Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Oleksandr Usyk, Tony Bellew - Ready For Manchester War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
    Bellew is already a millionaire he played a leading role in major hollywood movie and the guy has never even become a world champion. Impressive
    He was WBC champ briefly before moving up to fight Haye. He remains Champion Emeritus, I think... for another 30 hours or so.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-09-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Love Bellew. He’s great for boxing. Hope he accomplishes his goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        That wasn't a leading role and it certainly didn't pay him sell enough to retire on. Nonsense.
        He says he's earned more from some of his fights than he earned for playing Pretty Ricky. That said I think he did pretty well out of the Haye fights and he probably could retire very comfortably off that... dude's pretty down to earth I think, and I don't reckon he's a lavish spender. Could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          He says he's earned more from some of his fights than he earned for playing Pretty Ricky. That said I think he did pretty well out of the Haye fights and he probably could retire very comfortably off that... dude's pretty down to earth I think, and I don't reckon he's a lavish spender. Could be wrong though.
          Yup, that was my point. I'm sure he could retire now on the rest of his earnings as a fighter.

Comment

Usyk will content himself with outboxing Bellew all night long. He might have a maniac's look, but I believe he's good-hearted and won't ruin Bellew in front of his family.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this.

I like Tony but I really like Usyk. Have done since the ams.

He’s a bit of a boxing nomad and wins his huge fights away from home. He needs another home in boxing.

I think British boxing public are more ready than ever to take a foreigner fighter to their hearts. Usyk is one of the best fighters in the sport.

I just think the next phase of growth of boxing in the country would be a foreigner topping bills.

Been a pipe dream for a while but with the matchroom machine behind him. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                Usyk will content himself with outboxing Bellew all night long. He might have a maniac's look, but I believe he's good-hearted and won't ruin Bellew in front of his family.
                Usyk couldn’t crack an egg if he had a baseball bat.
                Offensively, he’s very lack luster (yes he can box), but defensively he’s very good.

It’s kinda interesting, as boring as Usyk is, I don’t hear people saying he’s boring to watch. I’m mean this guy literally almost put me to sleep as I attempted to watch some of his fights on Utube.

But u always use to hear people sounding off about Ward, and how boring he was.
                At least Ward was strong beyond measure, had pop, could hurt u bad, tear your guts up on the inside, mean hook game, excellent boxer, ect ect.

This guy Usyk just dances around like a pirouette, straight feather fisted with no excitement at all. And has the nerve to be talking about fighting Joshua, SMH !
                Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 11-09-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                  He sure does fight like he’s Good-Hearted, evidenced by how feather fisted he is.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                    Usyk couldn’t crack an egg if he had a baseball bat.
                    Offensively, he’s very lack luster (yes he can box), but defensively he’s very good.

It’s kinda interesting, as boring as Usyk is, I don’t hear people saying he’s boring to watch. I’m mean this guy literally almost put me to sleep as I attempted to watch some of his fights on Utube.

But u always use to hear people sounding off about Ward, and how boring he was.
                    At least Ward was strong beyond measure, had pop, could hurt u bad, tear your guts up on the inside, mean hook game, excellent boxer, ect ect.

This guy Usyk just dances around like a pirouette, straight feather fisted with no excitement at all. And has the nerve to be talking about fighting Joshua, SMH !
                    11 knockouts on 15 wins is not bad anyway. Usyk is a smart fighter, in that he doesn't waste energies. If he sees that sheer technique is enough to win, he will do that without risking anything. That surely can translate into boredom... for the boxing populace.

One can ruin a boxer even without knocking him out cold. For example, jabbing and punching him silly until the eyes can't take no more.

I'm with you on Ward, though. I never considered him boring and am one of the few who think he won the first Kovalev fight (and I was supporting the Krusher, mind you).

I will eat handfuls of humble pie if Bellew pulls the upset. But my not-so-sure bet for tomorrow night is Daud Yordan winning inside the limit against Ant Crolla.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      That wasn't a leading role and it certainly didn't pay him well enough to retire on. Nonsense.
                      I didn't say he made the money off that movie, Eddie hearn has made this guy a millionaire with matchroom. And yes it was one of the lead roles, next to Michael b Jordan, . Total sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X