Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, Eddie Hearn is doing what PBC should have from the jump

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I agree. Haymon laid the blueprint for a lot of the current successes of other promoters & en****** in boxing right now. Its kinda becoming a common theme that Haymon is so closed off & seemingly hard headed in pushing so many angles that aren't working that PBC is never gonna become what it could be. They are operating on 1910's time. The world moves much faster today. And Farmer gots a new fight all f#cking ready & meanwhile a potential future of boxing guy like Spence STILL DON'T GOT A FIGHT. This sh^t is so f#cking sorry & disappointing.

That said with Haymon's roster if he hadn't of signed that Fox deal he coulda joined DAZN & it'd be a wrap for ESPN+ Boxing cuz DAZN with what they got now & Haymon's roster you can make 90% of the fights you wanna make in the US cuz Arum is really the only major player standing then.

So yawn we still got a decade or three before boxing makes any damn sense with giving us the fights we wanna see. Gonna have to hope the singularity happens to see boxing at its best with everyone under the same umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Have you forgotten it was gonna be Saunders vs Andrade? Another last minute replacement fight and you're complaining about it lol
      All the fights were good ,when fans get the knock outs they cry about it. anyone who stopped watching the fights aren't real fans. these kids are probably still in school at least that's my impression on here. A bunch of non fans who dislike a certain promoter and talk little about actual boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Yea I agree. Haymon laid the blueprint for a lot of the current successes of other promoters & en****** in boxing right now. Its kinda becoming a common theme that Haymon is so closed off & seemingly hard headed in pushing so many angles that aren't working that PBC is never gonna become what it could be. They are operating on 1910's time. The world moves much faster today. And Farmer gots a new fight all f#cking ready & meanwhile a potential future of boxing guy like Spence STILL DON'T GOT A FIGHT. This sh^t is so f#cking sorry & disappointing.

That said with Haymon's roster if he hadn't of signed that Fox deal he coulda joined DAZN & it'd be a wrap for ESPN+ Boxing cuz DAZN with what they got now & Haymon's roster you can make 90% of the fights you wanna make in the US cuz Arum is really the only major player standing then.

So yawn we still got a decade or three before boxing makes any damn sense with giving us the fights we wanna see. Gonna have to hope the singularity happens to see boxing at its best with everyone under the same umbrella.
        Hearn is trying the UFC blue print not Haymons. It will happen ,its why DAZN gave Hearn the money to lead the way ,he's slowly doing it by trying to get contractual obligations from top guys to promising ones. In the UFC all the top guys fight each other a few times win or lose they don't get penalized like Boxing and become irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          I said at the beginning that PBC would have been great had it been in an app with a monthly fee of 5 to 10 dollars giving us all the fights they have shown on showtime, Fox, CBS, etc....they wasted all that money the first few years with time buys and the ratings weren't fantastic and showtime never has good ratings

They have so many fighters to stick in limited time slots that guys are crying for fights on social media most the time.

Could have built up a nice userbase over the last few years and maybe built a star or 2 instead of having their guys stuck in neutral forever.
          In my opinion where PBC went wrong was too many networks at different times. I would have loved for them to stick to a weekly or biweekly boxing show on the same network at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            Hearn is trying the UFC blue print not Haymons.
            No he's not. Hearn is merely a boxing promoter. A boxing promoter could NEVER attempt what the UFC does. The MAA prevents that.

DAZN could make it happen doe. And Hearn isn't DAZN. I wish you guys would quit with making up false bs narratives. Haymon isn't a promoter & Hearn isn't DAZN. Just cuz you keep saying dumb sh^t don't make dumb sh^t true.

Comment

The new PBC deals to take effect until Dec (or really January.) Once Dec rolls around things will be up and running. There is a minimum of at least 3 cards per month starting in Dec (and some months may havr more with PPV and Bounce cards scattered in.) So yeah, Tevin and other like Big Baby may have another fight on the horizon (which is a good thing.)

I think Haymon and PBC will be fine once the December hits. They'll be up and running and the inactivity label that some boxers have gained "should" be out the door. If Tank and Spence and the Charlo's aren't fighting 2-3 timea a year by the end of 2019 than we will know that them getting dates wasn't the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                In my opinion where PBC went wrong was too many networks at different times. I would have loved for them to stick to a weekly or biweekly boxing show on the same network at the same time.
                NCAA Football comes on like 19 different networks. How is it a problem when boxing does it, smh.

The other promoters killed it IMO. Lawsuits from Arum and Oscar only for them to go to a network that PBC tool over (ESPN.) After that PBC started putting subpar matches on but they started with a somewhat bang

People were up in arms with PBC taking aways Friday Night Fights. But I've yet to see someone ask Arum to bring Friday Night Fights back sinxe he's on ESPN now.

Comment

No he's not. Hearn is merely a boxing promoter. A boxing promoter could NEVER attempt what the UFC does. The MAA prevents that.

DAZN could make it happen doe. And Hearn isn't DAZN. I wish you guys would quit with making up false bs narratives. Haymon isn't a promoter & Hearn isn't DAZN. Just cuz you keep saying dumb sh^t don't make dumb sh^t true.

You can call it what you like but what you posted isn't true at all. Skipper the guy who over sees things requested Hearnat the Canelo deal. He was given 1 billion dollars to come up with a blue print to front run the boxing on DAZN,wheather he gets fighters to sign with him or just aother promotions like Golden boy who he called to get that deal rolling. The only dumb ones are the ones who cant understand this with which has now been more then enough content on this forum to understand this and what Hearns function is.

Hearn himself last year said the UFC blueprint was the way to go and hes doing that. his recent comment with GGG having to sign to DAZN is proof,dont know what more proof you can actually want?

Edit : GGG to sign with DAZN to get another Canelo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    NCAA Football comes on like 19 different networks. How is it a problem when boxing does it, smh.

The other promoters killed it IMO. Lawsuits from Arum and Oscar only for them to go to a network that PBC tool over (ESPN.) After that PBC started putting subpar matches on but they started with a somewhat bang

People were up in arms with PBC taking aways Friday Night Fights. But I've yet to see someone ask Arum to bring Friday Night Fights back sinxe he's on ESPN now.
                    Well first you can't compare the popularity of football in this country to boxing.
                    Boxing has a much smaller following. If you're going to try to build a larger following, you have to have a single place casuals can tune in week by week. You have to familiarize them with the big names, in the sport by putting them on even if it's a tune up fight.
                    This is all my opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                      Well first you can't compare the popularity of football in this country to boxing.
                      Boxing has a much smaller following. If you're going to try to build a larger following, you have to have a single place casuals can tune in week by week. You have to familiarize them with the big names, in the sport by putting them on even if it's a tune up fight.
                      This is all my opinion of course.
                      Well they have that now. PBC will have a has a monthly show on Fox, FS1 and Showtime each starting in December. The Fox shows look to be the 3rd Saturday of each month.

Dec 22 Barclays
                      Jan 19 MGM
                      Feb 16 MGM
                      Mar 16 MGM

No word on when the SHO and FS1 dates will be.

Comment

Working...
                      X