No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn was involved in the Golden Boy/DAZN deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Why do you assume something is true just because he said it? He's a promoter. It's his job to lie.

I'm not saying he wasn't involved, but this thread is a classic example of AJ fans believing everything Hearn says is the gospel.
    Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
    Again.. you could say that about anything or anyone.

Your hiding behind literal sentences and meanings to fit your narrative.

Hearn was at that meeting..nobody has come out to say otherwise. I'm sure other people will confirm if asked.

The literal meaning of "just because Hearn said it doesn't make it true" is correct.. but it flies against every logical conclusion other than the one you like to believe and which suits your narrative.. that he lies about everything.

Do you believe he was at that meeting or not? Answer is either yes or no...
    "WBC WBA IBF" is not an idiot or a troll - he is a cynical spin doctor who has boasted about being paid to "tell fans the truth about boxing"

No prizes for guessing who's truth he is being paid to tell.

According to him, Hearn is a promoter, it's his job to lie. But Shelly Finkel is not a promoter, he's a manager, and managers don't need to lie .. so whenever Hearn and Finkel contradict each other, we should always disbelieve Hearn and accept what Finkel says as the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      And if the thread was about another notorious liar, I'd say the same thing.
      You don't say the same thing when Shelley Finkel tells blatent lies, as in this interview:

When the interviewer asks why it was that he first accepted an offer from Hearn to fight AJ in the UK, then rejected that same offer, Finkel responds by saying that he never accepted that offer, because it didn't have a rematch clause or a venue.

But back in June, Finkel made this statement to ESPN:

"We have agreed to the terms that Eddie has put out to us for a fight in the U.K. Deontay has accepted his terms to fight in the U.K.," Finkel said. "Deontay sent an email to Joshua [Sunday] night, and I sent one [Monday] to Barry Hearn and Eddie telling them that we officially accept the offer to fight under the terms they gave us and to send us the contract."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...er-eddie-hearn

When he's asked why not knowing the venue was a sticking point for Wilder vs AJ, but not for Wilder vs Fury, Finkel responds by saying he knew the date and the venue for Wilder vs Fury right from the start of the negotiations.

If that was true, then why did Finkel and Warren keep telling us that the date and venue for the fight hadn't been decided yet? And why were we reading about bidding wars going on between different venues in Vegas, LA, and NY?
      Last edited by kafkod; 10-19-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dsr View Post
        Hearn is delighted with his life; he has Canelo on the platform without eating into his budget and has a much bigger carrot to attract other fighters to DAZN and Matchroom USA. It couldn't have worked out better for him.
        One of Hearn's major ambitions is to build AJ into an international star, and DAZN will be AJ's US platform. So obviously, the more subscribers DAZN gets, the better for Hearn and AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          One of Hearn's major ambitions is to build AJ into an international star, and DAZN will be AJ's US platform. So obviously, the more subscribers DAZN gets, the better for Hearn and AJ.
          I didn't even look at it like that, but that seems spot on. Watching AJ at 10 dollars a month plus other boxers is like watching free fights every month. That platform is better for AJ profile than if he was fighting on PPV at whatever price they charge over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I didn't even look at it like that, but that seems spot on. Watching AJ at 10 dollars a month plus other boxers is like watching free fights every month. That platform is better for AJ profile than if he was fighting on PPV at whatever price they charge over there.
            Why would Joshua fight on PPV in the states unless it is against Wilder? His fights were on SHO, which is essentially the same price as DAZN.

Comment

AJ is a charismatic, English speaking HW. If he keeps winning, he could easily replace Canelo as DAZN's biggest boxing star.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                AJ is a charismatic, English speaking HW. If he keeps winning, he could easily replace Canelo as DAZN's No1 star boxer.
                In America or worldwide? Because if you are talking in America, not going to happen unless he actually starts fighting majority of the time here which he has no reason to. But worldwide like DAZN Germany/Italy/etc? Definitely can be that, and he probably already is in all of Europe.

And define charismatic? Joshua is pretty damn dull with no personality.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Why would Joshua fight on PPV in the states unless it is against Wilder? His fights were on SHO, which is essentially the same price as DAZN.
                  If you are Joshua promoter your next step would be to build him up in america. Which is why he is on DAZN and not sho. His promoter has essentially said his american fighters would be on DAZN so it doesn't matter who his opponents is.

Comment

If you are Joshua promoter your next step would be to build him up in america. Which is why he is on DAZN and not sho. His promoter has essentially said his american fighters would be on DAZN so it doesn't matter who his opponents is.
                    Huh? What does this have to do with my post? You said paying $10 bucks a month is better than watching him on PPV for "whatever they charge over there." And I'm saying why would he be fighting on PPV stateside if it isn't against someone like Wilder? The price to watch Joshua is essentially the same as it was before when he was fighting on SHO.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Huh? What does this have to do with my post? You said paying $10 bucks a month is better than watching him on PPV for "whatever they charge over there." And I'm saying why would he be fighting on PPV stateside if it isn't against someone like Wilder? The price to watch Joshua is essentially the same as it was before when he was fighting on SHO.
                      Then re-read the post, Joshua going over to fight in america would have been on PPV, it doesn't matter who he fights. Now that his promoter has DAZN he doesn't need to be on PPV. If DAZN wasn't active Joshua would probably be on showtime PPV for Miller or Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X