Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Garcia make the final bell vs Spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he has the combination of skills and toughness to last the distance.

Comment

Sad to say cuz im Garcia fan but no he gets stopped here really.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
        Which is true but proof of how irrational most fans are.
        Spence is a humongous welter. he could move up to 160 right now and fit right in. it's not irrational to expect a giant mofo to squash a little guy like Mikey who will not have any power to keep him at distance. 5 rounds tops.

Comment

Yes, M. Garcia not only makes it the distance but he scores the only KD's in the fight.

Comment

I'd honestly be surprised if he lasts more than 8 rounds.

Comment

I expect him to do very well in the first half of the fight. Hell, I'll even have him pitching a shutout. However, when it comes down the stretch of the fight, is when Garcia is going to find the most trouble.

Mikey's stamina, speed and power would all come into question. Simply put, I just don't think he has the size or power to keep Spence off of him.

He will definitely has the speed advantage. However as Spence comes in and closes that gap with those vicious and savage attacks to the body of his; Mikey will eventually succumb and fold.

I got Spence by late round TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                Garcia is good and all but i saw another side of him when Salido took him to the brink. His toughness and durablity is still a question mark imo.. he looked like he wanted to quit against Salido so i wonder what happens whe. a bigger and better opponent like spence hurts him.
                yea I remember that I was thinking the same thing that he wanted to quit but we will have to wait to see.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
                  yea I remember that I was thinking the same thing that he wanted to quit but we will have to wait to see.
                  Another thing about Garcia is that he never wanted to be a boxer. He was kind of pushed into it since he comes from a boxing family. He started taking the sport more seriously once he realiZed that he was really good at it but still, he sees it as more of a sport than anything else. Fighters with that kind of mentality dont mind quitting when the going gets tough.

We’ll see where his head is at against Spence.

Comment

I just wonder what Mikey sees here because I know him being the careful matchmaker sees huge flaws. I personally don't think too highly of Spence either so I wouldn't be surprised if Mikey lasts the distance or even pulls it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                      If he does Spence will lose major respect. I'm expecting a one sided destruction. 5 rounds tops.
                      I don't get this. Garcia is a legit top 5 P4P fighter. Why should he get destroyed in five rounds? Early on the fights are more so about skills and Garcia will hold his own. Will he eventually get worn out and stopped? Probably, but to expect Garcia to get washed in five? You may be in for a rude awakening. Garcia just won the 140 pound title last year and beat Broner at that weight class. Who at 140 would you pick over Garcia? Likely no one right? And he would compete with and beat other top WWs like DSG/Porter/etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X