Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Machado: Everyone Knows I'm Real WBA Champ, Not Gervonta Davis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    That's a lie. They've always had more than one champion. Youth champion, continental champion, international champion, world champion, etc etc.

Then stop watching boxing. It's the most corrupt sport that's ever existed, even worse than wrestling.

that's what journalists have done since 2001 and that's what created this mess. Journalists are supposed to cover the news, not create it. By lying about who the WBA world champion was, journalists allowed the WBA to get away with having multiple fighters recognized as world champion. If you just stuck to the facts of who the world champion was, you wouldn't have this confusion.

That's a lie. There's no such thing as regular champion. The WBA's ratings clearly say SUPER CHAMPION and WORLD CHAMPION. It doesn't say regular champion anywhere.

son, what the fk is wrong with you ?

you are a fkn tool for denying the three WBA champions were...
    * super
    * regular
    * interim

this article is from THIS month, and I could post you dozens more

Jarrell Miller To Fight For WBA 'Regular' Title, Says Salita
    https://www.boxingscene.com/jarrell-...salita--132337

here is Crawford's rant..... again, from this month...
    Crawford: Pacquiao is NO Champion, Thurman is WBA Champ
    https://www.boxingscene.com/crawford...-champ--132585

and here is why, in Mendoza's own words lol.....

WBA Prez Hopes To Eliminate Multiple Title Problem By Mid-2019

"In several divisions, there is a WBA "regular" champion or the secondary champion, and then there is the WBA "super" champion, who is regarded by most as the true champion - but that's the case in every division.

While initially the idea of two champions in each weight class brought the WBA double the sanctioning fees, Mendoza realized that it did more harm than good - because the "regular" champion was usually not respect as a beltholder and the idea created widespread confusion over the recognizable WBA champion.

Even at heavyweight, there will be a fight for the vacant "regular" title between Fres Oquendo and Alexander Ustinov, while mega-star Anthony Joshua is the "super" champion."

"I am focused on only having a single champion [in each weight class]. There are members of the past directory that say there are weight categories that deserve a regular champion where there is a super champion, but I am very fussy about that subject," said Mendoza to ESPN Deportes.
    "

https://www.boxingscene.com/wba-prez...d-2019--121938

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      how many titles did the WBA have in each division back when Ali was fighting?
      Several, but just like now, they only had one world champion. Nobody is forcing you to pretend that a super championship is a world championship. If you were pretending that a north american championship was a world championship, and then complained about there being two world championships, it would be your fault.

Comment

son, what the fk is wrong with you ?

you are a fkn tool for denying the three WBA champions were...
        * super
        * regular
        * interim
        Show me where it mentions a regular champion anywhere in the WBA ratings. You can't. There's no such thing. It's just a slang term for the world champion when the division also has a super champion.

Comment

the WBC are as corrupt as anyone else you cawk-sucker
          Then why has every organization except for the WBC been caught taking bribes?

Comment

there's only one way this should be settled...

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              The wba,wbc and wbo are all overly corrupt in plain view.

The ibf used to be corrupt, but is now on the straight and narrow. Unfortunately it has the worst ranked fighters I have ever seen.

All praise the ibo? LOL
              The IBF have the worst roster of fighters exactly because they are the least corrupt, man. I mean, ****, who wants to pay good money to a sanctioning org that's gonna actually make you follow the rules?

Comment

I remember reading about this when the Davis Cuellar fight happened. Unbelievable. WBA was supposed to clean out all the champs they had to have 1 in every division yet just keep on riding those sanctioning fees. Although it isn't right the only way to solve this is for Machado and Davis to fight.

Comment

That's not exactly what happened. He knocked out the former WBA super champion who had already been stripped of the title for missing weight. In the process, he won the vacant WBA world championship. This is a perfect example of why people shouldn't just pretend the super championship is the world championship and that the world championship isn't the world championship. Best to just stick with the truth.

Machado had the misfortune of coming along when the WBA was legitimately trying to get rid of the WBA super championship. Promoters like Mayweather pressuring the WBA to bring the super championship back is the reason the WBA gave up on reducing titles. The promoters don't want them to reduce. The networks don't want them to reduce. Nobody in the industry wants them to reduce, except for maybe the IBO, who lost a ton of momentum thanks to the super championship.
                  This is absolutely false information...the WBA super championship didn't become vacant, Machado won it ! If the champion misses weight the Challenger can still win the super title that his opponent held before the fight. Machado KO'd Jezreel Corrales who lost his title on the scales to win the 'vacant' super WBA world championship belt. Even though the champion misses weight it doesn't affect the opportunity for the Challenger to win the strap. Machado is the legit WBA super champion. He was WBA super champion several months untill that shady fight With Gervonta Davis and Cuellar was suddenly announced for it. The only reason that Davis is champion right now is because of money. The WBA is corrupt as ****.

Comment

Several, but just like now, they only had one world champion. Nobody is forcing you to pretend that a super championship is a world championship. If you were pretending that a north american championship was a world championship, and then complained about there being two world championships, it would be your fault.

FACT: they had one major title you shlt-talker

so your point about Ali was..... wasted

nobody is forcing you to pretend that Mendoza did not say this...

There are members of the past directory that say there are weight categories that deserve a regular champion where there is a super champion, but I am very fussy about that subject," said Mendoza

Comment

Show me where it mentions a regular champion anywhere in the WBA ratings. You can't. There's no such thing. It's just a slang term for the world champion when the division also has a super champion.

There are members of the past directory that say there are weight categories that deserve a regular champion where there is a super champion, but I am very fussy about that subject," said Mendoza

FACT: you are a dumb cvnt for being unaware that the THREE WBA titles were called super/regular/interim, FOR YEARS

I don't give a fcuk what you/they, have decided to call them now

EVERYONE knows the WBA titles were super/regular/interim..... and EVERYONE knows that two of those titles did not exist back in Ali's day

you are talking bollocks

Comment

Working...
                      X