Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robeisy Ramirez being offered to promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prob go to top rank. But he shouldn’t. We know how he markets Cubans. I say gbp or pbc

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Eh. I think its early to make that criticism with these Matchroom USA guys. I think Matchroom UK moves there guys well & similar if not better than Top Rank. One of my issues with Top Rank is I think they move guys a lil too slow at times.

The one thing TR does specifically better then most is they build up good in house opponents for the guy they are looking to try to bump bigger/wider/more mainstream.
      Arum moved Lomachenko, Gvozdyk and Rigondeaux at a fine pace and has got it right with Stevenson, Lopez, Conlan and Dadashev so far too. He's not stuck in his old ways like Warren, he's shown he can move with the times. Hearn does take risks, which I appreciate, but they often feel abrupt. Arum moves his guys through the levels more smoothly, which I believe is usually better for development. And you're right, Arum will happily make in-house fights so I wouldn't worry about him protecting Shakur and Conlan from Robeisy if he promotes all three, his problem (from a fan's perspective) is just that he doesn't play nice with other promoters
      Last edited by NEETzsche; 10-31-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Hearn would be nice for the money, but let's be realistic. How well are you going to build a prospect on some app that nobody owns? Shakur Stevenson was the co-main event for the highest viewed boxing match of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
          Hearn would be nice for the money, but let's be realistic. How well are you going to build a prospect on some app that nobody owns? Shakur Stevenson was the co-main event for the highest viewed boxing match of the year.
          That's actually the big plus for TR. They have too many dates and not nearly a deep enough stable so their young fighters get featured quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            That's actually the big plus for TR. They have too many dates and not nearly a deep enough stable so their young fighters get featured quite a bit.
            True and Ramirez will win his early fights quickly. So he could fight on Crawford's undercard and be on the very next ESPN card for Jose Ramirez's undercard.

Comment

Sign with TR... they’re proven at developing these international amateur standouts. This guy has major skills, future world champion for sure

Comment

Yeah TR is definitely the best choice for a prospect. Just make sure you sign a short enough deal that you can start making your own moves once you reach the top.

Ramirez is different to other Cuban prospects in terms of his style and charisma, but I worry about his work ethic and dedication should he make it to a land of plenty like the US. Rumours are his relationship with the sport is very sporadic. Maybe that is due to feeling trapped in the Cuban system and that will go once he is in the pros? Hopefully, but a good chance its not as well.

Just have to wait and see I suppose. What I do know is this guy is one of the most talented amateur fighters Ive seen a long with the likes of Rigo, Loma and Julio Cesar La Cruz, and I would love to see how he translates to the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  Arum moved Lomachenko, Gvozdyk and Rigondeaux at a fine pace and has got it right with Stevenson, Lopez, Conlan and Dadashev so far too.
                  Loma wouldn't have signed with Bob if Bob hadn't been on board with him fighting for a belt so soon. Bob didn't make that decision. Loma did. He's a bad example.

And I can't argue with how Conlan or Shakur have been moved. I'd have to look into the other guys cuz idk off the top of my head with them.

He's not stuck in his old ways like Warren, he's shown he can move with the times. Hearn does take risks, which I appreciate, but they often feel abrupt. Arum moves his guys through the levels more smoothly, which I believe is usually better for development. And you're right, Arum will happily make in-house fights so I wouldn't worry about him protecting Shakur and Conlan from Robeisy if he promotes all three, his problem (from a fan's perspective) is just that he doesn't play nice with other promoters
                  As a fan I like some abrupt feeling risks made by promoters. Thats one of those things Arum virtually never does.

Like that Klitschko vs Joshua fight seemed like the perfect risk. And he's done that over & over with guys at all levels (thats why I'm a lil pissed I feel like he's protecting Joshua now in this Wilder sh^t cuz thats not usually how he operates).

Thats why I say Floyd is really good at that to. If you are with Hearn or Floyd & got your 0 still you got some legit skills usually cuz those two match you up in some closer fights early on. I think promoters should be putting on more competitive fights & creating names organically vs finding a guy you wanna make into a name.

Bob is gonna give you 80/20 fights all the way up the ladder til you are in a title fight & sometimes even then you aren't even taking worse than a 80/20 fight if he can avoid putting you in that deep. Thats usually when he'll risk it doe. I bet working with Loma took years off Bob's life lol.

Comment

Will come down to what his camp looks like, tbh.

If he's tied in with a leech like Gary Hyde or Caribe Promotions, he's kinda screwed; sign for as much guaranteed money as possible on as short a deal as is possible and chug along that way.

If he's tied to a backer that sees him being a great fighter and is ready to go on that ride with him, he's got a chance; get a trainer that he trusts, see if there's a conduit to Haymon, and take things on a fight-by-fight situation.

As good as they're doing with Shakur Stevenson, Joey Spencer has been brought along pretty good so far too (6 fights in his first year as a pro, great exposure for these developing fights so far, can easily fight another 6 times next year if health/camp call for it, and he should be ready to start the climb up the ranks in earnest in 2020).

Comment

I don't see him translating well personally.
                      Great amateur, obviously doing something right but I am ****ed if I know what it is in all honesty.
                      People will scoff, I don't see a great fighter. Very flawed imo with a lot of bad tendencies he somehow has got away with in the amateurs in particular his footwork which is odd for a Cuban.

Along with Zou Schiming or whatever he's called, one of the biggest overachievers I've seen in the amateurs.

I hope I'm wrong just not seeing the foundations of a great fighter. I think he's very sloppy at times constantly leaving his feet, squaring up, dropping his hands in range.
                      He has some horrible tendencies I don't think he'll get away with in the pros.

Comment

Working...
                      X