Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's have a discussion about this A side B side.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson.
    Lewis was the obvious B side. Had he even been on PPV before that?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Lewis was the obvious B side. Had he even been on PPV before that?
      Oh my god. This is just ****ing priceless and the absolute best proof you started watching boxing yesterday.

First of all, how can there be an obvious B-side when it was a 50/50 purse split, with both fighters guaranteed $17.5 million a piece?

Second of all, how can Lewis be the obvious B-side when his PPVs were selling better than Tyson's at the time, Lewis got first billing on the fight, Lewis got to walk last, etc.

As for your question about whether Lewis had even been on PPV before that, he had already headlined some of the most successful PPVs in history and had been a PPV fighters for many years. Honestly, what you just posted is so embarrassing, you should be so humiliated by your ignorance, that I'm not going to be able to respond to you anymore.

But for you, the biggest ****ing idiot in the history of this site, who doesn't think Lennox Lewis had ever been on PPV before fighting Tyson, please allow me to list some of his PPV fights that took place before the Tyson fight, you absolutely ******ed piece of ****:

LENNOX LEWIS vs ANDREW GOLOTA (HBO PPV)

EVANDER HOLYFIELD vs LENNOX LEWIS (HBO PPV)

EVANDER HOLYFIELD vs LENNOX LEWIS II (HBO PPV)

LENNOX LEWIS vs MICHAEL GRANT (HBO PPV)

LENNOX LEWIS vs DAVID TUA (HBO PPV)

HASIM RAHMAN vs LENNOX LEWIS II (HBO PPV)

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
        Exactly. It seems like something that would be a simple topic but we get new threads every day about who's right. If you look at it as fighter A and B instead of giving them names it's pretty clear what's blocking the fight.
        It’s clear that AJ is the a side barely
        And canelo was the A side clearly

Comment

Oh my god. This is just ****ing priceless and the absolute best proof you started watching boxing yesterday.

First of all, how can there be an obvious B-side when it was a 50/50 purse split, with both fighters guaranteed $17.5 million a piece?

Second of all, how can Lewis be the obvious B-side when his PPVs were selling better than Tyson's at the time, Lewis got first billing on the fight, Lewis got to walk last, etc.

As for your question about whether Lewis had even been on PPV before that, he had already headlined some of the most successful PPVs in history and had been a PPV fighters for many years. Honestly, what you just posted is so embarrassing, you should be so humiliated by your ignorance, that I'm not going to be able to respond to you anymore.

But for you, the biggest ****ing idiot in the history of this site, who doesn't think Lennox Lewis had ever been on PPV before fighting Tyson, please allow me to list some of his PPV fights that took place before the Tyson fight, you absolutely ******ed piece of ****:

Damn! Pure ether. Robbie got knocked out of the ring Joe Smith Jr. vs Bernard Hopkins style

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
            Was there ever been a match up that there was no clear B-side?
            Pac vs horn was a toss up
            So was Floyd vs berto

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
              Damn! Pure ether. Robbie got knocked out of the ring Joe Smith Jr. vs Bernard Hopkins style
              Lmfao great post

Comment

First of all i'm not American, second of all i was very young at the time so i don't know much about the American PPVS at that time in history. What i do know is Tyson sold many more PPVS, was one of the most famous fighters in history, a much bigger name than Lewis and Lewis doesn't appear on the list of PPVs that broke 1 mil sales until he fought Tyson. So yes i still believe Tyson was the bigger draw and the A side.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  First of all i'm not American, second of all i was very young at the time so i don't know much about the American PPVS at that time in history. What i do know is Tyson sold many more PPVS, was one of the most famous fighters in history, a much bigger name than Lewis and Lewis doesn't appear on the list of PPVs that broke 1 mil sales until he fought Tyson. So yes i still believe Tyson was the bigger draw and the A side.
                  Just take your L and move on. Your 0 got taken by horrible knockout but like a young Pacquiao you can bounce back. I would advise cherry picking for a while to gain your confidence back.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
                    Was there ever been a match up that there was no clear B-side?
                    Klitscko vs Joshua. Both agreed to 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                      Just take your L and move on. Your 0 got taken by horrible knockout but like a young Pacquiao you can bounce back. I would advise cherry picking for a while to gain your confidence back.
                      What L? I asked a question because i didn't know. Am i supposed to know everything about a country i've never stepped foot in and was a baby at the time it happened?

Comment

Working...
                      X