No announcement yet.

Hearn: Golovkin has to sign with DAZN or he’s not getting another Canelo fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    What’s the WBA’s statement to why they have so many belts?
    I think they've been working on their blueprint to go down to 1 belt per division for about 5-6 years now lmfao. And I'm not even bsing. And I think a year or two ago they said they were on track to be down to 1 belt in another 4-5 years lmfao.

Those mfers don't make no kind of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I think they've been working on their blueprint to go down to 1 belt per division for about 5-6 years now lmfao. And I'm not even bsing. And I think a year or two ago they said they were on track to be down to 1 belt in another 4-5 years lmfao.

Those mfers don't make no kind of sense.
      I don't know what's difficult with making every WBA regular and WBA Super champ in each division face off. Make it a mandatory unification, then you only have one title.

Sure, a lot of them will be mismatches (Usyk/Shumenov, Joshua/Charr, Fielding/Smith, Castano/Hurd) Okay, they're all mismatches except maybe Inoue/Burnett. But at least it gets rid of the damn belts.

Comment

He sounds like a prick (He is a prick anyways) but this is business at the end of the day, where is GGG going to go though? He would only move once Canelo moves. So either sign with GBP/Matchroom/DAZN.

Comment

I watched the video. He definitely said it. Not clickbait at all.

And no its not "stating the obvious". He's implying with direct words that fights won't be made with non-DAZN fighters if they have drawing power. Random guys sure. If there is a mando situation then they'll have to figure something out. But if you are a player in the division & not a mando Hearn just said you aren't getting the fight with a DAZN guy.

Thats a problem. And thats bad business. Hell man everyone knows Arum operates like that 99% of the time, but even he's not stupid or c#cky enough to say it out loud. Hearn is feeling himself a lil too much with these comments & he needs to walk them back.
          Yes it is stating the obvious. If you want to fight Canelo you will have to fight on DAZN. They aren't going to let Canelo fight on another network.

Comment

I don't know what's difficult with making every WBA regular and WBA Super champ in each division face off. Make it a mandatory unification, then you only have one title.
            No mfing clue whats so difficult about it, seems like you could do this in 12mos, maybe 18 months if some guys are injured, but here's WBA Guy saying it'll be done by late 2019 with hope it'll be done by mid 2019 a year ago.
            "I do not want to move away from the plan (reduction of titles). My intention is to sort out all of the weight categories although there are already many with only one champion. It's going to cost me a little more time. Hopefully by the 2019 convention we have everything straightened out. I hope we get it done by the middle of 2019."
            https://www.boxingscene.com/wba-prez...d-2019--121938

Comment

No mfing clue whats so difficult about it, seems like you could do this in 12mos, maybe 18 months if some guys are injured, but here's WBA Guy saying it'll be done by late 2019 with hope it'll be done by mid 2019 a year ago.

https://www.boxingscene.com/wba-prez...d-2019--121938
              SMFH. It's not even a nice looking belt. Give me WBC and IFB all day.

Comment

Couldn’t he fight Murata on ESPN, then force a WBA unification to go to purse bid?

Either way, HBO leaves and we have another boxing Cold War. Lovely.
                that could take a couple of years from now to come to a happy end..
                it could get even worst if canelo decides to fight in two divisions , which means he only has to fight 1 mando or unify once a year per division, kind of like floyd was doing at 147-154.. if he he follows this route and decides to unify before mandos, he might not even get his hands on a mando until 2021 and the first in line will be charlo, it could get to a point on where sanctioning bodies will have to make mandos fight each other to see who is next for canelo...
                at the end of the day money talks, and it could be the easy route for ggg if he signs for dazn...

Comment

I watched the video. He definitely said it. Not clickbait at all.

And no its not "stating the obvious". He's implying with direct words that fights won't be made with non-DAZN fighters if they have drawing power. Random guys sure. If there is a mando situation then they'll have to figure something out. But if you are a player in the division & not a mando Hearn just said you aren't getting the fight with a DAZN guy.

Thats a problem. And thats bad business. Hell man everyone knows Arum operates like that 99% of the time, but even he's not stupid or c#cky enough to say it out loud. Hearn is feeling himself a lil too much with these comments & he needs to walk them back.

Hearn doesn't control who Canelo fights. He has no say whats over when it comes to GB cards. Anyone can fight Canelo, it's who Canelo wants to fight and it will more than likely be on DAZN without them having to sign to DAZN. Hearn's a prick, neither Khan nor Chavez Jr. have to sign to HBO or GB to fight Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Yes it is stating the obvious. If you want to fight Canelo you will have to fight on DAZN. They aren't going to let Canelo fight on another network.
                    That's pretty much obvious that any Canelo fight would be on DAZN just like they had to fight him on HBO. However, it doesn't mean they have to sign a contract to exclusively fight on DAZN. Canelo and GB choose who they fight, Hearn has no say what so ever on that. Canelo Jr., LIam Smith, nor Khan had to sign exclusive contracts with HBO to fight Canelo. Hearn is trying to force fighters to sign to DAZN in order to fight his figters and yet it hasn't worked out for him. Hearn is lucky that GB and Canelo ended up on DAZN because nobody was really paying attention to him, it was Oscar that had to deliver what Hearn couldn't to DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                      Hearn doesn't control who Canelo fights.
                      He has control over who his guys fight. And its douchey at best he's saying this out loud. Like I said this is basically Arum's business model, but he's not dumb enough to say it out loud.

Comment

Working...
                      X