No announcement yet.

Robeisy Ramirez being offered to promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I don't see him translating well personally.
    Great amateur, obviously doing something right but I am ****ed if I know what it is in all honesty.
    People will scoff, I don't see a great fighter. Very flawed imo with a lot of bad tendencies he somehow has got away with in the amateurs in particular his footwork which is odd for a Cuban.

Along with Zou Schiming or whatever he's called, one of the biggest overachievers I've seen in the amateurs.

I hope I'm wrong just not seeing the foundations of a great fighter. I think he's very sloppy at times constantly leaving his feet, squaring up, dropping his hands in range.
    He has some horrible tendencies I don't think he'll get away with in the pros.
    I think Ramirez is very talented. I don't think he is at the same level as Rigo or Loma were, despite winning two Olympic Gold medals like them.
    He is way more flawed than either of those guys and he was really inconsistent. Whereas Loma and Rigo were very consistent.
    I was having an discussion with some people on who was the best amateur post-Lomachenko and of course many said Ramirez, due to him winning two Olympic Gold medals. I always said Yeleussinov was technically more impressive and named him. La Cruz was also technically more impressive in my opinion.

The thing that worries me about Ramirez is his inconsistency and lack of dedication.
    It's going to be interesting to see how he adapts. He will need to be dedicated.
    He looks to have a style made for professional boxing, but only time will tell.

Comment

By the way, Top Rank doesn't make everyone they sign into a star.
      What Ramirez needs right now is to be really active. Matchroom is the company that can offer him more dates.
      Matchroom is the way to go for Ramirez.

Comment

Cuban fighters would be CRAZY not to go with the DeCubas Family! Just look at how Lara career played out and the money he has made and the big fights he has received compared to his fellow Cubans who many of them was shunned from the opportunity and never received the big paydays because of their "fighting style"

He would be out of his mind to go to Top Rank considering how Rigo and even Gamboa was treated while with Top Rank. I remember Gamboa was flat out denied the JuanMa Lopez fight by Bob Arum because Arum I guess felt JuanMa could be his next Cotto (damn was he wrong ) and we know how Rigo was treated

So yeah for Robeisy Ramirez, DeCubas Jr and PBC makes the most sense GBP wouldn't be bad either! Matchroom wouldn't be bad either depending on which Division he debuts at
        Last edited by sicko; 10-31-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Cuban fighters would be CRAZY not to go with the DeCubas Family! Just look at how Lara career played out and the money he has made and the big fights he has received compared to his fellow Cubans who many of them was shunned from the opportunity and never received the big paydays because of their "fighting style"

He would be out of his mind to go to Top Rank considering how Rigo and even Gamboa was treated while with Top Rank. I remember Gamboa was flat out denied the JuanMa Lopez fight by Bob Arum because Arum I guess felt JuanMa could be his next Cotto (damn was he wrong ) and we know how Rigo was treated

So yeah for Robeisy Ramirez, DeCubas Jr and PBC makes the most sense GBP wouldn't be bad either! Matchroom wouldn't be bad either depending on which Division he debuts at
          Good point. Some would argue that Lara was less talented than Gamboa and Rigondeaux, but his career was much better, longer and lucrative. He's getting another shot at the title right after the Hurd loss too.

Comment

Working...
          X