Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Machado: Everyone Knows I'm Real WBA Champ, Not Gervonta Davis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Yes, I agree. I revoked the WBA's recognition in 2001 and I never recognized the WBO. So for me, there are only two world championships. WBC and IBF. I revoked the IBF's recognition after the bribery scandal, but gave it back after they ended up becoming the most honest sanctioning body in history.
    you can change your user name to wbc ibf now

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      I don't care what other sports do

this is boxing, and until reasonably recently (I have been around forever)..... each official sanctioning body appointed only one champion
      That's a lie. They've always had more than one champion. Youth champion, continental champion, international champion, world champion, etc etc.

I do not recognize greed and corruption
      Then stop watching boxing. It's the most corrupt sport that's ever existed, even worse than wrestling.

a number of journalists recently penned (two from this very site) that they refused to recognize the WBA junior titles, and only recognize the WBA super-champ
      That's what journalists have done since 2001 and that's what created this mess. Journalists are supposed to cover the news, not create it. By lying about who the WBA world champion was, journalists allowed the WBA to get away with having multiple fighters recognized as world champion. If you just stuck to the facts of who the world champion was, you wouldn't have this confusion.

btw, the WBA titles were known as.....
      * super champion
      * regular champion
      * interim champion
      That's a lie. There's no such thing as regular champion. The WBA's ratings clearly say SUPER CHAMPION and WORLD CHAMPION. It doesn't say regular champion anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        you can change your user name to wbc ibf now
        This user name wasn't chosen as any sort of endorsement of the sanctioning bodies. This name was chosen because three separate posters, who had separate accounts, happened to be friends with the president of a different sanctioning body. So the idea was that between the three of us, and the personal relationships we've developed working in boxing over the years, that we could offer insight into the operations of the WBC, WBA and IBF. It didn't make sense to put WBO in the name when none of us are friends with Paco.

Comment

Hard to respect the IBF when they were blatantly exposed for being a huge bribery operation, just like the WBA. Yes, they've cleaned up their act now, but at what cost? They're so strict that the top stars avoid them like the plague. They're trying to be legit in a sport that isn't legit. It doesn't work.

The WBC is a compromise between the complete honesty of the IBF and the complete corruption of the WBA. The WBC makes decisions based on what's best for the sport and what will lead to the biggest fights. The IBF is a slave to the rules and doesn't have the freedom to do what will lead to the biggest fights and the WBA is so short sighted they'd rather have a $10 bribe today than a $100 sanctioning fee a year from now.

google " WBC boxing corruption "

I don't even need to post you a link, take your pick

you are turd-polishing, for some reason

Comment

This user name wasn't chosen as any sort of endorsement of the sanctioning bodies. This name was chosen because three separate posters, who had separate accounts, happened to be friends with the president of a different sanctioning body. So the idea was that between the three of us, and the personal relationships we've developed working in boxing over the years, that we could offer insight into the operations of the WBC, WBA and IBF. It didn't make sense to put WBO in the name when none of us are friends with Paco.
            oh sorry i didnt know i was talking to the wbc today, tomorrow when the wba signs on to your shared account he's gong to be really distraught about what you have said. civil war!

Comment

There's no such thing as WBA real champion. Stop trying to invent what doesn't exist. Muhammad Ali was the WBA world champion. Not WBA super champion. Not WBA real champion. Not WBA fake champion. The WBA super championship is a different championship from the WBA world championship.

hold on dude.....

seeing you bought up the subject of things that don't exist...

how many titles did the WBA have in each division back when Ali was fighting?

you need to have a think about that lol

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                google " WBC boxing corruption "

I don't even need to post you a link, take your pick

you are turd-polishing, for some reason
                The WBC caters to the big fighters and the big promoters. That's no secret. But that's also not corruption. The WBC's job is to help facilitate big fights so they can make big sanctioning fees. Sanctioning fees are how they're supposed to make their money and it's supposed to be their incentive to help facilitate bigger fights with bigger purses.

As opposed to the WBA and IBF who would just sell their rankings for cash because they were too lazy to just make big fights, which would make them a lot more money than bribes would.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  oh sorry i didnt know i was talking to the wbc today, tomorrow when the wba signs on to your shared account he's gong to be really distraught about what you have said. civil war!
                  we wouldn't share an account if we had differing opinions about the sanctioning bodies. just because someone is personal friends with berto doesn't mean they agree with the decisions he makes.

Comment

That's a lie. They've always had more than one champion. Youth champion, continental champion, international champion, world champion, etc etc.

Then stop watching boxing. It's the most corrupt sport that's ever existed, even worse than wrestling.

That's what journalists have done since 2001 and that's what created this mess. Journalists are supposed to cover the news, not create it. By lying about who the WBA world champion was, journalists allowed the WBA to get away with having multiple fighters recognized as world champion. If you just stuck to the facts of who the world champion was, you wouldn't have this confusion.

That's a lie. There's no such thing as regular champion. The WBA's ratings clearly say SUPER CHAMPION and WORLD CHAMPION. It doesn't say regular champion anywhere.

nobody is talking about that junior rubbish you muppet

The WBA has even been known to recognize three different fighters as one form of champion or another in the same weight class ("Super", "Regular", and "interim champion").....

..... As of 2017, the WBA continues to issue Regular titles, despite having previously stated that they would seek to reduce their number of titles to one per weight class.

the WBA titles were known as.....

* super champion
                    * regular champion
                    * interim champion

it is truly bizarre that you do not know that

what you choose to call them now, makes no difference to anyone else

Comment

The WBC caters to the big fighters and the big promoters. That's no secret. But that's also not corruption. The WBC's job is to help facilitate big fights so they can make big sanctioning fees. Sanctioning fees are how they're supposed to make their money and it's supposed to be their incentive to help facilitate bigger fights with bigger purses.

As opposed to the WBA and IBF who would just sell their rankings for cash because they were too lazy to just make big fights, which would make them a lot more money than bribes would.

the WBC are as corrupt as anyone else you cawk-sucker

Comment

Working...
                      X