GGG’s ability or refuse to. I wouldnt rank GGG over Loma in an actual ranking as one just lost, but to go that far and say that? Yeah, I don’t know about that. That statement is reminiscent to the pac goggles.

I *would* pick GGG over Loma in a p4p fight though until Loma shows me more. Getting beat by a senior esque Salido (who wasnt the best in his division nor did anyone pretend he was) and dropped by Linares (also not the best in his division. Good, but not great.) does nothing to reassure me of him being a “level above” in skill.

GGG has shown to be immensely skilled against the p4p#1 fighter and I find it odd you would think that. One thing is saying he appears to be more skilled....another is claiming an entire “level”. Without proof, mind you.

If we want to be extreme, we can say Salido was more skilled. He won. He had more skill in applying his game. But no one wants to do that. It’s easier to say Loma beats a 40 year old now than it is to say what actually happened when they fought.

Lomachenko is CLEARLY a level above Plodkin

you just need to watch them fight

if they were naturally the same size, Lomachenko would outclass Golovkin

Comment

Working...
      X