No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn was involved in the Golden Boy/DAZN deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    According to him, Hearn is a promoter, it's his job to lie. But Shelly Finkel is not a promoter, he's a manager, and managers don't need to lie .. so whenever Hearn and Finkel contradict each other, we should always disbelieve Hearn and accept what Finkel says as the truth!
    Plenty of managers lie, but lying to the public isn't their literal job description like it is for a promoter. A promoter's literal profession is to lie to the public to make them want to buy an event.

If Hearn and Finkel contradict each other, it's more likely Finkel is telling the truth since Hearn is a pathological liar and Finkel isn't, but that doesn't mean I would automatically accept something as true just because Finkel said it. Unlike Hearn, Finkel goes out of his way to back up his positions with evidence and he's shown the emails from the negotiations to enough US reporters at this point that the American press is aware Hearn was lying through his teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
      You talk nonsense. If he was such a notorious liar fighters wouldn't sign with him.
      Nearly every successful promoter in the history of boxing has been a notorious liar. It's one of the most essential elements of being a promoter. Are you denying that Don King was a notorious liar? Because plenty of fighters signed with him. Think about how stupid your statement is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
        Soooo just because Finkel said there was 50 million offer with no strings attached doesn't mean it was true?
        Finkel saying it doesn't make it automatically true. We know it's true though because Showtime, Joshua, Hearn, etc have all confirmed the offer was real. It would take a pretty big idiot to still believe the offer wasn't legitimate when Joshua and Hearn have already admitted it was.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          But you don't know he wasn't.. so you don't know it isn't a fact. You're just calling out the OP for their literal meaning of things
          I'm using it as an example of this site constantly assuming things are true for no reason other than the fact that Hearn said it. That's a dangerous way of thinking because he lies so often that him saying something shouldn't be proof of anything.

You claim that Anthony joshua is the best P4P fighter in the world because he could beat any boxer in a lower division.. that isn't a fact
          That's a lie. I've never claimed AJ is the best P4P. I've said I have him #1 at heavyweight and that he's the #1 boxer in the world since he's the boxer that would beat the other boxers.

P4P is a way to judge fighters of various sizes by determining who has been most impressive in their weight divisions. I have Usyk #1 P4P because he's the only undisputed champion right now.

Comment

if hes involved great for him, weather hes directly involved or indirectly he wins from it. why are fans so happy about and arguing over it is the real question.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              Why do you assume something is true just because he said it? He's a promoter. It's his job to lie.

I'm not saying he wasn't involved, but this thread is a classic example of AJ fans believing everything Hearn says is the gospel.
              Come on now its public knowledge he's involved other wise he wouldn't have been at the podium during the press conferences regarding Canelo. Are you aware he was recognized as a DAZN executive when the chief executive introduced him? Again you are coming off a highly suspicious poster on here ,not sure what your agenda is on here and why do you post things that go against the grain?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Why would Joshua fight on PPV in the states unless it is against Wilder? His fights were on SHO, which is essentially the same price as DAZN.
                Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                If you are Joshua promoter your next step would be to build him up in america. Which is why he is on DAZN and not sho. His promoter has essentially said his american fighters would be on DAZN so it doesn't matter who his opponents is.
                Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Huh? What does this have to do with my post? You said paying $10 bucks a month is better than watching him on PPV for "whatever they charge over there." And I'm saying why would he be fighting on PPV stateside if it isn't against someone like Wilder? The price to watch Joshua is essentially the same as it was before when he was fighting on SHO.
                But the millions of subscribers who sign up because of Canelo and GBP will all be boxing fans. That's the difference. And DAZN will put up big money to fund AJ's US fights which wouldn't be there with Sho, so he shouldn't have any problem getting the right opponents - except Wilder, of course.. I don't think Haymon would allow Wilder on DAZN for any amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                  Come on now its public knowledge he's involved other wise he wouldn't have been at the podium during the press conferences regarding Canelo. Are you aware he was recognized as a DAZN executive when the chief executive introduced him? Again you are coming off a highly suspicious poster on here ,not sure what your agenda is on here and why do you post things that go against the grain?
                  He says that somebody is paying him to post here. Somebody who wants fans to know "the truth" about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                    Was that not during the press conference of the Fielding fight or is this another press conference? And for as much as Hearn says he is involved, it is clear that GBP by the stuff they have been feeding writers think the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      He says that somebody is paying him to post here. Somebody who wants fans to know "the truth" about boxing.
                      Well that explains it because my very short history here with him seemed like he was some sort of troll just because his views were so way off ,now I see why . i'll be sure to stay away and not waste my time, then again I don't like false information when I see it so I might have to respond. Ha

Comment

Working...
                      X