Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: Callum Smith Is Too Big, Too Strong For Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: Callum Smith Is Too Big, Too Strong For Golovkin

Gennady Golovkin has plenty of options. If the former middleweight champion copies Canelo Alvarez's blueprint and moves up to super middleweight for his next fight, Carl Froch would advise against Golovkin challenging WBA 168-pound champion Callum Smith. The emerging Smith demolished George Groves in his last fight, which he won by seventh-round technical knockout in the World Boxing Super Series' super middleweight final September 28 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Quite an interesting interview from him

Comment

Lol canelo would have beat on froch ass bad. canelo would have given ol boy a boxing lesson but more painful than the one ward gave him. froch seems like a bitter fool now; he was lucky to fight basic overated guys he also should have lost to direll

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
        Quite an interesting interview from him
        It’s the same as all of his interviews. Reeks of bias and he always finds a way to mention himself. Froch is a typical old fighter he can’t quite give up the limelight

Comment

It's a real shame we never saw GGG-Froch. I partly blame fans like myself because I wrote it off a little at the time. Seemed like a poor man's GGG-Ward. Serves me right for always penalizing fights based on if someone lost to someone else. A lot of people did the same thing with Loma-Linares. But really, as much as I blame myself, the real culprit was me not understanding at the time how small GGG was. Based on the skill difference, and only one weight class difference, I thought it would be easy for GGG. In hindsight, I now realize GGG and Froch are really two divisions apart at least in natural size. So based on that, it would have been the fight to end all fights. Too bad it didn't happen.

Comment

Too strong for Canelo too... that's why Canelo cherry-picked the easiest alphabet title holder.

Froch vs GGG in the UK would have been something else...

Comment

Agree with Froch. Smith would stop GGG .

Comment

At this stage in gggs career, smith is too much.

Comment

Foch forgets he was getting beat up during a boxing lesson from Taylor a career middle weight who would weigh under the 160 lb limit at times.. and probably the only reason he is where he is today is because he got a last second KO agaist a guy with brain injuries and mental health issues, but if any one still believes in the unbiased credibility of Froch just listen to his Bellew Usyk predictions

Comment

Froch himself thought Cleverly was too big for him. He puts alot of stock in size.

Comment

Working...
                    X