Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs: We Absolutely Want Canelo Unification!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    You can book this fight for 2019 makes too much sense. If not May definitely Sept.
    That's very true and I agree.

Comment

Or Gilberto Ramirez at 168

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever
        I agree that Canelo is the better boxer and punches way faster than Jacobs. That's a fact that cannot be refuted.

However, where we disagree is on the punching power. I am more than convinced that Jacobs is a much stronger puncher than Alvarez because he is been stopping and knocking out opponents who are naturally larger and stronger than Canelo at the Middleweight division for his entire career.

If Canelo is even half the puncher that you say he is then he should have stopped Golovkin in his last fight but couldn't because he lacked the size and power. In addition, Jacobs have an overall higher KO percentage ratio over Canelo too; Even while fighting at 160 his whole career. Where as Alvarez started his career at 140.
        Why didn't Jacobs even come close to hurting GGG despite landing flush punches?

The punch that hurts most is the punch you don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowballer View Post
          Why didn't Jacobs even come close to hurting GGG despite landing flush punches?

The punch that hurts most is the punch you don't see.
          The same reason why he carried Sergey Derevyanchenko. He was fighting off his back foot. Now let me ask you a question; Why are you posting on a troll alt account? Why don't you post on one of your main accounts?

Comment

If you're all that Jacobs, and you and you're team understand anything about how Canelo and GBP operate, you will need to claim Andrade's WBO belt (if you can) because whoever can carry those last two pieces of the undisputed puzzle will have considerable bargaining power.

Come in with just the one belt, and Canelo will almost surely 'marinate' you while he pursues greener pastures.

The only way to bring this prima donna and his team to the MW table is to present with the remaining belts ie: on equal terms. It gives thee the right to say Canelo is not the top dog at MW because he has only fought twice for big paydays against GGG in what were undoubtedly dubious decisions. If Andrade or Jacobs present with two belts, then they can claim to be the better Mw by virtue of fighting more Mw's and the more meaningful fights, mock Canyello for his ridiculous 168-pound fight against a secondary WBA belt holder when he has plenty of opportunities at Mw.

If we go back, Canelo has a pattern of dodging the 160's. He fought Cotto at 155, then Smith at 154, then Khan at 154, then JCCjr at 164, two fights with GGG which in reality he lost the first fight (closely) then tested positive for Clenbuterol, a slap on the wrist, then he's in the ring again with GGG for what I saw was a strong case for a draw or narrow Golovkin win- leaving the man obviously distressed and disappointed as we have not heard anything from Golovkin since that night, while Canelo continues to yo-yo around the divisions as if it's his private theme park with no respect for those at 160 who have earnt the right to a shot.

I conclude the guy is a talented fighter, but an absolute prik.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              The same reason why he carried Sergey Derevyanchenko. He was fighting off his back foot. Now let me ask you a question; Why are you posting on a troll alt account? Why don't you post on one of your main accounts?
              This is my one and only account on this site. What exactly gave you the impression I'm a troll account?

Comment

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
                IN YOUR REALITY-DISTORTED DREAMS.

A two-divisions bigger Jacobs back-pedaled and was dropped by A WAY SMALLER GGG.

GGG tried to hurt Canelo in two fights and HE DID NOTHING TO HIM, NOTHING AT ALL, and not only that, in the 2nd meeting, JUST BECAUSE CANELO DECIDED TO MAN UP AT LAST, GGG for the 1st time in his whole pro career, was FORCED to back up all 12 rounds, got a busted face in the end and I am pretty sure his stomach was hurt very badly and he must have vomited blood the next day, at a hospital.

IF SOMEONE HAS THE ABILITY TO DEFEAT AND KO Jacobs even if he comes two divisions bigger than Canelo on fight night, that one is Canelo himself, never the other way around. Canelo is a better boxer, he is faster and punches harder. Additionally, it seems he FINALLY has taken care of the stamina issue. I really want to see that fight happen ASAP to prove all this stuff I wrote is true.
                I agree that Canelo is the better boxer and punches way faster than Jacobs. That's a fact that cannot be refuted.

However, where we disagree is on the punching power. I am more than convinced that Jacobs is a much stronger puncher than Alvarez because he is been stopping and knocking out opponents who are naturally larger and stronger than Canelo at the Middleweight division for his entire career.

If Canelo is even half the puncher that you say he is then he should have stopped Golovkin in his last fight but couldn't because he lacked the size and power. In addition, Jacobs have an overall higher KO ratio percentage than Canelo too; Even while fighting at 160 his whole career. Where as Alvarez started his career at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowballer View Post
                  This is my one and only account on this site. What exactly gave you the impression I'm a troll account?
                  Nice try but I have been posting on this site for many years now. Therefore, I can discern between someone's primary account from an alternate or a troll account. Are you new to this website? If so then welcome; I hope that you enjoy your time here

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                    If you're all that Jacobs, and you and you're team understand anything about how Canelo and GBP operate, you will need to claim Andrade's WBO belt (if you can) because whoever can carry those last two pieces of the undisputed puzzle will have considerable bargaining power.

Come in with just the one belt, and Canelo will almost surely 'marinate' you while he pursues greener pastures.

The only way to bring this prima donna and his team to the MW table is to present with the remaining belts ie: on equal terms. It gives thee the right to say Canelo is not the top dog at MW because he has only fought twice for big paydays against GGG in what were undoubtedly dubious decisions. If Andrade or Jacobs present with two belts, then they can claim to be the better Mw by virtue of fighting more Mw's and the more meaningful fights, mock Canyello for his ridiculous 168-pound fight against a secondary WBA belt holder when he has plenty of opportunities at Mw.

If we go back, Canelo has a pattern of dodging the 160's. He fought Cotto at 155, then Smith at 154, then Khan at 154, then JCCjr at 164, two fights with GGG which in reality he lost the first fight (closely) then tested positive for Clenbuterol, a slap on the wrist, then he's in the ring again with GGG for what I saw was a strong case for a draw or narrow Golovkin win- leaving the man obviously distressed and disappointed as we have not heard anything from Golovkin since that night, while Canelo continues to yo-yo around the divisions as if it's his private theme park with no respect for those at 160 who have earnt the right to a shot.

I conclude the guy is a talented fighter, but an absolute prik.
                    So there you are!!! You finally muster all that courage to resurface the earth, just to continue your emotional, derange and Butt hurt hate for GGGs daddy? Welcome back midget minded little dude!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      If Canelo fights Jacobs they won't strip him they always allow unifications to Trump mandatories let alone allow a ton of exceptions for big fights.
                      I know they won't but, they should, only because they named Charlo Interim Champion, but they haven't ordered the champion to fight him yet, and it's been over a year!

Comment

Working...
                      X