Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Don't Think There is Anybody That Can Stop Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    The hypothetical bolded is exactly what should have happened (if Loughlin did indeed see the blow and considered it a foul). He needn't have even allowed the fight to continue after the recovery time as ridiculous as that might seem, he could then have just waved it off, but it would send the clear message that A FOUL SHOULD NEVER JUST BE IGNORED.

Incidentally, I'm not American and I was rooting for Taylor to win - he's among my favourite fighters right now.
    So you want to see a guy clearly out of his depth given a timeout in the corner, and then finished by Taylor as soon as the ref starts the fight again?

You're reaching here pal..... you make a good point and I understand where you are coming from, but you're not seeing the referee's point here.

This was not the illegal punch you think it was, it's not clear and happened when both fighters were square... one going forward while the other threw a hook (a normal punch that happens in nearly every fight and COULD be construed as illegal by **** people).

I will stop watching boxing if every behind the ear shot gives a fighter a timeout in the corner.... I'm done at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Amber_TKO View Post
      I think some people, usually those who ain't ever stepped foot in a ring before, feel cheated if they don't get a highlight reel KO. The fact neither Ryan Martin or Abel Sanchez had any problem with the stoppage kinda says it all.
      Martin wanted out of there from the 4th round onwards, look at his body language and the corner between rounds..... he was beat and it was only a matter of time before Taylor broke him down and KO'd him.

His reaction to getting hit round the side told me everything I need to Know about him..... he folded on the ropes.... a clear sign a fighter wants "No MAS"

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        How long have you watched boxing? have you seen inside fighters throwing hooks round the side? that's what Taylor done when Martin's momentum took him into the pocket. The hook landed behind the ear and if you want to be technical/**** about it, yes, it was an illegal punch.... but you really have to be **** about it and watch it from the camera angle and NOT from the referee's angle.

The referee seen a fighter being outboxed, giving off negative body language every round, missing constantly, being outboxed from a guy barely out of second gear, cut, bleeding..... then a hook lands round the side/back while he is deep in the pocket and he complains, then folds up on the ropes. turns his back, bends over "No Mas"!

This fighter has been beaten, is being broken down, an unintentional hook hits the side/back of his head and he folds.

Can you answer my question - if you were the referee what would you have done?
        I don't know, man, I'm not a referee, but if I were and I thought it was a foul man, I would like to think I'd call it. I would consider I had no choice. I might well stop the fight immediately afterwards though - like I said, there's a wider principle at stake in my mind. If you knew me better you'd also know that I've done plenty of stupid stuff over things I consider a matter of principle

Comment

Taylor beats Baranchyk and Prograis to win this tournament.

Comment

So you want to see a guy clearly out of his depth given a timeout in the corner, and then finished by Taylor as soon as the ref starts the fight again?

You're reaching here pal..... you make a good point and I understand where you are coming from, but you're not seeing the referee's point here.

This was not the illegal punch you think it was, it's not clear and happened when both fighters were square... one going forward while the other threw a hook (a normal punch that happens in nearly every fight and COULD be construed as illegal by **** people).

I will stop watching boxing if every behind the ear shot gives a fighter a timeout in the corner.... I'm done at that point.
            That would indeed be painful to watch, and I'm not asking you to agree that this particular punch should have been considered a foul. If Loughlin considered it was OK then he acted appropriately. Myself I differ, but that's me. Nah - what I think is important is that this argument that 'he was losing anyway' be put to bed as a justification for excusing fouls.

Comment

That would indeed be painful to watch, and I'm not asking you to agree that this particular punch should have been considered a foul. If Loughlin considered it was OK then he acted appropriately. Myself I differ, but that's me. Nah - what I think is important is that this argument that 'he was losing anyway' be put to bed as a justification for excusing fouls.
              The argument that "he was losing any way" is very important when discussing if a fight should be stopped, in this context.

When a fighter has lost every round, is clearly being beaten and out of his depth, facing a far superior opponent..... yes "he is losing any way" should come into it. I'd implore every referee to take that into account, and they do, as per the official BBBoC rules.

I've watched too many fights where I've been screaming at the TV for the ref to stop the fight, because it's not competitive.... Nick Blackwell is a good example.

When a fighter gives off clear signs he doesn't want to be there, takes an illegal shot and then folds..... clear sign that they want out IMO.

Comment

The argument that "he was losing any way" is very important when discussing if a fight should be stopped, in this context.

When a fighter has lost every round, is clearly being beaten and out of his depth, facing a far superior opponent..... yes "he is losing any way" should come into it. I'd implore every referee to take that into account, and they do, as per the official BBBoC rules.

I've watched too many fights where I've been screaming at the TV for the ref to stop the fight, because it's not competitive.... Nick Blackwell is a good example.

When a fighter gives off clear signs he doesn't want to be there, takes an illegal shot and then folds..... clear sign that they want out IMO.
                You see that's where we differ. I think that yeah, sure, stop the fight if the guys out of his depth, but under no circumstance ignore the foul. There's precedent and principle at stake... you want it to be seen as OK that a fighter who appears to be winning gets leeway to throw in the odd low shot or rabbit punch thinking it's OK as long as he stops the guy? So where do you draw the line? See what I'm saying. You want it to be seen that the rules don't count if you're already taking a beatdown..?

Stop the fight AFTER you've resolved the issue of the foul if the fight needs stopping.

Anyways, nice discussion , but I'm outta here now - bonfire party to get to. Good talking with you, man.

Comment

Lol. "Typical American" really? You know Regis is gonna win this whole tournament right? You think he's gonna quit and look for a way out? Youre wrong. I don't see how you can say that, when Americans always beat you guys😂 we don't take credit for Ryan Martin. He's not even a top 5 140lb in the US

Comment

You see that's where we differ. I think that yeah, sure, stop the fight if the guys out of his depth, but under no circumstance ignore the foul. There's precedent and principle at stake... you want it to be seen as OK that a fighter who appears to be winning gets leeway to throw in the odd low shot or rabbit punch thinking it's OK as long as he stops the guy? So where do you draw the line? See what I'm saying. You want it to be seen that the rules don't count if you're already taking a beatdown..?

Stop the fight AFTER you've resolved the issue of the foul if the fight needs stopping.

Anyways, nice discussion , but I'm outta here now - bonfire party to get to. Good talking with you, man.
                    See, there you go again insinuating that there was a clear illegal punch when it was stopped. Martin was being outboxed during the round, missing badly, took numerous hard shots before the "illegal" punch. The punch to the side happened BECAUSE Martin went deep into the pocket while Taylor was throwing..... not because Taylor was rabbit punching or targeting that area.

NOT a clear foul!

I agree that fouls should never be allowed even if a fighter is winning clearly..... but what we seen is a fighting incident.

You know Formula 1, when 2 cars come together and collide.... it's reviewed by the stewards right? it's either deemed a legitimate foul and penalty's are applied, or it's deemed a racing incident, and no action it taken.

I have reviewed the incident in this fight and deem it a boxing incident that happens often..... it just so happens the boxer that suffered was being soundly beaten and was looking for a way out.

Comment

It is a reason why he is one of the favorites but it won't be "EASY" vs Ivan in the next round and Kiryl Relikh won't be easy for Prograis but both I THINK will win but this is boxing you never know especially when guys have Power
                      Last edited by sicko; 11-04-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X