No announcement yet.

Hearn: Golovkin has to sign with DAZN or he’s not getting another Canelo fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Couldn’t he fight Murata on ESPN, then force a WBA unification to go to purse bid?
    Not necessarily. The WBA changed their rules years ago. The WBA world champion is no longer automatically the mandatory to the WBA super champion. Which is why Joshua's mandatory was Povetkin instead of Charr.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Eddie is kinda being a dick with a lot of his remarks lately. This sorta you gotta sign with me to get x fight is bs & he needs to walk that sh^t back or be called out on it. Its not productive to the sport.

He has suddenly become dana white

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Not necessarily. The WBA changed their rules years ago. The WBA world champion is no longer automatically the mandatory to the WBA super champion. Which is why Joshua's mandatory was Povetkin instead of Charr.
        So what’s the ****ing purpose of having so many stupid WBA belts? Lmao

Comment

Eddie is kinda being a dick with a lot of his remarks lately. This sorta you gotta sign with me to get x fight is bs & he needs to walk that sh^t back or be called out on it. Its not productive to the sport.
          Yup totally agree with this post.

Comment

So what’s the ****ing purpose of having so many stupid WBA belts? Lmao
            The same thing the purpose has been since 2001, to make more money. I stopped recognizing the WBA in 2001 and I'd suggest others do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              The same thing the purpose has been since 2001, to make more money. I stopped recognizing the WBA in 2001 and I'd suggest others do the same.
              Well, yeah. Let me rephrase

What’s the WBA’s statement to why they have so many belts?

Comment

Well, yeah. Let me rephrase

What’s the WBA’s statement to why they have so many belts?
                When the WBA super championship was first introduced, the WBA tried to be slick and act like it wasn't even their idea. When Lennox Lewis became undisputed champion, the WBA immediately stripped him, which not only upset a lot of fans, but severely damaged the credibility of the WBA. So when introducing the WBA super championship, the WBA claimed the idea came from Lennox Lewis and that the purpose of the WBA super championship was to prevent undisputed champions from being stripped.

However, other sanctioning bodies also allow special privileges to unified or undisputed champions and they do so without stripping that champion of their world title and replacing it with a "super" title.

When the WBA did this in 2001, the effective media response would have been to refuse to recognize the super titles as world titles. Had the media done their job and been honest about which title was the world title, the biggest stars would have been so outraged they would have refused to accept the super titles, which would have quickly forced the WBA to drop the idea.

Instead, the media tried ignoring the WBA world title when the division also had a super champion, which just allowed the WBA's practice to slowly gain acceptance over the years. Ignoring sanctioning bodies never helps anything, they need a light shined on them to expose the lunacy, darkness just makes it easier for them to be criminals. When you look at the major WBA and IBF bribery scandals, things only got that bad because the media refused to do their job and cover the sanctioning bodies for what they were. "Ignoring" them is what allowed the mess to get so bad.

Recently the WBA promised to get rid of the super titles finally, but promoters have been begging them to change their mind. Promoters and networks love there being 5 world titles now instead of four. Nobody in the industry other than the WBC, WBA and IBF wants to see the WBA get rid of their super titles. Ultimately the WBA is going to do whatever their customers want them to do and their customers are essentially the promoters and networks.

Comment

I think hearn is kinda embarrassed, he actually hasnt accomplish shit while being on DAZN with his "BILLION" dollars, he talked about how they either sign the fighters or they just buy the fights, and he gone on to lose purse bids lmfao. Oscar went over his head and arguably gotta a better deal than hearns. So hearn is talking Dazn like its his, "if you want to fight canelo you have to be a dazn fighter" which isnt really his place to say, he doesnt know the deal oscar/canelo gots and those fight have absolutely nothing to do with him.

Comment

So is Hearn saying the fight has to be on DAZN or he has to sign a DAZN contract for that and his next couple of fights?
                    I actually made a thread about that the other day "You'll have to sign your life away to fight Canelo on DAZN"

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      I think hearn is kinda embarrassed, he actually hasnt accomplish shit while being on DAZN with his "BILLION" dollars, he talked about how they either sign the fighters or they just buy the fights, and he gone on to lose purse bids lmfao. Oscar went over his head and arguably gotta a better deal than hearns. So hearn is talking Dazn like its his, "if you want to fight canelo you have to be a dazn fighter" which isnt really his place to say, he doesnt know the deal oscar/canelo gots and those fight have absolutely nothing to do with him.
                      LOL yea that could be it. I feel like this sh^t might actually be him in Broner-mode saying sh^t he don't even believe for his own sake to boost his own confidence maybe the more I let these remarks bake. Cuz NO ONE says this sh^t.

I mean no one who actually is in the business. Boxing fans & specifically fanboys say it daily, but no one who gots skin in the game does who's making fights anyone gives a f#ck about anyway.

I'm sure he gots a subscriber count deal doe so he might be counting money since Canelo is sure to get him some of that sexy bonus money on his deal or it might get him his full $125M a year budget cuz I still don't buy he's got $125M on lock right now as we speak. That sh^t might not come til year 3 when they got x number of subscribers or he's jumped through some other hoops to. I know he's certainly not playing the game like he's got $125M thats burning a hole in his pocket.

I foresee Hearn losing his sh^t during this DAZN 8 year deal. Dude is gonna pick up a serious drug habit, smack up his wife or a gf or just lose his sh^t publicly somehow thats obvious dude is stressed out or burnt out. The night Joshua loses he's gonna have a nervous breakdown maybe. He's already acting sketchy as hell & we ain't even 1 month into this 8 year deal is all I know.

Comment

Working...
                      X