Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: Callum Smith Is Too Big, Too Strong For Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
    Lol canelo would have beat on froch ass bad. canelo would have given ol boy a boxing lesson but more painful than the one ward gave him. froch seems like a bitter fool now; he was lucky to fight basic overated guys he also should have lost to direll
    Doubt it, Canelo is quite a way off Ward's package of skill and size. Canelo is great and much more skilfull, but he ain't that kind of great. Froch would chew him up

Im not the biggest fan of Froch the person but as a fighter he was an iron man, 15 round fighter, underrated boxing brain.

Comment

Agree with Froch. Right now Callum Smith beats maybe stops GGG. GGG had problems with big Jacobs. Size matters. But big Froch ducked prime GGG, like Canelo did. But old GGG didn't duck prime Canelo and beat peaking Cacelo twice ( official scores are BS) .

Comment

Froch probably wishes he fought GGG before riding off into the sunset.

Seemed like there was an opportunity there. Would have been a tough fight though unless he could have used his length like he did against Abraham.

Abraham just wasn’t very good at elite level at 168. His power was good but not debilitating enough for it to make a difference with one shot.

Smith is just very active with the jab. Around the Rocky Fielding fight being made there were a few posters saying Canelo would easily beat Smith.

Canelo SHOULDN’T be able to beat smith. 5’8 against almost 6’4 and Smith. Shouldn’t happen if Smith doesn’t over reach.

Comment

I don't see Canelo or GGG beating an elite SMW, but they aren't any elite fighters there so maybe they could beat all the current guys. Size matters but Froch bringing up just height. It's a shame Canelo-PWill never happened as it would stop this 'I'm 6ft so of course I'd beat Canelo and GGG' talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn926 View Post
            Foch forgets he was getting beat up during a boxing lesson from Taylor a career middle weight who would weigh under the 160 lb limit at times.. and probably the only reason he is where he is today is because he got a last second KO agaist a guy with brain injuries and mental health issues, but if any one still believes in the unbiased credibility of Froch just listen to his Bellew Usyk predictions
            Haha don't twist things because you don't like what he has to say. Taylor was a massive middleweight who outgrew 160lbs and moved up as his body matured. In reference to the fight, yes Taylor was outboxing him, Taylor also at times outboxed Hopkins and Winky 2 of the most skillfull pure boxers of modern times. Taylor had an awesome jab, a 6" 1" frame and a massive reach, the same reach as Usyk for that matter, who has a long reach for a cruiser...Think about that.

An inexperienced Froch at that level still found a way, that's what great fighters do, he won fair and square, and in hindsight you can tell he learned a lot from that fight. But don't try and downplay Taylor as having these problems during that camp/fight or make him out to be a smaller lesser fighter...he wasn't.

Comment

Canelo would have beat up Froch as badly as he beat Chavez Jr LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Froch probably wishes he fought GGG before riding off into the sunset.

Seemed like there was an opportunity there. Would have been a tough fight though unless he could have used his length like he did against Abraham.

Abraham just wasn’t very good at elite level at 168. His power was good but not debilitating enough for it to make a difference with one shot.

Smith is just very active with the jab. Around the Rocky Fielding fight being made there were a few posters saying Canelo would easily beat Smith.

Canelo SHOULDN’T be able to beat smith. 5’8 against almost 6’4 and Smith. Shouldn’t happen if Smith doesn’t over reach.
                Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                I don't see Canelo or GGG beating an elite SMW, but they aren't any elite fighters there so maybe they could beat all the current guys. Size matters but Froch bringing up just height. It's a shame Canelo-PWill never happened as it would stop this 'I'm 6ft so of course I'd beat Canelo and GGG' talk.
                yeah with fielding being the bigger man at over 6ft he will be favourite against canelo ? or does size only sometimes matter to these people ?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  It seems he brought Canelo's height up to emphasise the point, but I agree size matters, and also agree Canelo and GGG would fall short against most elite 168lbers, although depending on the styles I'd give Golovkin a good chance against some, him and Kessler would have been good when Kessler was at his peak. But guys like Calzaghe and Ward GGG would have very little chance

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                    yeah with fielding being the bigger man at over 6ft he will be favourite against canelo ? or does size only sometimes matter to these people ?
                    You have to equate the level of the fighter too, stupid question

Comment

I dont know about Smith, but GGG would have beaten the crap out of Froch.

Comment

Working...
                      X