Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murata: I'm Not Good With Quick Feet Fighters, I Took a Beating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    Too bad a quitter like Kovalev dominated Bernard Hopkins (a Hopkins who did no meaningful drug testing to top it all off). That makes BHop look pretty bad. And a quitter already at past prime age of 33 years old, drunk and not training, lasted 12 rounds vs Ward (he cant even make a quitter quit? Must not be very good either), knocked down Ward in the 2nd, almost dropped Ward to the body in the 12th (What's that quitter doing lasting to the 12th and still dishing out big damage in the first place? Damn Ward you letting your fans down!), and beat Ward on Ward's home soil.

I know what you're going to say, Hopkins was past his prime. Well to that I say, so were GGG and Kovalev! I know what you're going to say to that, "Hopkins was 49, GGG is only 36." Well I can play that game as well. At 36 years old, Roy Jones got knocked out two fights in a row to lesser opponents than Canelo. At 33 years old, Marvin Hagler already showed his age vs Leonard and then retired, and that was without good drug testing, meaning Hagler and Leonard both had a potential BENEFIT that GGG did not have which should have made Hagler have a LONGER prime than GGG did, and yet GGG still IMO beat Canelo twice 2-3 years after the age Hagler retired.

And I can go on for hours with examples of all the top fighters, even ones with clean lifestyles like GGG, who declined at age 30, 31, or 32 usually at the latest. And that's because that's normal. Anything after 31 years old is usually past prime in almost every sport unless you are using PEDs, or you're a rare exception to the rule.

So you are celebrating hollow victories. Canelo ducked prime GGG, and Ward ducked prime Kovalev choosing to stay weight bullying at 168 for years instead of fight the best guys his size. They never fought prime GGG or prime Kovalev, so they have no wins over prime GGG or prime Kovalev, they have no wins at all that count or mean anything outside of corrupt and therefore meaningless official Vegas decisions. If you were objective, you would never say prime Ward is better than prime Kovalev or prime Canelo is better than prime GGG any more than you would ever say that prime Joe Calzaghe is better than prime Roy Jones Jr and prime Bernard Hopkins. But since you are biased, your standards change with the wind, and you never keep your standards consistent, so posts like this one you made that I quoted are what result from your double standards. In the words of Nate Diaz, Im not surprised.
    Don't waste your breath on this guy. The thread is about Brant and his well earned victory. This numbskull has to ruin the thread by ragging on Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
      This dude is way too real. Very honest. Rare in a boxer.
      Its refreshing isnt It? I Hope he bounces back from this defeat. He is one of the good guys in boxing.

Comment

Still very raw emotions here. Hope he takes a week away and gets his head right. He has enough talent to bounce back. I love his honesty, but he did not stink up the place. He got beat. Watch the tape. Work the bad. Improve. This guy has got talent. He can easily have a few great years with some defensive improvements and learning how to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Don't waste your breath on this guy. The thread is about Brant and his well earned victory. This numbskull has to ruin the thread by ragging on Golovkin.
          Yeah, what I was thinking. Unhealthy to have that much of a fixation on a freaking boxer. Almost posted a reply, then decided to save my energy for something more important, like trying to perfect peeing upwind.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Too bad a quitter like Kovalev dominated Bernard Hopkins (a Hopkins who did no meaningful drug testing to top it all off). That makes BHop look pretty bad. And a quitter already at past prime age of 33 years old, drunk and not training, lasted 12 rounds vs Ward (he cant even make a quitter quit? Must not be very good either), knocked down Ward in the 2nd, almost dropped Ward to the body in the 12th (What's that quitter doing lasting to the 12th and still dishing out big damage in the first place? Damn Ward you letting your fans down!), and beat Ward on Ward's home soil.

I know what you're going to say, Hopkins was past his prime. Well to that I say, so were GGG and Kovalev! I know what you're going to say to that, "Hopkins was 49, GGG is only 36." Well I can play that game as well. At 36 years old, Roy Jones got knocked out two fights in a row to lesser opponents than Canelo. At 33 years old, Marvin Hagler already showed his age vs Leonard and then retired, and that was without good drug testing, meaning Hagler and Leonard both had a potential BENEFIT that GGG did not have which should have made Hagler have a LONGER prime than GGG did, and yet GGG still IMO beat Canelo twice 2-3 years after the age Hagler retired.

And I can go on for hours with examples of all the top fighters, even ones with clean lifestyles like GGG, who declined at age 30, 31, or 32 usually at the latest. And that's because that's normal. Anything after 31 years old is usually past prime in almost every sport unless you are using PEDs, or you're a rare exception to the rule.

So you are celebrating hollow victories. Canelo ducked prime GGG, and Ward ducked prime Kovalev choosing to stay weight bullying at 168 for years instead of fight the best guys his size. They never fought prime GGG or prime Kovalev, so they have no wins over prime GGG or prime Kovalev, they have no wins at all that count or mean anything outside of corrupt and therefore meaningless official Vegas decisions. If you were objective, you would never say prime Ward is better than prime Kovalev or prime Canelo is better than prime GGG any more than you would ever say that prime Joe Calzaghe is better than prime Roy Jones Jr and prime Bernard Hopkins. But since you are biased, your standards change with the wind, and you never keep your standards consistent, so posts like this one you made that I quoted are what result from your double standards. In the words of Nate Diaz, Im not surprised.
            Dude. Stop it. Say what you want about Ward and whoever else, but giving credit to Kovalev for his Hopkins win is, I don’t even know. I don’t want to be insulting in any way, so I’ll just say it is ridiculous.

ANYTHING Hopkins did after he beat Pavlik is extra. The wins he has over Pascal, Cloud, Shumenov, and whoever else he beat after that added to his legacy, but nobody gets credit for beating a 50 year old fighter. I don’t care how may steroids you think he was taking. Kovalev went 12 rounds w Hopkins ancient ass. You’ve got no room insulting ward for decisioning him and stopping him in back to back fights.

Comment

Andre Ward...take notes, this is how you handle a comprehensive beatdown/loss

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                Dude. Stop it. Say what you want about Ward and whoever else, but giving credit to Kovalev for his Hopkins win is, I don’t even know. I don’t want to be insulting in any way, so I’ll just say it is ridiculous.

ANYTHING Hopkins did after he beat Pavlik is extra. The wins he has over Pascal, Cloud, Shumenov, and whoever else he beat after that added to his legacy, but nobody gets credit for beating a 50 year old fighter. I don’t care how may steroids you think he was taking. Kovalev went 12 rounds w Hopkins ancient ass. You’ve got no room insulting ward for decisioning him and stopping him in back to back fights.
                You are seriously trying to say Ward deserved to win the first fight? Lol...one of the clearest robberies in all of sports that I can ever recall. And second fight there was a lot of controversy there as well...Ward was getting outboxed again probably 5-2 before the controversial stoppage, hardly something to brag about...

Comment

There sure seem to be a lot of Nincompoops Insulting Gennady Golovkin Every Response Sadly in these threads on here....if only there was a shorter word we could call them...

Comment

This isn't why clenelo won't fight Jacobs,Andrade nor Charlo.

Comment

I just saw that fight and I felt sick from the dizziness of watching Murata follow Brant around the ring, round after round. It was unbelievable. Murata has virtually zero ring IQ.

Comment

Working...
                      X