Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Don't Think There is Anybody That Can Stop Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey Garcia
    Jose Ramirez
    Vergil Ortiz
    Last edited by REYESdelBOXEO; 11-04-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Baranchyk poses a major test. Martin pushed the pace last night and had Taylor on back foot working counter combos. Difference is Baranchyk hits harder and will Taylor have the confidence to ride these attacks and counter at same time. This fight is 50/50 & Taylor would be foolish to be looking at Prograis in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        See, there you go again insinuating that there was a clear illegal punch when it was stopped. Martin was being outboxed during the round, missing badly, took numerous hard shots before the "illegal" punch. The punch to the side happened BECAUSE Martin went deep into the pocket while Taylor was throwing..... not because Taylor was rabbit punching or targeting that area.

NOT a clear foul!

I agree that fouls should never be allowed even if a fighter is winning clearly..... but what we seen is a fighting incident.

You know Formula 1, when 2 cars come together and collide.... it's reviewed by the stewards right? it's either deemed a legitimate foul and penalty's are applied, or it's deemed a racing incident, and no action it taken.

I have reviewed the incident in this fight and deem it a boxing incident that happens often..... it just so happens the boxer that suffered was being soundly beaten and was looking for a way out.
        The bolded was essentially the only point I was trying to make... as to whether this was an instance of a clear foul -well nah... I saw it as one but it's disputable and I can't say definitively that it was wrong for action to continue.

What I will never understand is the idea that a foul should be treated differently depending on whether a fighter is having the snot beaten out of him or is on his last legs or whatever, yet that's the argument that I've seen some people appear to make. For me a foul is a foul... we wouldn't let let it go if a guy punched someone while he was down, so why would we ignore it if someone gets punched in the nuts or the back of the head just cos they look like they've lost anyway? Like I say - the refs discretion gives him the power to stop a fight at any time if he feels that one fighter is looking for an out or being outclassed - I just feel it's completely inappropriate to use the occasion of a foul for that purpose

Anyways - I've banged on enough about this already and said the same thing over more times than was really necessary, so I'll leave it there.

K

Comment

Originally posted by King coco View Post
          Lol. "Typical American" really? You know Regis is gonna win this whole tournament right? You think he's gonna quit and look for a way out? Youre wrong. I don't see how you can say that, when Americans always beat you guys😂 we don't take credit for Ryan Martin. He's not even a top 5 140lb in the US
          I don't agree with the 'typical American' comment, most of my fave fighters are American - Ward, Crawford, Floyd etc. I think Taylor has a very good chance of beating Prograis though. He's way better than Flanagan. The tournament is stacked with quality to be fair, Baranchyk will be a tough fight, but if Taylor beats him I'd make him slight favorite vs Prograis.

Comment

I agree. He is the man now at 140. He is going to be very hard to beat. He reminds me of a smaller version of Joe Calzaghe with the awkward angles, speed and southpaw stance.

Comment

Originally posted by citynation2k View Post
              Let's be clear. Josh Taylor is over-rated. Ryan Martin obviously over trained for this fight & he was clearly hit in the back of the head. If it was an american ref, I take it that he would of given Ryan an opportunity to at least get up. UK ref immediately calls the fight off...Not saying that Ryan would have won the fight, but that is absolutely ridiculous. If Ryan Martin hit Josh Taylor with the exact same behind the head shot, do you think the ref would have immediately stopped the fight? The answer. NO.
              it's like posts like this just sound so incredible asinine. "ryan martin clearly over trained"

How the **** would you know? and what does over training look like?

You don't know anything

Comment

Thats what he's supposed to be saying & how he's supposed to be thinking.

Comment

it'll take some fighter to beat him

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
                    it'll take some fighter to beat him
                    Taylor vs Prograis would make one hell of a final, and I don't see either of 'em getting beaten before that, even though both Relikh and Baranchyk are very good fighters in their own right.

Taylor and Prograis both come with bad intentions and while I rate Taylor as the more complete fighter in terms of technique I think Prograis has maybe more venom and a better one shot KO... really, really tough one to call.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      Taylor vs Prograis would make one hell of a final, and I don't see either of 'em getting beaten before that, even though both Relikh and Baranchyk are very good fighters in their own right.

Taylor and Prograis both come with bad intentions and while I rate Taylor as the more complete fighter in terms of technique I think Prograis has maybe more venom and a better one shot KO... really, really tough one to call.
                      great, tough fight if they make it to the final

Comment

Working...
                      X