Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: Lomachenko beats Mayweather at 135lbs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Not really, you can't say would Floyd lose to Salido in his 2nd fight when he turned pro at the age of 19, compared to Lomachenko who was 25 years old. Does that not make a difference to you?
    Salido didn't have the style to beat Floyd and/or Salido just wasn't good enough.

Salido was in your face, but he got hit clean very often. Floyd (at the lower weights) was a killer. Loma is a boxer-puncher who hurts opponents through accumulation.

Floyd would've sparked any version of Salido at any point in time

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Pro experience is very important. The pro game is a lot different than the amateur game. He didn't answer my question which is telling.
      Pro experience is important indeed, but Lomachenko had almost 400 amateur fights and lets not forget six fights in the world series of boxing.

So lets say Floyd has all that and is 26 years old when he faces Salido, I say yes he does beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
        Yea and that's why Loma was a heavy favorite against Salido.

Now riddle me that kind sir
        That makes no sense. The point is that no fighter has taken that kind of risk in their second pro fight. Even some of the greatest amaterus have needed a few fights against less than championship quality opposition to acclimate themselves to the pro game. Lomachenko didn't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
          Floyd would KO that commie

Hey Flagboy. I see the board turned you red with a rep power of zero for all your America is great and the rest of the world sucks BS and your disgusting disrespect and constant vicious attacks on great champions from Russia or nearby. News flash for you Flagboy. Loma and GGG never read the nasty stuff you post about them. They are doing great. They both make more money for one fight than you will probably make in your entire life. They are champions. What are you except a hateful boxing fan hating on great champions you don't know who never did you wrong while worshiping Mayweather as if he could walk on water.

Comment

Pro experience is important indeed, but Lomachenko had almost 400 amateur fights and lets not forget six fights in the world series of boxing.

So lets say Floyd has all that and is 26 years old when he faces Salido, I say yes he does beat him.
            He could have had 1,000 amateur fights but that doesn't mean **** because the pro game is different. That's why great amateurs don't always become great pros and great pros were not all great amateurs.

Comment

We know, we know. Floyd loses to anyone and everyone in these fantasy fights. He's the worst ever. Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                He could have had 1,000 amateur fights but that doesn't mean **** because the pro game is different. That's why great amateurs don't always become great pros and great pros were not all great amateurs.
                That's fine, the six world boxing series fights would have helped. The loss in the long run doesn't impact Lomachenko all that much, but doesn't mean Floyd had the age 26 having his grown man strength plus 400 amateur fights and six world boxing series fights wouldn't have beaten Salido in his 2nd fight.

Comment

How did you not see that? Were you seeing what you wanted to see? It was damn near an even fight up until the 10th round.
                  I don't think so. I think Loma had an easy time more or less, used a few rounds to figure him out - played around and got clipped, then knocked out the bigger man.

Really, it wasn't a fight where Loma was stretched or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    Only person I can think of that prime floyd struggled with was JLC. Below Loma, probably. But totally different styles. JLC would have give Loma hell too.
                    I think Loma would have beaten JLC easier than Floyd did. People here acting like Loma hasn't beaten some great fighters, that's just not true.

Floyd was a great fighter, so is Lomachenko. Just because Floyd wasn't beaten (officially) doesn't mean he couldn't be beaten.

I think Lomachenko would definitely cause him a lot of issues and could potentially beat him. Definitely not out of the realm of possibility like some guys would have you believe.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      I think Loma would have beaten JLC easier than Floyd did. People here acting like Loma hasn't beaten some great fighters, that's just not true.

Floyd was a great fighter, so is Lomachenko. Just because Floyd wasn't beaten (officially) doesn't mean he couldn't be beaten.

I think Lomachenko would definitely cause him a lot of issues and could potentially beat him. Definitely not out of the realm of possibility like some guys would have you believe.
                      I dont think you know enough about JLC. I suggest you watch his fights against Stevie Johnston. He was never an easy out for anyone in his prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X