Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's have a discussion about this A side B side.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's have a discussion about this A side B side.

Why make excuses for a fighter claiming they're more popular or they're getting lowballed? The fact of the matter is the A side brings more money so they get a higher percentage. That's literally how a fair system works. Anybody claiming that one guy will generate 5m and the other generates 25m should get the same amount is an idiot.

Now in terms of B side. I think the best you should do is try to get the terms as fair as possible so you can beat your guy up and become the A side. If you're not promoted well you gotta take the tougher road to get to the top of the mountain but you can get there.

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
    Why make excuses for a fighter claiming they're more popular or they're getting lowballed? The fact of the matter is the A side brings more money so they get a higher percentage. That's literally how a fair system works. Anybody claiming that one guy will generate 5m and the other generates 25m should get the same amount is an idiot.

Now in terms of B side. I think the best you should do is try to get the terms as fair as possible so you can beat your guy up and become the A side. If you're not promoted well you gotta take the tougher road to get to the top of the mountain but you can get there.
    What’s your point? This is simple as I don’t get why people don’t understand

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      What’s your point? This is simple as I don’t get why people don’t understand
      Exactly. It seems like something that would be a simple topic but we get new threads every day about who's right. If you look at it as fighter A and B instead of giving them names it's pretty clear what's blocking the fight.

Comment

Yep it's simple. You only see biased fans trying to defend their fighter arguing that the B-side deserves 50% etc.

Comment

I think it’s weird that there’s some guys around here that talk like They really know the numbers and percentages behind the scenes. Must be a lot of , promoters, agents, and managers logged in at all times

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
            I think it’s weird that there’s some guys around here that talk like They really know the numbers and percentages behind the scenes. Must be a lot of , promoters, agents, and managers logged in at all times
            No they just keep up with the news being revealed by the fighters teams.

Comment

Was there ever been a match up that there was no clear B-side?

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
                Keith Thurman vs. Shawn Porter came to mind for me but I didnt even delve into the prefight. They just seem like 2 fighters that are about even popularity wise. (When they fought)

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
                  Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post

The problem arises when there's dispute.

Wilder-Joshua at T-Mobile had enough value that the backers were willing to front $60m to stage the fight (Wilder would've likely seen the bulk of his take on the back end, but he wasn't going to show up with zero guaranteed money).

Eddie Hearn has already publicly argued that Joshua-Wilder was only worth $45m (with the last biggest fight seeing the main event fighters split $50m).

Joshua brings more money, but the fight is worth significantly more in Wilder's home market; logic says that there's got to be a way to square that opportunity cost, to keep the fight in the UK, right?

Vegas wanted Cotto-Alvarez for $15m, MSG wanted the fight for $20m. Solution? The agreed split was taken from the MSG offer and covered with the Las Vegas money.

Comment

Working...
                    X