No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN To Stream Canelo-Fielding Card, Future Canelo Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    This ^^^^^^ DAZN wanted a seat at the table and they got it landing Canelo. But how much of their entire budget did they just fork over? They taking a risk banking on him delivering a shyt ton of subscriptions.
    Even if they guaranteed him $20 million per fight(over 3 fights)..... how many millions of Canelo fans will pay $9.99 to subscribe every month he fights? This will be worth it just for the first year to gain brand recognition and get a foothold going forward.

I would guess Canelo will be fighting again 'Cinco De Mayo'..... This will be Dazn's big marketing push. Be interesting to see how many of his fans will tune in.

Comment

Goldenboy cut their own deal with DAZN.. this is not a match room deal.. Oscar directly cut a deal for his entire roster with DAZN executives.. FACT

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
        Ok but the future canelo fights on dazn have nothing to do with hearn
        Yes and no. While he doesn't have to be involved in the promoting of the event...you can't box on DAZN without Hearn consent.

Same deal with ESPN, Kovalev/Alvarez 2 is on ESPN and is not promoted by Top Rank but you can fight on ESPN with Top Rank consent.

Comment

Great move for DAZN! Interesting that Canelo is giving up his PPV Drawing Power but I assume that means DAZN cut a Massive Check that GBP couldn't refuse.

No Clue why people are taking about Eddie Hearn gotta separate Hearn from DAZN, he doesn't own or run DAZN he has a Partnership with DAZN just like Scott Coker and Belator has one with them for their MMA Content that has nothing to do with Eddie Hearn

But yeah great move FOR DAZN, gives all those great Mexican Fans a reason to subscribe which should give the APP a bump in Subscribers

Comment

boxingscene is the only publication that has run with this. i'll believe it when i see it. not surprisd that he'll fight rocky fielding for an easy belt that is also a tune up against a sh#tter, but there's no way in hell "DAZN" starts running 100 million dollar ppv fights. no f#cking shot. i have heard that they are doing terrible sub numbers.

i like the service, but FFS anybody else count how many times it cut out! you think they'll get away with that in a ppv! my ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Oscar cut his own deal with DAZN just like he said he would do
              Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ing-determined

De La Hoya was responding to comments made by promoters such as Bob Arum of Top Rank and Matchroom Boxing's Eddie Hearn about their efforts to sign Alvarez to a co-promotional deal with Golden Boy in order to have Alvarez to fight on the platforms they have deals with. Top Rank is tied to ESPN and Matchroom Boxing with sports streaming service DAZN.

"I won't do a deal with Bob Arum or a deal with Eddie Hearn for Canelo," De La Hoya said. "I'm going to go directly to the [platform] and make a deal. I don't need another promoter. We are the promoter of the biggest star on the planet."

You don't hear Hearn's name in any of the reports because he ain't involved. Golden Boy went directly to DAZN and cut a deal with them NOT Hearn.
              Makes no difference to me because we don't have DAZN in the UK. But I wouldn't pay any attention to what Coka Hoya says. He talks complete garbage most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                Eddie has repeatedly said in the interviews that DAZN would be prepared to go beyond the budget for the right fights.
                And I think potentially getting millions of potential subscribers for Canelo fights is worth it.

Comment

Power move by ODLH and Canelo- lets get smith vs canelo next please

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                    Eddie:“Networks need to align with one promoter. Sometimes fans don’t like it but all the promoters, whether you like it or not, are in some way working against each other. So to be working on the same platform, it just doesn’t work. You know, Showtime has got their affiliation with Al Haymon. You know, HBO are doing a bit of everything at the moment. DAZN are exclusive with us. ESPN+ are exclusive with Top Rank and I think that’s the way to go; you know?

You can't get on DAZN without Eddie. Obviously whats good for DAZN is good for Eddie and so obviously he is going to approve the deal.
                    Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                    Hearn is responsible for the Boxing content on DAZN just like Top Rank is responsible for the Boxing content on ESPN.

No other promoter can broadcast a show on DAZN without dealing with Hearn and no other promoter can broadcast a show on ESPN without dealing with Top Rank.
                    Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    That's not what I've been reading here about it!
                    If you followed the thread I wrote last week about Oscar working out a deal with DAZN/ESPN you would have learned that Arum/Eddie give the green lights to fights on ESPN/DAZN. They don't have to co promote or be involved in any other way. And thats straight from the horse's mouth

Comment

So , assuming this is true. Does this pave the way for GGG to sign to DAZN also? Would be most sensible for him? If Jacobs , GGG and canelo are all on DAZN what does that mean for others? Surely that has become the place to be for big fights in and around that division?

Will this trigger the movement Eddie has talked about?

Comment

Working...
                      X